Made the jump to MeanBean last night

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, MeanROM/MeanBean is my favorite Sense-based ROM. Can't wait till he brings back a lot of his mods from the ICS days to JB. The sweep gestures were something else.

Is the 2.0 release as much of a performance boost as he says? I have slow Internet, so it's kin of a pain to download a 620 MB file every day or two. Still, you gotta give Mikey credit for all the work he's been putting into it. Tip him! I did, and he deserves it.

Technically it's here:

/data/MeanBean.wl

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yeah it was throwing me off because I thought the searches I was running on ES File Explorer(I have no previous experience with this app) was searching EVERY possible file on the phone and sd card which was not the case.

And yes the 2.0 performance boost is definitely noticable!!! The ROM is actually up to 2.2 as of this morning. He added some EQ integrations yesterday and then a patch later on for some issues 2.1 was having. I'm skipping 2.1 and 2.2 as they don't really provide anything I need.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Are you guys doing anything to push out that extra battery or just running meanbean plain. I don't feel like I'm getting the powerful battery life you all are. Lost five percent in 22 minutes. I have auto sync turned off and and shut off mobile data when I'm not using internet apps. As well as location settings and GPS. Seems like its worse now than when I had stock. Love the Rom but this battery thing is really irking me.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys doing anything to push out that extra battery or just running meanbean plain. I don't feel like I'm getting the powerful battery life you all are. Lost five percent in 22 minutes. I have auto sync turned off and and shut off mobile data when I'm not using internet apps. As well as location settings and GPS. Seems like its worse now than when I had stock. Love the Rom but this battery thing is really irking me.

How long ago did you install it? I would first try restarting it 2-3 times. For me, if I have battery issues with any new rom the restarts make it a little better. Also, what is your screen brightness? What were you doing in those 22 minutes? If you were playing GTA or something like that, 5% doesn't sound unreasonable.

You'll notice the biggest increase in battery life on idle - if you are careful about use, this rom lasts a really long time.

Also, I had 3 OTAs in 24 hours?!?! Why hasn't HTC signed Mike yet?

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I just flashed the "Sticky Settings" ZIP and changed the phone to run higher performance vs. battery. Between that and the 2.0 performance update the phone is crazy snappy now. Should be interesting to see what the changes in battery life are.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
If you have a little computer know how, are able to follow directions well, and am willing to take a little risk,,,, it isn't too painful.

And you'll probably learn a lot too. I thought I was a dummy at first, but you learn so much just following instructions it's insane. Go for it!

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I got it figured out. I did a hard reset and tweaked some other stuff. I had delved pretty deep into getting my settings just right on stock so I suppose it will just take a little while to get there with meanbean. My phone sure does fly now though. I almost don't even care I don't get any lte where I'm at. It would be nice but the phone is so zippy with pretty much everything now.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed the "Sticky Settings" ZIP and changed the phone to run higher performance vs. battery. Between that and the 2.0 performance update the phone is crazy snappy now. Should be interesting to see what the changes in battery life are.

What was the command you used?

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Got a phone call today and I had to press one after I answered, or I could press two to send it to voice mail. Is there anyway i can disable that?

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
What was the command you used?

Flashing the ZIP creates the MeanBean.opt file in your phone data folder. Open it with ES Explorer. There are a bunch of lines that start with ## and #. Remove the # sign in front of the line #PERFORMANCE_OR_BATTERY="BATTERY" and change ="BATTERY" to ="PERFORMANCE". There are some other settings in there too. These will stay the same as you update the ROM unlike ones like Stock Haptic Feedback ZIP, etc. that have to be reflashed each update.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Got a phone call today and I had to press one after I answered, or I could press two to send it to voice mail. Is there anyway i can disable that?

I haven't had that happen yet. You might need to make an account over at XDA and post a question in the MeanBean thread.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Also, are you integrated with Google Voice? I know that used to happen to me when I was integrated. One of the couple of reasons I decided to split.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Flashing the ZIP creates the MeanBean.opt file in your phone data folder. Open it with ES Explorer. There are a bunch of lines that start with ## and #. Remove the # sign in front of the line #PERFORMANCE_OR_BATTERY="BATTERY" and change ="BATTERY" to ="PERFORMANCE". There are some other settings in there too. These will stay the same as you update the ROM unlike ones like Stock Haptic Feedback ZIP, etc. that have to be reflashed each update.

Looking at it, I should have known. Thank you!

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Also, are you integrated with Google Voice? I know that used to happen to me when I was integrated. One of the couple of reasons I decided to split.

Ill try that and see what happens. I have a pretty crappy data connection today though so ill have to wait a while.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Another question. I bought an otg cable to play games with a ps3 controller. It works great with my n7 but its all sorts of glitchy with my evo. Are there no drivers for it on the rom? Would it work if I bought a six axis and installed the six axis app. The only game I tried it with on my phone was shadowgun deadzone. Worked with every game I tried on my nexus.

Last edited:

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Another question. I bought an otg cable to play games with a ps3 controller. It works great with my n7 but its all sorts of glitchy with my evo. Are there no drivers for it on the rom? Would it work if I bought a six axis and installed the six axis app. The only game I tried it with on my phone was shadowgun deadzone. Worked with every game I tried on my nexus.

Try using Bluetooth to control. I did that for a while. No cable necessary.

rossum

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone here using MeanBean do Android app development on Windows XP?

If so, can you confirm that the USB debugging and file transfer via adb works fine with this version of MeanBean

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech