Swiftkey flow?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so i got a message saying beta expired..couldnt go to the vip website. Anyone have any update?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

arn1016

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Got the expire message too just update to the newest version. I love the swift key flow :D

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Android Central Forums

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Does flow have any advantages over 3 besides the "flow" portion? Just curious because I have heard so many people raving about it. I love SwiftKey and won't use anything else but just wondering if the beta is worth it or what's new besides the swype-esq typing...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes indeed and what I really like is now with the latest update you can select split keyboard in landscape mode which makes it easier to use thumbs for typing when you aren't swiping

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Does flow have any advantages over 3 besides the "flow" portion? Just curious because I have heard so many people raving about it. I love SwiftKey and won't use anything else but just wondering if the beta is worth it or what's new besides the swype-esq typing...

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums

In a word, no, but it's much more intelligent than Swype.

But it's much more intuitive to Swype. It uses the same word prediction algorithm as SwiftKey 3 for the Flow feature, so that makes it more accurate than Swype. You rarely get those random works when either they have more than five or six letters, or when the spelling needs you to crisscross the keyboard a couple times. It is also more efficient because you can swipe across the spacebar at the end of words and then continue after the next so there is less need to lift. Lastly the tap to type functionality of SwiftKey three remains intact. You can just flow or type without having to change any settings.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
In a word, no, but it's much more intelligent than Swype.

But it's much more intuitive to Swype. It uses the same word prediction algorithm as SwiftKey 3 for the Flow feature, so that makes it more accurate than Swype. You rarely get those random works when either they have more than five or six letters, or when the spelling needs you to crisscross the keyboard a couple times. It is also more efficient because you can swipe across the spacebar at the end of words and then continue after the next so there is less need to lift. Lastly the tap to type functionality of SwiftKey three remains intact. You can just flow or type without having to change any settings.

I agree with all of that. Also with this being my first phone I started with swype day 1 after using it a little on friend's phones and hearing good things. I really tried hard to like it and stuck with it for way too long but finally ditched it for swiftkey and now would never go back. And now with the flow beta it is really what swype should have been. The auto correct was horrible with swype and I ended up sending horribly inaccurate and sometimes inappropriate messages because of it.