Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Made the jump to MeanBean last night

Couldn't be happier. First thing I did after boot was make a phone call...the proximity sensor worked just as it should. That was really my only issue since the update. I do love the little things he added in too: circle battery icon, the long press of the back button to kill an app, the long press of the back button on the home screen to put the phone to sleep, etc.. More than anything I like that even when there are issues with the ROM, Mikey seems very quick to get them fixed. He has already done more fixes on this ROM in a few weeks than HTC has done for our phones since launch.
    mstrblueskys likes this.

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Default Re: Made the jump to MeanBean last night

I agree - I did it Saturday night after the football game. I restarted 4 times Saturday night and then used it hard on Sunday with pictures, downloading apps (wifi), personalizing and general phone use, and I still had 30% battery after 16 hours.

It's also cake to install. I'm rooted but still S-On and it took care of everything with TWRP 2.3.3.0. It was much easier than my CM10. Check out all the other additions and download here. It's the best sense (or any for that matter, but I like sense) rom I've used. Worth rooting to do, for sure!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    It's also cake to install. I'm rooted but still S-On and it took care of everything with TWRP 2.3.3.0. Worth rooting to do, for sure!
    That's how I installed it too and it wasn't too difficult. By any chance are you using the whitelist function????

Awesome! Glad you like it. I've been running MeanROM/MeanBean since some time in July. He's definitely a great developer!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    mstrblueskys likes this.

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    Awesome! Glad you like it. I've been running MeanROM/MeanBean since some time in July. He's definitely a great developer!

Yeah, I was on MeanROM before the OTA to JB and I loved it then. I can tell this isn't as developed, but I still prefer it to Sense 4+ stock, and you're right, A+ dev.

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    That's how I installed it too and it wasn't too difficult. By any chance are you using the whitelist function????
    I am not using the White List function, or not yet at least. Have you used it?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I am not using the White List function, or not yet at least. Have you used it?
    I am trying to. I've followed Mikey's instructions but can't find the file that running the zip creates to edit and put apps you want in the whitelist.

Just put meanbean on today. So far Iam liking what I see. Especially the free teather

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

After my first full day on the ROM I can say that I am amazed at the battery life. I'm a pretty heavy user(gaming, web browsing, heavy app use all day) and on Mondays and Thursdays I need my phone to last a good 15 hours. Today was the first day since owning my phone(got it on launch day) that I was able to make it through the entire day without charging it. This is also with the fact that I did a restart that wiped out almost 10% of battery. Awesome

I just switched to MeanBean from the CM10 Nightlies....I couldn't take the volume issues any more. I'm liking MeanBean so far. My only question is, I see Google Now is included, but it looks like I don't have the expanded notifications....is that something that hasn't been included yet or am I just tripping?

Expanded notifications still exist they just don't come that way, you have to expand them. Just made the switch today and I think I'm in love. Feels so, well just so good.

12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    Expanded notifications still exist they just don't come that way, you have to expand them. Just made the switch today and I think I'm in love. Feels so, well just so good.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Mikey just sent an update out this morning. More speed!!!!!

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

I am trying to. I've followed Mikey's instructions but can't find the file that running the zip creates to edit and put apps you want in the whitelist.
    I'll keep you posted if I give it a go.

Also, OTA update?!?! Awesome! I love updates! It's amazing one guy can push updates so fast!

I've been using it since like v0.6 and it is a great stable ROM.

Mikey is amazing, I'd suggest donating as he cranks out updates and bug fixes at a rate that should make Sprint/HTC looks completely noobish! I am sure the guy has a full time job and still cranks them out so fast it makes me head spin!
    Sprint Samsung GS3 (cya SPRINT!) > 32GB Nexus 5
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

I'll keep you posted if I give it a go.

Also, OTA update?!?! Awesome! I love updates! It's amazing one guy can push updates so fast!
    I figured it out this morning. The file gets put into the system folder and not the sd card.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by digink#AC View Post
    I've been using it since like v0.6 and it is a great stable ROM.

Mikey is amazing, I'd suggest donating as he cranks out updates and bug fixes at a rate that should make Sprint/HTC looks completely noobish! I am sure the guy has a full time job and still cranks them out so fast it makes me head spin!
    Completely agree. I definitely plan on throwing the guy some dough soon.

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

A second OTA today? This is awesome!

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

I know right!!!!!! This one with the EQ settings would have been a huge deal for me a couple weeks ago(I was hoping HTC would put the original Beats EQ presets from the launch build back) when we got the JB update. I installed Poweramp a couple days after JB though was released and couldn't be happier.

I figured it out this morning. The file gets put into the system folder and not the sd card.
    I actually laughed at this because of Google. One of the BS lame excuses for not wanting SD cards in Nexus devices was to avoid confusion as to where files were and thus make the experience better for the user. No options, very appleish. Just seeing their excuse irl made me laugh. And thus share.

Definitely no offense intended. Laughing at Google.

ROM
    MeanROM ICS; may change

Yeah, MeanROM/MeanBean is my favorite Sense-based ROM. Can't wait till he brings back a lot of his mods from the ICS days to JB. The sweep gestures were something else.

Is the 2.0 release as much of a performance boost as he says? I have slow Internet, so it's kin of a pain to download a 620 MB file every day or two. Still, you gotta give Mikey credit for all the work he's been putting into it. Tip him! I did, and he deserves it.

Technically it's here:

/data/MeanBean.wl

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by JobiWan144 View Post
    Yeah, MeanROM/MeanBean is my favorite Sense-based ROM. Can't wait till he brings back a lot of his mods from the ICS days to JB. The sweep gestures were something else.

Is the 2.0 release as much of a performance boost as he says? I have slow Internet, so it's kin of a pain to download a 620 MB file every day or two. Still, you gotta give Mikey credit for all the work he's been putting into it. Tip him! I did, and he deserves it.

Technically it's here:

/data/MeanBean.wl

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Yeah it was throwing me off because I thought the searches I was running on ES File Explorer(I have no previous experience with this app) was searching EVERY possible file on the phone and sd card which was not the case.

And yes the 2.0 performance boost is definitely noticable!!! The ROM is actually up to 2.2 as of this morning. He added some EQ integrations yesterday and then a patch later on for some issues 2.1 was having. I'm skipping 2.1 and 2.2 as they don't really provide anything I need.

Are you guys doing anything to push out that extra battery or just running meanbean plain. I don't feel like I'm getting the powerful battery life you all are. Lost five percent in 22 minutes. I have auto sync turned off and and shut off mobile data when I'm not using internet apps. As well as location settings and GPS. Seems like its worse now than when I had stock. Love the Rom but this battery thing is really irking me.

Last edited by crowrb29; 01-09-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by crowrb29 View Post
    Are you guys doing anything to push out that extra battery or just running meanbean plain. I don't feel like I'm getting the powerful battery life you all are. Lost five percent in 22 minutes. I have auto sync turned off and and shut off mobile data when I'm not using internet apps. As well as location settings and GPS. Seems like its worse now than when I had stock. Love the Rom but this battery thing is really irking me.

How long ago did you install it? I would first try restarting it 2-3 times. For me, if I have battery issues with any new rom the restarts make it a little better. Also, what is your screen brightness? What were you doing in those 22 minutes? If you were playing GTA or something like that, 5% doesn't sound unreasonable.

You'll notice the biggest increase in battery life on idle - if you are careful about use, this rom lasts a really long time.

Also, I had 3 OTAs in 24 hours?!?! Why hasn't HTC signed Mike yet?
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

I just flashed the "Sticky Settings" ZIP and changed the phone to run higher performance vs. battery. Between that and the 2.0 performance update the phone is crazy snappy now. Should be interesting to see what the changes in battery life are.
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I wish I wasn't a dumbass!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast