Stuck in recovery with S-ON
My friends phone is an EVO LTE and it was rooted with a ROM and TWRP and HBOOT 1.15.
For some reason....He installed the system update from Sprint and rebooted the phone and wiped Cache, Dalvik and System. Then he reset the phone and it got stuck at the HTC bootscreen.
I was able to get into recovery, wiped everything and I tried installing FRESH ROM. It said 'successful' and then rebooted and the screen was just black. I went back into recovery and noticed the status is S-ON.
I downloaded the newest JB RUU but it won't detect the device as I cant boot into the OS.
What do I do?
- 01-06-2013, 06:11 PM #2Flashoholic!!
- 2,137 Posts
Re: Stuck in recovery with S-ON
OTA updates will not take or work with a custom recovery installed
With s-on you might need to flash the boot.img when you flashed Fresh rom, This is why you make a nand backup so when things go wrong you can restore your backup and be up and running
- By Ky1e.YC in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 05-12-2015, 07:30 AM
- By creature22 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 0Last Post: 09-19-2012, 01:38 PM
- By RuPrayn2 in forum AT&T Captivate Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 02-19-2012, 08:36 AM
- By jacob.bowers in forum Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 01-09-2012, 11:55 AM
- By cusco in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 2Last Post: 09-24-2010, 04:01 PM