Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Is your phone better before or after the update?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • My phone was better with ICS before the update

17 31.48%
  • My phone is now better with JB

37 68.52%
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By sed51329
  • 2 Post By MangoPowah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Is your phone better before or after the jb update

Title says it all, just curious how everyone feels. For what it's worth before the update I think I had about every bug anyone had and now after the update my battery life leaves something to be desired but all in all I'm pretty happy.

Default Re: Is your phone better before or after the jb update

Mine is considerably better!!! I few glitches here and there, but nothing major. It had gotten almost unusable before the update.

I've been lucky with my phone and have never had any MAJOR issues. Every software out there has bugs and whatnot. Now immediately after the update my phone was wonky as hell.... but a hard reset, and weeding out an app or two that wasn't working properly with JB and now my phone is much better than before.

Global Posts
    451 Global Posts

mine sux wallpaper and keyboard reset to default every time I reboot and sometimes while using it and also all the other issues everyone else has with sensors and what not

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Either way people complain. The phone update could make you a free four course meal daily, and someone would complain about the consistency of the mashed potatoes.
    Kyocera Koi<Samsung Instinct<Helio Ocean<HTC Touch Pro<Helio Ocean 2<Palm Pre<HTC EVO 4G<HTC EVO 3D<HTC EVO 4G LTE<HTC One
    Mikey47 and So Cold like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sed51329 View Post
    Either way people complain. The phone update could make you a free four course meal daily, and someone would complain about the consistency of the mashed potatoes.
    If only it could.

Even more stuff to rub in iPhone users' faces.
    sed51329 and Mikey47 like this.

ROM
    Flashoholic

My signal was horrible after I updated my firmware. I ended up doing a Nandroid back to ICS, then downgraded my radio and PRI.
    Edit: As well as proximity sensor and battery issue.
    Current device: S-OFF White HTC EVO 4G LTE Rom: MeanROM_ICS_4.9 Kernel: 3.0.8

JB is great because I love Google Now, but I think my GS3 was better with ICS. I've been suffering through a phone with a physical home button because of the awesome battery life. After I got the JB update though, my battery life is far worse. It's just like any other LTE device now. I am also getting a lot of lag anytime I flip to a home screen that has the gmail widget on it. I have tried it on all screens and consistently get the same results. I know I probably just need to reset the phone, but I have had to do that several times already for other random issues. Of course I know it's not Jelly Bean...it's Samsung.

Considerably better then before jb, of course there are a few issues with any software update. I'm not having nearly as much problems then before.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

My phone has had an issue with the keyboard lagging or sticking but I got use to it. Now after the update the keyboard issue seems fine but the other issues that others are having like sensor, home screens lagging, BATTERY big time, ect. are problems. Now, when the update came out, I was not having sensor issues then all of a sudden it started about two weeks from the update. I have done the resets and turning stuff off but to no avail. I know that the issues are being dealt with and things will be fixed with some kind of update. All said and done I still love this phone. I get 4g in some of the areas now and love it. Can't wait till Sprint gets it all up and running. I will say that this is the best EVO I have had out if all of them. My next phone might be a Note 2 though if HTC keeps going down.

I forgot to add that the superior camera used to take awesome photos but after the update my photos seem lower quality than before. Not sure if anyone else has noticed or not but the photos just don't look as sharp as they did before.

Did you try changing your settings on the camera?

Much better!