Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    I wish I wasn't a dumbass!

    Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    If you have a little computer know how, are able to follow directions well, and am willing to take a little risk,,,, it isn't too painful.
  2. #27  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    If you have a little computer know how, are able to follow directions well, and am willing to take a little risk,,,, it isn't too painful.
    And you'll probably learn a lot too. I thought I was a dummy at first, but you learn so much just following instructions it's insane. Go for it!
  3. #28  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    I think I got it figured out. I did a hard reset and tweaked some other stuff. I had delved pretty deep into getting my settings just right on stock so I suppose it will just take a little while to get there with meanbean. My phone sure does fly now though. I almost don't even care I don't get any lte where I'm at. It would be nice but the phone is so zippy with pretty much everything now.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  4. #29  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    I just flashed the "Sticky Settings" ZIP and changed the phone to run higher performance vs. battery. Between that and the 2.0 performance update the phone is crazy snappy now. Should be interesting to see what the changes in battery life are.
    What was the command you used?
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Got a phone call today and I had to press one after I answered, or I could press two to send it to voice mail. Is there anyway i can disable that?

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    What was the command you used?
    Flashing the ZIP creates the MeanBean.opt file in your phone data folder. Open it with ES Explorer. There are a bunch of lines that start with ## and #. Remove the # sign in front of the line #PERFORMANCE_OR_BATTERY="BATTERY" and change ="BATTERY" to ="PERFORMANCE". There are some other settings in there too. These will stay the same as you update the ROM unlike ones like Stock Haptic Feedback ZIP, etc. that have to be reflashed each update.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    Got a phone call today and I had to press one after I answered, or I could press two to send it to voice mail. Is there anyway i can disable that?

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I haven't had that happen yet. You might need to make an account over at XDA and post a question in the MeanBean thread.
  8. #33  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    Got a phone call today and I had to press one after I answered, or I could press two to send it to voice mail. Is there anyway i can disable that?

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Also, are you integrated with Google Voice? I know that used to happen to me when I was integrated. One of the couple of reasons I decided to split.
  9. #34  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    Flashing the ZIP creates the MeanBean.opt file in your phone data folder. Open it with ES Explorer. There are a bunch of lines that start with ## and #. Remove the # sign in front of the line #PERFORMANCE_OR_BATTERY="BATTERY" and change ="BATTERY" to ="PERFORMANCE". There are some other settings in there too. These will stay the same as you update the ROM unlike ones like Stock Haptic Feedback ZIP, etc. that have to be reflashed each update.
    Looking at it, I should have known. Thank you!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Looking at it, I should have known. Thank you!
    No problem. Let me know if you notice the difference too
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Also, are you integrated with Google Voice? I know that used to happen to me when I was integrated. One of the couple of reasons I decided to split.
    Ill try that and see what happens. I have a pretty crappy data connection today though so ill have to wait a while.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Another question. I bought an otg cable to play games with a ps3 controller. It works great with my n7 but its all sorts of glitchy with my evo. Are there no drivers for it on the rom? Would it work if I bought a six axis and installed the six axis app. The only game I tried it with on my phone was shadowgun deadzone. Worked with every game I tried on my nexus.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  13. #38  
    mstrblueskys's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    Another question. I bought an otg cable to play games with a ps3 controller. It works great with my n7 but its all sorts of glitchy with my evo. Are there no drivers for it on the rom? Would it work if I bought a six axis and installed the six axis app. The only game I tried it with on my phone was shadowgun deadzone. Worked with every game I tried on my nexus.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Try using Bluetooth to control. I did that for a while. No cable necessary.
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Does anyone here using MeanBean do Android app development on Windows XP?

    If so, can you confirm that the USB debugging and file transfer via adb works fine with this version of MeanBean
  15. #40  
    nikiva101's Avatar

    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    I love it!! It was very easy to install and I havent had any issues at all!!
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    I would like to give it a try, but are there some instructions on flashing back to stock?

    Also, is there a list of differences between stock JB and Meanbean? ie, is the camera app the same?

    Thanks
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdonaldinks View Post
    I would like to give it a try, but are there some instructions on flashing back to stock?

    Also, is there a list of differences between stock JB and Meanbean? ie, is the camera app the same?

    Thanks
    MeanBean on the surface is basically stock but with a snazzy new battery indicator and different splash screens on boot. It has a bunch of performance tweaks and improvements under the hood. Head over to the xda page for it, it's in android development for the evo lte forum. There's a full description there. The easiest thing is just for you to do a nandroid backup before you flash then if you don't like it for some reason you can go right back to where you were.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  18. #43  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    MeanBean on the surface is basically stock but with a snazzy new battery indicator and different splash screens on boot. It has a bunch of performance tweaks and improvements under the hood. Head over to the xda page for it, it's in android development for the evo lte forum. There's a full description there. The easiest thing is just for you to do a nandroid backup before you flash then if you don't like it for some reason you can go right back to where you were.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I wanna do it but I'm so scared, have never rooted before

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    It was ridiculously easy, the install. Rooting got a a little trickier with the last OTA but if you have any questions pm me and i'd be more than happy to help.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Got phenom battery today.
    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Made the jump to MeanBean last night-uploadfromtaptalk1360655132402.jpg  
  21. #46  

    Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

    Yes Meanbean rocks!!!
    Have some learning to do, but thats stuff you need to know anyway.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Howdy - I finally made the switch to Android
    By samboy in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 10:57 AM
  2. Anyone else get hasseled over the $444.99 price last night?
    By LBTRS in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 09:08 PM
  3. I made The jump..... FINALLY
    By Symbianblack in forum AT&T ATRIX
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 09:26 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 11:11 PM
  5. What developers have made the jump?
    By munsterrr in forum Epic 4G Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-07-2010, 10:44 AM

Posting Permissions