- 01-11-2013, 05:55 AM #2
- 03-28-2013, 04:08 PM #3
- 5 Posts
Re: htc sync manager error 30005
SYNC MANAGER - SEE SOLUTION BELOW (I posted to HTC.com and elsewhere - this was my resolution)
HTC Sync Manager is an MTP application that is slower than a mass storage connection and I've found it to be COMPLETELY USELESS for moving data from my computer (Windows XP) to the HTC One X+.
**** HTC SYNC MANAGER DOES NOT WORK AT ALL ***
TO RESOLVE FILE TRANSFER ISSUES I HAD TO SET THE PHONE UP AS A FTP SERVER with FILEZILLA
This is much slower than using a mass storage USB connection to your computer. The issue is more manageable once you have moved the majority of your old data to the phone and you only have to do one off transfers.
That said it is difficult to set up new folders and organize your phone through a FTP set-up because your PC will not necessarily have permissions to write new folders to your phone. This was a disappointment.
You can add your phone as a NETWORK PLACE on your computer and manage the folders from there... BUT I HIGHLY SUGGEST INSTEAD THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FILEZILLA (client software) to your computer and access your folders that way - you will be able to copy and move files quicker with file zilla because it will transfer 2-10 files at a time (slow transfer speeds btw).
- 04-16-2013, 06:51 AM #4
- 08-07-2013, 11:02 PM #5
- 08-28-2013, 06:45 AM #6
- By Andras in forum HTC EVO 4G LTEReplies: 16Last Post: 03-28-2013, 06:28 PM
- By bellken in forum Verizon Droid DNAReplies: 0Last Post: 12-06-2012, 02:24 PM
- By irishman06 in forum HTC One XReplies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2012, 06:03 PM
- By fairorth in forum HTC One XReplies: 1Last Post: 06-23-2012, 10:29 PM
- By wolfhound89 in forum HTC HeroReplies: 2Last Post: 12-02-2009, 05:47 AM