Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 69 of 69
Like Tree65Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    I want the forum to be an honest representation of what's going on and not just a few people's love affair with HTC and sammy bashing. If evo owners are continuously giving up on the evo and then finding something they think is way better then that is good information to have. Not all feedback has to be positive.
    Incorrect sir, this is an HTC EVO 4G LTE forum. We should be discussing HTC EVO 4G LTE phones - the good and the bad. Not why you switched to another phone or how great you think that new phone is, or how trashy this phone is.

    Please go post in your new forum unless you have something to say constructive to this community.
    Thanked by 4:
    Zookeeper63 and Topgonzo like this.
  2. #52  
    NYCB's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    thanks so cold, I`m finally appreciated somewhere
  3. #53  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by NYCB View Post
    thanks so cold, I`m finally appreciated somewhere
    I've had a long day and I was hungry so I get a little testy sometimes...glad you have a sense of humor. But as someone who is on their 4th and final evo and has dealt with many bugs I can say that it's not all operator error in every case. This evo is actually running pretty well at the moment knock on wood

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Incorrect sir, this is an HTC EVO 4G LTE forum. We should be discussing HTC EVO 4G LTE phones - the good and the bad. Not why you switched to another phone or how great you think that new phone is, or how trashy this phone is.

    Please go post in your new forum unless you have something to say constructive to this community.
    So if I'm a potential evo buyer and I go to the forum I shouldn't see that many people are switching and getting note's and after having the evo for months are thinking the note is a better phone? That is information I want to have. It's the same as people saying I used to have *insert old phone here* and I love the evo because it can do *insert cool thing here*. There's no reason to get into a debate on the merits of a 5.5" screen in the evo forum, I whole heartily agree with you there, but posting that you are moving on and are happy you did so is valuable information and "constructive to this community"
  4. #54  
    calvinserrano's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM 6.4

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Okay, since probably no one will see this. Here is my little rant about trolls here in Android Central.

    The HTC One Family (Which includes the LTEvo) is wayyyyyy different than the Samsung Galaxy series. Their differences is what truly makes the Android experience unique. One user might like Sense, the other, might like Touchwiz. These platforms are different in every aspect. From Homescreen to the Settings. The only thing that makes them Android is the way software is coded onto the NAND making them run Android Apps and true Android platform software (4.1 Jellybean).

    To me Touchwiz is very ugly and non user friendly interface since I do have both phones. I hate the Note 2 with regular Google software inside (rooted CM10) because it is certainly too big for it. Sense is a great user-friendly interface that works great with Android 4.1. Even though I may encounter some minor "problems" (Proximity Sensor), the phone still works.

    A phone is a phone. Personal preferences dictate what type of phone you like. If anything, I would trade in my Evo for a S3 and put CM10 on it because the S3 with google software looks absolutely beautiful compared to the Evo. But, I still love my Evo because of its unique design and HTC's build quality.
    So Cold likes this.
  5. #55  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by calvinserrano View Post
    Okay, since probably no one will see this. Here is my little rant about trolls here in Android Central.

    The HTC One Family (Which includes the LTEvo) is wayyyyyy different than the Samsung Galaxy series. Their differences is what truly makes the Android experience unique. One user might like Sense, the other, might like Touchwiz. These platforms are different in every aspect. From Homescreen to the Settings. The only thing that makes them Android is the way software is coded onto the NAND making them run Android Apps and true Android platform software (4.1 Jellybean).

    To me Touchwiz is very ugly and non user friendly interface since I do have both phones. I hate the Note 2 with regular Google software inside (rooted CM10) because it is certainly too big for it. Sense is a great user-friendly interface that works great with Android 4.1. Even though I may encounter some minor "problems" (Proximity Sensor), the phone still works.

    A phone is a phone. Personal preferences dictate what type of phone you like. If anything, I would trade in my Evo for a S3 and put CM10 on it because the S3 with google software looks absolutely beautiful compared to the Evo. But, I still love my Evo because of its unique design and HTC's build quality.
    Lol, exactly. If I wanted a Samsung Note, I would have gotten one last May. I can do my own damn research trolls. The phone is too beefy for me. That's the beauty of Android, choice!

    Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    Zookeeper63 and Topgonzo like this.
  6. #56  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    So if I'm a potential evo buyer and I go to the forum I shouldn't see that many people are switching and getting note's and after having the evo for months are thinking the note is a better phone? That is information I want to have. It's the same as people saying I used to have *insert old phone here* and I love the evo because it can do *insert cool thing here*. There's no reason to get into a debate on the merits of a 5.5" screen in the evo forum, I whole heartily agree with you there, but posting that you are moving on and are happy you did so is valuable information and "constructive to this community"
    But the other hand is you come here and see two very vocal people switching. That is not "many" people. If calling any phone trash is "constructive" then I guess my dictionary has the wrong definition for that word.
    Thanked by:
    Zookeeper63 and Topgonzo like this.
  7. #57  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    So if I'm a potential evo buyer and I go to the forum I shouldn't see that many people are switching and getting note's and after having the evo for months are thinking the note is a better phone? That is information I want to have. It's the same as people saying I used to have *insert old phone here* and I love the evo because it can do *insert cool thing here*. There's no reason to get into a debate on the merits of a 5.5" screen in the evo forum, I whole heartily agree with you there, but posting that you are moving on and are happy you did so is valuable information and "constructive to this community"
    Constructive. You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.

    Talking about how people should move on to a different phone isn't constructive to this particular forum because the vast majority those who purchased the phone at launch are only nine months into a 22 month contract so switching isn't a viable option. Whether or not *insert phone here* is a better phone is irrelevant.

    Being constructive would be helping others diagnose and work around particular issues until their is potentially an official fix.

    Suggesting people get a different phone is in fact destructive to the community by definition.
    Thanked by 4:
    Zookeeper63 and Topgonzo like this.
  8. #58  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    1,889 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    I want the forum to be an honest representation of what's going on and not just a few people's love affair with HTC and sammy bashing. If evo owners are continuously giving up on the evo and then finding something they think is way better then that is good information to have. Not all feedback has to be positive.
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    But we also don't need so-called "enlightened" people coming into the Evo LTE forum and calling the device "trash" over and over, do we?

    It looks to me like a few people are SO insecure about their decision, they just have to come here and be hyper-vocal and trashy just to help make themselves feel better and more important.
    Last edited by crxssi; 01-18-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
    Zookeeper63 likes this.
  9. #59  
    Caleb Morris's Avatar

    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    I don't mean this in a "fuel the fire" kind of way, but this is a dev's perspective of the Evo LTE. It's well worth the read if you haven't already read it.


    I still have the LTE and am running CM10, with a dash of CM 10.1 from Deck's builds. I'm still an Evo fan. Just some food for thought.
  10. #60  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmorris8848 View Post
    I don't mean this in a "fuel the fire" kind of way, but this is a dev's perspective of the Evo LTE. It's well worth the read if you haven't already read it.


    I still have the LTE and am running CM10, with a dash of CM 10.1 from Deck's builds. I'm still an Evo fan. Just some food for thought.
    To me that isn't any fuel to the fire in any way! It was a very good read and think that poster took the time to point out issues. He is not just calling this device trash and another device the best in the world. In fact reading though that the only real issues I see he raises are 1) 1GB vs 2GB 2) non-removable battery and 3) his opinion on HTC's view towards device development. Items 1 and 2 were known well before anyone ever ordered the device.

    In fact he goes so far as to point out his is really a "power users" view. The vast majority of users do not fall into that category. Certainly some will and those are most likely the most vocal around AC, but not representative of the typical user.
    quicksilver53 likes this.
  11. #61  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Just want to add that I love my evolte so much I can't even imagine any one not being in love with it. And while I may be wrong - I can't help but feel that anyone having a bad experience with this device did something or installed something that caused it.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  12. #62  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by midmadn View Post
    Just want to add that I love my evolte so much I can't even imagine any one not being in love with it. And while I may be wrong - I can't help but feel that anyone having a bad experience with this device did something or installed something that caused it.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    It's possible. Easier to just blame the oem.

    Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    Zookeeper63 likes this.
  13. #63  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Constructive. You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.

    Talking about how people should move on to a different phone isn't constructive to this particular forum because the vast majority those who purchased the phone at launch are only nine months into a 22 month contract so switching isn't a viable option. Whether or not *insert phone here* is a better phone is irrelevant.

    Being constructive would be helping others diagnose and work around particular issues until their is potentially an official fix.

    Suggesting people get a different phone is in fact destructive to the community by definition.
    I was quoting someone's previous usage of the word "constructive" and I'm confident I have a firm grasp on the meaning of the word

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    But we also don't need so-called "enlightened" people coming into the Evo LTE forum and calling the device "trash" over and over, do we?

    It looks to me like a few people are SO insecure about their decision, they just have to come here and be hyper-vocal and trashy just to help make themselves feel better and more important.
    I didn't mean to start a huge debate/argument. I agree with almost everything you are all saying. I don't want to come to the evo forum and read about the note's screen, and if the note is too big, and if the note's screen is on par with the evo....blah blah blah.

    But I think someone typing a single post saying something to the extent of "I had the evo since launch, I had a lot of problems with the phone, I got a note as a replacement and I think it's better" is useful to evo people. If I'm reading someone's post and they have the same issues with the evo that i may have and they found a phone that now meets their needs then I want to know that. I'll then go read the note forums for more information. It's when you keep going on and on about the note that it turns into trolling, that's my 2 cents
  14. #64  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    But I think someone typing a single post saying something to the extent of "I had the evo since launch, I had a lot of problems with the phone, I got a note as a replacement and I think it's better" is useful to evo people.
    Agree! If that's what this thread said it would be fine by me. It's the calling it "a piece of crap" and "trash" that puts it over the top and what got everyone's ire up.
  15. #65  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by gameaddict8 View Post
    I carry a portable battery charger in my bag
    Same here. However now that I've been running Jellybean for a while now and turned off most of what I will never use in google now, my battery life is far better than before the update. Right after the update, unbelievably bad. Now, quite good.

    And now that I have that iBolt charging mount in the car, I get a little boost in juice going places and battery life is not even close to being a problem.

    Now, as for all the Sammy HTC bashing going back and fourth, when I went into Sprint to get a phone I was only looking at 2. The S3 and the LTE Evo. Sammy has done some really cool stuff with the software, but the build of the Evo tops it for me. I have several tablets and don't need the size of the Note 2. Each has their issues, all one has to do is look through the forums. I'm dealing with them and I'm happy with my choice.
    BigDinCA likes this.
  16. #66  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    I still think it's hilarious how people migrating to the Note II or GSIII trash the EVO as "inferior". The EVO and GSIII are largely the same phone, with a few differences:

    -EVO has a noticeably better screen.
    -EVO has kickstand, better build quality, and hardware cam button.
    -GSIII has 2GB RAM.

    I've been parroting this on these forums forever. Performance one way or the other, as well as battery life, are even. The real difference comes down to user experience - Sense vs Touchwiz. My take on it - Touchwiz is chaotic in its design language, appears disorganized, and is filled to the brim with useless "features" simply to check boxes to tout against the competition. Sense isn't perfect, but I like it better day to day. But hell, even Sense/Touchwiz can be removed. And bugs exist for any smartphone - that's a simple fact of life if you own one.

    Now, the Note II is another story. It's a different class of device entirely. One not meant for everybody; something that should be tried before it can be used. Still, for a device that came out so much later than the One X, it's surprisingly comparable. The SLCD2 is still a better screen, and performance is not far off. The large battery does help though. Above all, I'd say the Note is not meant to be compared to "normal" smartphones, but rather be considered as a different kind of device all together.

    Taking all of the above into account makes it pretty entertaining when someone comes on here trashing the EVO as a garbage compared to a Samsung product. Half the time, they're completely off base (at least my GSIII has a micro SD! take that EVO!). Regardless, it almost always lulz-worthy. Good for you that you made the switch. Even better that you decided to come on here and pontificate. Just pick whatever makes you happy (no matter how silly the reason) and be done with it.
    Mikey47, Topgonzo and axllebeer like this.
  17. #67  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Divine View Post
    Now, the Note II is another story. It's a different class of device entirely.
    ^^^^THIS^^^^ times a thousand.

    To me to compare screen sizes and battery life between a phone and a phablet is as moot a point as it is to compare being able to carry the Note 2 in your pocket vs., say a Nexus 10.
    Last edited by Andras; 01-22-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    So Cold likes this.
  18. #68  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by corvette72778 View Post
    It is insane how buggy a stock evo jb 4.1 is.
    You shouldn't have to root for phone for it to be a quality phone.
    A 2,000 mah battery is NOT sufficient for lots of usage, jelly bean and hundred of apps to last a full day without a charge. You need atleast 3,000 mah.
    Anybody that HAS a Note wil say it fits in their pocket fine. They are both about the same thickness too.
    You don't realize the EVO is trash until you get a note. I'm serious too. There is no comparison!!
    I am not getting the issue with JB and the EVO LTE. When i updated to JB, i made sure to do a factory reset before i installed my apps. I swear my phone has worked like a machine ever since. I just love how smooth it works. Some of you might want to check that you don't have a buggy application that's causing your issues..but i love my EVO. The JB update has not been buggy at all for me.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #69  

    Default Re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by CHILLYWILL_95831 View Post
    I am not getting the issue with JB and the EVO LTE. When i updated to JB, i made sure to do a factory reset before i installed my apps. I swear my phone has worked like a machine ever since. I just love how smooth it works. Some of you might want to check that you don't have a buggy application that's causing your issues..but i love my EVO. The JB update has not been buggy at all for me.
    consider yourself lucky. Something doesn't sound right though.

    This has 600 posts on all the bugs!!!:
    Bugs in Jelly Bean
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Finally said goodbye to BlackBerry!
    By soljah12 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 06:31 PM
  2. Goodbye HTC
    By Magicmixr in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 03:47 PM
  3. Laptop Mag 2011 Smartphone Finals Pre3 vs HTC Thunderbolt
    By Melaza in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
  4. FINALLY A HTC MADE COMMERCIAL FOR EVO
    By jonathanlc2005 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 01:22 AM
  5. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

B