Problem with Sprint Hotspot and iDevices

mikepolinske

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
II am having an odd problem problem with the hotspot feature on my EVO 4G LTE.

While I am at work, the iPod touch and iPad lose their connection after about 3 minutes even though the hotspot is still active on the phone. The devices see the hotspot but do not connect after the initial connection/disconnection.

Per Sprint I've tried doing a factory reset on my phoneand that didn't fix the issue. I've tried forgetting the network on both the iPod touch and iPad and also reset the network settings on both devices and nothing has worked.

When I am at home (where I don't need the hotspot since I have my own Wi-Fi) the hotspot works absolutely fine and doesn't drop. I have between 4-6 bars of signal strength when I am at work.

Does anybody have any suggestions on other things to try? Unfortunately I'm the only gadget geek in my office, so I can't have someone else try to connect to my hotspot and my work computer is a desktop which doesn't have any Wi-Fi in it.

UPDATE: I think I've found the cause of my problem.

I found an article indicating they've installed WIPS (wireless intrusion protection systems) at their facilities which disables personal hotspots.

I can understand the need, but if the devices use WPA security you'd think it would allow it.

Any idea on how to get around these?

Last edited:

Azizfr

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
With WPA protection you can't not access the network connection, try to contact the person in charge to give you the access..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund