Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why htc over all others?

Okay like the title says what made you choose or leave HTC?

I currently have the evo LTE and my daughter has the s3. There is a lot that I like about her phone but to me its just lacking something

Main two things for me are build quality and the screen. I don't think the build quality is as poor as everyone says until u compare it to the EVO. But the screen... When I hold the 2 phones side by side I just love my EVO. The screen is the biggest single reason I never consider the s3.

So whats yours? Why do you stick with HTC?

Default Re: Why htc over all others?

Sense

Sent from my busa!
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Sense and build quality! And the amazing screen!

Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    FaisDogg likes this.

I left because of Sense.
    Other than that everything was great.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I have and evo 3d that I bought in 2011 ad a one x from June of last year. They are both very good devices. The only thing stopping me from upgrading to a one x+ is the ugly back cover.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Built quality!

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Android Central Forums

I preferred the Evo LTE design over the S3 and liked the materials they used better. Also if I have to use a manufacturers UI I much prefer Sense over Touchwiz. Oh yeah...SENSE WIDGETS too!!!! I do however wish we had the 2gb of ram. For as cheap as it would have been to add it I don't see why they didn't.
    Topgonzo likes this.

Sense to some extent, it is my favorite UI. Mostly though it's the build quality and display technology that got me. I think HTC designs the best hardware on the market and super LCD is enormously better than AMOLED technology. On a side note I really dislike touchwiz. It has a lot of options to play with but the design language is terrible. Conflicting or outdated aesthetics everywhere you look.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Okay like the title says what made you choose or leave HTC?

I currently have the evo LTE and my daughter has the s3. There is a lot that I like about her phone but to me its just lacking something

Main two things for me are build quality and the screen. I don't think the build quality is as poor as everyone says until u compare it to the EVO. But the screen... When I hold the 2 phones side by side I just love my EVO. The screen is the biggest single reason I never consider the s3.

So whats yours? Why do you stick with HTC?
    I left HTC (had a Thunderbolt) because of their move to non-user replaceable batteries. I want the choice of being able to have a fully charged spare and swap and go at any time; something I'm able to do with the Note 2. As to build quality, I initially had concerns with Samsung, but that was completely unfounded as the Note 2 is a very well made device and while light in hand feels very solid, not cheap what-so-ever.
    zmann likes this.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Initially I was very worried about the non removable battery (coming from og evo) but I've been plesantly surprised at the battery life on the evo lte. Also being able to force reboot is awesome. I can absolutely see though that some peoples usage is higher and that could be an issue.

My daughter still has to do a random battery pull at times on her s3 when it freezes but I don't think the build quality is terrible.

A must have for me is sd slot. If htc does away with it in more devices, I may have to start shopping around.
    axllebeer likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,727 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

My daughter's s3 has yet to freeze. Lucky I guess.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

I left HTC because they got lazy about supporting and updating their phones. Plus I was cranky with all the issues I had with my evo towards the end of its life. Upgraded to the gs3 and LOVED the change. Had zero issues with the phone and my roommate had tons of problems with his evo lte. He actually just bought a note 2 last week to be finally rid of his crap phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

I've never had any issues with my evo other than proximity sensor which was fixed with an update.

Left my evo lte a week ago for the note 2. I love the build of my evo over the s3 but the note 2 is a solid build . I also could not believe how great the screen is, ,colors are amazing.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    love my evo.

Build quality, screen and sense widgets all better than Samsung

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

HTC got complacent they aren't what they used to be. Their phones are good but not awesome by any means. My big issue though is with its pain in the **** to dev for sources take quite a while and even then some parts are closed causing roadblocks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I had a epic 4g touch and saw the EVO 4g LTE and had to have it. I wanted a change frm Samsung. I'm glad I switched.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

1- screen quality
    2- build quality
    3- no hardwear home button, (one less thing to break IMO)
    4- car mode, (I don't know if the S3 has something similar or not, but I like the implimentation on the Evo)
    5- kickstand!
    6- I like the camera features, layout, and burst mode on the Evo better.
    7- this one is more of a personal opinion even than the rest but, placement. Coming from a BlackBerry, volume rocker on the same side, USB, lock button and camera shutter are all in the similar places that they were on my BlackBerry Bold 9930. So it was familiar to me.

Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    3- no hardwear home button, (one less thing to break IMO)
    This doesn't get a lot of attention but it was a big thing for me having worn out the home button on my last iphone I really liked the lack of a physical button
    axllebeer likes this.

I left HTC when my Thunderbolt contract was up and went with the Note 2. The non removable battery and no expandable storage on the DNA was a deal breaker for me.

I LOVE the Note 2. Better than any of my previous HTC devices. I'm pretty brand loyal, and never considered anything other than HTC prior to this switch. I'm glad I made an exception. This phone is exceptional!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    I left HTC when my Thunderbolt contract was up and went with the Note 2. The non removable battery and no expandable storage on the DNA was a deal breaker for me.

I LOVE the Note 2. Better than any of my previous HTC devices. I'm pretty brand loyal, and never considered anything other than HTC prior to this switch. I'm glad I made an exception. This phone is exceptional!

And you're in the evo forum why?

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    And you're in the evo forum why?
    Because the thread was in my list of new topics and the question was about HTC. Is there some rule that prohibits me from participating? Why does it bother you?

Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

I left the evo 4g for the skyrocket because the vivid wasn't appealing and HTC has a ways to go on their developer relations. I love HTC but their offerings lately have been underwhelming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by rabernet View Post
    Because the thread was in my list of new topics and the question was about HTC. Is there some rule that prohibits me from participating? Why does it bother you?

You can be in any thread you want and I'm not going to lose sleep. But the note is kind of a sore spot right now in the evo forum world. I'm just recommending you tread lightly, people love the word "trolling" around here.

Personally I'm considering the note II myself so I'm glad to see another former HTC owner enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    You can be in any thread you want and I'm not going to lose sleep. But the note is kind of a sore spot right now in the evo forum world. I'm just recommending you tread lightly, people love the word "trolling" around here.

Personally I'm considering the note II myself so I'm glad to see another former HTC owner enjoying it.
    Was not aware of that. I suspect if I dig around a bit, I could learn more about the history.

I have no stake in what other people prefer to use. No phone is going to be the best fit for everyone. The question was asked, and as a previous HTC owner, and I responded. Never have understood why people have the need to "compete" over phones.

For "me", the Note 2 is the best phone out there. For someone else, it may not be. My user experience will not be changed, just because my phone isn't someone else's choice.

Hope I'm making sense. In other words, I didn't post initially to "flaunt" about my current choice of phone, but to respond to the OP's question about HTC.

It's a great brand and served me well. In a future upgrade, they may have an offering that woo's me back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast