Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Proximity sensor fix?

Quote Originally Posted by edilee012 View Post
    I too have same issues with sensor but I am replying to those with the Zagg screen protectors. The first run of the HD and non HD had the sensor cut out in the wrong place as there are two sensors in the same area...one for light and other for proximity...they had the hole cut out for the light sensor when it should have been cut out for the proximity. I contacted Zagg about this and they said it was fixed right away and Best Buy (where I got mine) must have still had the defective ones. I tried both and neither worked and I just returned them.
    I got the same info from my local Sprint repair center. They removed the old Zagg and it worked fine. I took it to a kiosk at the mall, they gave me a new one with the larger cutout and it still works fine. The difference in the size of the cutout is quite staggering actually. I can't understand how Zagg could get it that wrong.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Hey BigDinCA
    Anyway you could take a pic of the new one.
    I have the same problem and don't want to rip the $20. protector off to find out that's not my problem.
    Thx

The only time I have a proximity sensor issue is if that portion of my screen is smudged. Once I wipe it off, it works fine. (Incidently, I'm using the xtremeguard wet application screen protector and it has no cut out for the sensor. I will never return to zagg. Xtremeguard is only a few dollars and doesn't dent.)

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by ECHO-313 View Post
    Hey BigDinCA
    Anyway you could take a pic of the new one.
    I have the same problem and don't want to rip the $20. protector off to find out that's not my problem.
    Thx
    Sorry bud, I couldn't get a decent shot of it. If you still need it, since the update is out today, the new one has a rectangular cutout that's about 5/16". The old one was a tiny cutout less than half that size. If you're near a BB or can get to a mall kiosk they can verify for you. BB won't replace it but the kiosk will swap it out for free.

I am having this issue and don't have a screen protector or case covering it at all. My last phone did the same thing only got worse and worse. Verizon replaced it and now this one is doing the same thing. There is apparently a proximity sensor calibrator app but it's only for rooted phones. I have not rooted this one yet so still screwed I guess.

Default darn

now it's now working

ROM
    stock froyo

What is meanbean cause im having the same problem on my tmobile note 2

Quote Originally Posted by gryncc View Post
    What is meanbean cause im having the same problem on my tmobile note 2
    It's a ROM (operating system). Great ROM, I ran it on my EVO for quite a while. There's also a version for the Note 2 (Verizon).

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I get that MeanBean will fix it. However, what of I do not want that ROM. I am currently using CyanogenMod 10.1. Anyone know of a way to just completely disable the sensor without breaking open the phone?

Sent from Note 2 with Tapatalk

Lightbulb Re: Proximity sensor fix?

Easy FIX!!!!!
    I took a can of compressed air and blew it through the top earpiece grill a few times and Voila, it works great now!!

I actually used a Old perfume can which perfume was over and it was only pressing Gas OFF!! :P:P

Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a fix for the JB proximity sensor issue (screen goes black during calls and when using voicemail app)?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12