Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Why htc over all others?

I have had many HTC devices... Hero ro evo to 3d to lte and I love Htc. The evo lte has most beautiful screen! And amazing camera! Amd I love sense.. howevee Htc just isnt same, times are changing and I decided to try s3.. a few things first off I noticed is very snappy, sd slot, better battery, true multitasking, and has more innovative features which is needing in such a competitive time in mobile world right now... thats really about all i like about Samsung. If Htc gets there updating problems together and multitasking ill come running back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Photon4glover View Post
    I have had many HTC devices... Hero to evo to 3d to lte and I love Htc. The evo lte has most beautiful screen! And amazing camera! Amd I love sense.. howevee Htc just isnt same, times are changing and I decided to try s3.. a few things first off I noticed is very snappy, sd slot, better battery, true multitasking, and has more innovative features which is needing in such a competitive time in mobile world right now... thats really about all i like about Samsung. If Htc gets there updating problems together and multitasking ill come running back

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

The screen, build quality, and feel was the best imo on my dna. No sd or removable battery doesnt bug me since I came from crapple phones. Oh and sense is nice too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

I have had many HTC devices... Hero ro evo to 3d to lte and I love Htc. The evo lte has most beautiful screen! And amazing camera! Amd I love sense.. howevee Htc just isnt same, times are changing and I decided to try s3.. a few things first off I noticed is very snappy, sd slot, better battery, true multitasking, and has more innovative features which is needing in such a competitive time in mobile world right now... thats really about all i like about Samsung. If Htc gets there updating problems together and multitasking ill come running back

I don't get these kinds of statements. The HTC EVO 4G LTE has an SD card slot and multitasking is exactly the same as my kids GS3s. As for updates you are always going to be at the whim of the manufacturer and your carrier. The EVO LTE got Jelly Bean just a couple months behind the GS3, which is almost nothing... I know the 3D took forever to get ICS, but look at some of the older samsung phones like the Epic 4G, that was all but abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I don't get these kinds of statements. The HTC EVO 4G LTE has an SD card slot and multitasking is exactly the same as my kids GS3s. As for updates you are always going to be at the whim of the manufacturer and your carrier. The EVO LTE got Jelly Bean just a couple months behind the GS3, which is almost nothing... I know the 3D took forever to get ICS, but look at some of the older samsung phones like the Epic 4G, that was all but abandoned.
    No multitasking is different, it's broken on sense, and yeah it got jb but buggy

No multitasking is different, it's broken on sense, and yeah it got jb but buggy

I'll second the multitasking comment, I don't know if it's less ram or bad memory management by sense, or sense just takes up too much memory (Actually it's probably all 3) but it definitely leaves something to be desired.

And yeah we don't get any bug fixes with the evo, just a major release for the sake of pr. HTC only really cares about the DNA, and the m7, assuming the DNA hasn't already been forgotten for whatever phone they'll release the week after the m7...

Define broken. What is broken?
    BigDinCA likes this.

It reloads everything instead of leaving there

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    I'll second the multitasking comment, I don't know if it's less ram or bad memory management by sense, or sense just takes up too much memory (Actually it's probably all 3) but it definitely leaves something to be desired.
    Again I ask, what is broken?

What I want is a step-by-step example of what you can do on a gs3 that you can't do on an Evo. If it's as bad as you two are saying, this should be easy to define.

Just saying "it's broken" for or "leaves something to be desired" means nothing.

Say I'm on browser looking at androidcentral then get a text and goto text when I come back to browser it refreshes page versuses pausing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Say I'm on browser looking at androidcentral then get a text and goto text when I come back to browser it refreshes page versuses pausing

That works just fine for me. Are you using stock browser? I use dolphin and I flip back and forth from it to texting, facebook, and email all the time. It never refreshes.

Chrome..

Again I ask, what is broken?

What I want is a step-by-step example of what you can do on a gs3 that you can't do on an Evo. If it's as bad as you two are saying, this should be easy to define.

Just saying "it's broken" for or "leaves something to be desired" means nothing.
    "Broken" = It don't work :-)

Like Photon4glover said apps seem to reload more often than not. I'm not sure in what other way multitasking could be broken or not broken...

And I'm pretty sure I never said I have a gs3 or want a gs3, my comment was only that multitasking could stand to be improved upon. People really hate samsung around here...

Did Sammy come into your house and kick your dog or steal your ice cream?

My EVO has been sent in for the 2 nd time now for repair/replacement and have a Samsung Galaxy as temp.
    Its fine but I do like the feel and the screen of my HTC.

I love the HTC build quality. It can't be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    "Broken" = It don't work :-)

Like Photon4glover said apps seem to reload more often than not. I'm not sure in what other way multitasking could be broken or not broken...

And I'm pretty sure I never said I have a gs3 or want a gs3, my comment was only that multitasking could stand to be improved upon. People really hate samsung around here...

Did Sammy come into your house and kick your dog or steal your ice cream?
    I don't hate Samsung at all. Two of my kids have GS3s. What I dislike, very strongly, is the fact that people who have Samsung devices continually post in this Htc forum how bad everything from HTC is, and how great samsung stuff is.

Read earlier in thread where people are complaining about Htc not providing an SD card like samsung does. You know that the evo has one, so those kind of inflammatory statements are just that, meant to cause issues.

Everything could stand to be improved, by no means is HTC or the Evo perfect, nor is any phone or manufacturer. You gotta use what works for you.
    houstonwino and So Cold like this.

I don't hate Samsung at all. Two of my kids have GS3s. What I dislike, very strongly, is the fact that people who have Samsung devices continually post in this Htc forum how bad everything from HTC is, and how great samsung stuff is.

Read earlier in thread where people are complaining about Htc not providing an SD card like samsung does. You know that the evo has one, so those kind of inflammatory statements are just that, meant to cause issues.

Everything could stand to be improved, by no means is HTC or the Evo perfect, nor is any phone or manufacturer. You gotta use what works for you.
    Didn't realize my opinion would hurt your feelings.. calm down.. just voicing our opinions. I love HTC but imo sammy upped them this year

Synycalwon likes this.

Because I like it...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I have been having major issues with my EVO LTE over the past few weeks and I am thinking about jumping ship.
    I got my original EVO on launch day and loved it so when the LTE was released I got that on launch day as well.
    Brought my Phone back to Sprint twice and they have done hard resets and the issues are still there.
    My issues are the Camera will freeze and go into a reboot loop and I have to do a soft reboot to correct.
    When I restart the phone it gets stuck in a reboot and have to do a soft reset again.
    After the second visit to Sprint they offered me to swap for an S3 and I am strongly leaning towards the S3.
    The removable battery is the biggest point to swap. I have had my phone die on me a few times. If I was at an all day event where I would be using the Hell out of my EVO 4G I would have a backup battery in my pocket ready to go. Now I am just stuck with a dead phone. I would hate to leave HTC but I might have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Zombie View Post
    I have been having major issues with my EVO LTE over the past few weeks and I am thinking about jumping ship.
    I got my original EVO on launch day and loved it so when the LTE was released I got that on launch day as well.
    Brought my Phone back to Sprint twice and they have done hard resets and the issues are still there.
    My issues are the Camera will freeze and go into a reboot loop and I have to do a soft reboot to correct.
    When I restart the phone it gets stuck in a reboot and have to do a soft reset again.
    After the second visit to Sprint they offered me to swap for an S3 and I am strongly leaning towards the S3.
    The removable battery is the biggest point to swap. I have had my phone die on me a few times. If I was at an all day event where I would be using the Hell out of my EVO 4G I would have a backup battery in my pocket ready to go. Now I am just stuck with a dead phone. I would hate to leave HTC but I might have to.
    I wouldn't even think about it! Although I'm now on iPhone 5 lol

Sammy avatar pic and admitting to having an iphone...just trying to make friends here aren't you? Haha, I left the iphone behind with no plans to ever go back
    houstonwino likes this.

Wouldn't think about jumping Ship or leaving HTC? Hahahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Wouldn't think about jumping Ship or leaving HTC? Hahahaha