Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It is insane how buggy a stock evo jb 4.1 is.
You shouldn't have to root for phone for it to be a quality phone.
A 2,000 mah battery is NOT sufficient for lots of usage, jelly bean and hundred of apps to last a full day without a charge. You need atleast 3,000 mah.
Anybody that HAS a Note wil say it fits in their pocket fine. They are both about the same thickness too.
You don't realize the EVO is trash until you get a note. I'm serious too. There is no comparison!!

I'd argue that 2000 mAh isn't sufficient for any phone with "lots of usage".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

krazydan

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I love my 4g lte. The only complaint I have now is the screen blacking out during calls and voicemail. Other then that, I love it. After turning off location history, my battery has been fine. I use my phone all day for work on one charge. When I get home from work, I still have between 40-50% remaining. I wouldn't trade my phone for anything right now.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Funny I have yet to find ANY android phone that truly has "good" battery life compared to what I got with my BB. But surprise surprise I can do a load more with android so no battery life is worse.

I had the evo design 4g and meh it was an ok phone it didn't have great battery life and it was practically forgotten by the mod community. Oh noes. This guy will be ing about his note 2 in a few weeks. Only phone I've ever had that was never a problem was when I had a flip phone at 16 lol.

My mom had an evo and until the thing just literally stopped working she loved it. But nah 5.5 is the new norm. Uh not for normal men who don't carry man purses to put a "phablet(faglet) in I prefer not to have any bulges in my pants that I wasn't born with.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If you really believe that, then just leave. No need to stay and spew your trolling rants.

Two appropriate options when you see something you consider trolling.

1. Ignore the post.

2. Report the post.

Calling another a member a troll is, itself, trolling. Thread title has been edited.

This advice is for everyone here: Let's keep the discussion civil.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

fred72matt

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I will be joining you soon, I have owned all 3 EVOs and this one is the worst bugwise. It is an awesome phone but too much issues. I was trying to give someone a number from my contacts whole on the phone after about 60 seconds of trying to do anything before the screen turns black I had to tell them hang up. THE SCREEN WOULDNT STAY ON LONG ENOUGH TO HANG IT UP. I usually use Bluetooth so I don't normally have to deal with this. But that is one example of the many bugs. I still have a lag when entering a name for an SMS or gmail, it is not as bad as before but still very noticeable. And NO I will not do a hard reset did that before 3 days later it was back. I have about 100 contacts if that and I never had that problem with the 3D and OG EVO. Some people say don't complain but I don't think asking for a product to work as advertised is asking too much. So I will be jumping ship, I know the grass always seems greener on the other side but I'm tired of the bugs. My only dilemma is that I will be using my sisters upgrade and I feel guilty about giving her this buggy phone... So I will soon have a Note2 or GIII. BYE HTC. :)

Sent from my AT300 using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I stream sirus radio 10 hours straight every weekday and 14 hours later i still always have about 20 percent left . When i don't stream on weekends i can't go under 50 percent in a day so far. Never imagine when I got this that it would have this kind of battery life.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so trolls and people who are not true fans or users of the HTC product are gloating about leaving...?
First off I don't care who you like for a phone provider. I've used enough brands over the years that I know what works for me.. I'm loyal and am not a fair weather fan.. I respect and appreciate HTC products and would never again use a piece of garbage Samsung product again. The same people that post all the hype on here that are using other phones or leaving I say good luck.
These are the same people that when the m7 launches are going to jump on that band wagon.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok so trolls and people who are not true fans or users of the HTC product are gloating about leaving...?
First off I don't care who you like for a phone provider. I've used enough brands over the years that I know what works for me.. I'm loyal and am not a fair weather fan.. I respect and appreciate HTC products and would never again use a piece of garbage Samsung product again. The same people that post all the hype on here that are using other phones or leaving I say good luck.
These are the same people that when the m7 launches are going to jump on that band wagon.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Yeah, I just don't get the gloating either. It's all temporary. If you're going to leave, why can't they just leave? What is better for you is not going to be better for everyone.

And apparently calling a troll a troll is trolling, so I won't be doing that anymore.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, after the latest htc flop of updates people need to know their exit options. ha ha ha ha
That reminds me, has anybody found a solution to all the bugs yet without rooting? ha ha ha ha

I do want to give credit where credit is due. the evo frame. One night, I closed my car door and when I closed my door it didn't close. I thought my seatbelt got caught and made sure my seatbelt was out of the way. Then I slammed it really hard......ha ha ha it didn't close because my evo had fallen out of my pocket into the door sill. There was no damage! So its not all bad for the evo.

Trust me, I will not get an M7. I can't trust HTC to have good updates to the phones either. Plus, I won't consider it unless its around 5.5" with a 3k mah battery. Why? because I like to watch videos, read on a bigger display and I don't like plugging a phone in all the time. Its inconvienant to do that. Now, I only plug my phone in when its convienant for me when I go to sleep.

Oh, and yes the phablet will become the new norm. I'm sure the Note has the highest growth rate of any phone. Just look at the CES phone sizes. The note is being copied.
This is an article that sums it up well:
Phablets Are The New Normal | TechCrunch

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I just don't get the gloating either. It's all temporary. If you're going to leave, why can't they just leave? What is better for you is not going to be better for everyone.

And apparently calling a troll a troll is trolling, so I won't be doing that anymore.

Trolling is making statements to stir the pot or start arguments.

Calling the phone trash in its own forum is walking a thin line, but they did own the phone so opinions are opinions. There are still better ways to bout it, so MODs shouldn't allow it. Attacking someone's character by name calling is trolling no matter how right you think you are because it's baiting them to respond in like, which has potential to start a flame war in the thread.

Also, you just did what you said you wouldn't do. Clever tactic.

Whatever happened to taking the high road?

I gave up HTC in 1Q11. Sorry I don't have as much faith as many others, but my intuition was spot on. They are not a dependable OEM IMO, and it would be nice to see Sony and/or Motorola overtake them.

Sent using Tapatalk 2.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Trolling is making statements to stir the pot or start arguments.

Calling the phone trash in its own forum is walking a thin line, but they did own the phone so opinions are opinions. There are still better ways to bout it, so MODs shouldn't allow it. Attacking someone's character by name calling is trolling no matter how right you think you are because it's baiting them to respond in like, which has potential to start a flame war in the thread.

Also, you just did what you said you wouldn't do. Clever tactic.

Whatever happened to taking the high road?

I gave up HTC in 1Q11. Sorry I don't have as much faith as many others, but my intuition was spot on. They are not a dependable OEM IMO, and it would be nice to see Sony and/or Motorola overtake them.

Sent using Tapatalk 2.

I know i said i would never trash the evo and i have not .i did not want to trade it in, ,i wanted to pass it on to my wife but seeing as though she is technology challenged and knows her nexus well, she passed. With a heavy heart i traded it in. Evo lte was/is a great device and if someone asked me if they should get one i would not hesitate to say yes.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I swear there are so many damn note 2 owners on the interwebs these days yet I have never seen one in person. Then again, I only seen my phone (Nexus 4) in one other persons hand and that was my friend who I old to buy it. Anyway, The Original note looked very funny when put up to someone's ear. No doubt the Note 2 looks just as stupid. Good thing that doesnt matter to me much as I never call people. Also, that huge battery does indeed make me jealous. My Nexus 4 seems to have worse battery then my Evo LTE did but I chalk that up to actually being able to use my Nexus outside my house. The EVO was so damn slow. I'm sure if I had LTE i'd like the Evo Just as much as my Nexus.

But yeah anyone with an Evo in new york (anyone with Sprint in New York lol) I feel for you. It sucks to be on the 3rd biggest carrier and have service slower then Metro PCS and in some cases T-Mobile 2g. Unless you guys finally got LTE there.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Trash is when your phone can't make a phone call and says loading from a 9/15 downgrade then replaced by a 12/15 downgrade that won't let you hang up because the software relating to the proximity sensor is screwed, voicemail that turns the screen black, battery life cut by more than half, google navigation crashing every time its opened, screen shots sent in text are not readable, etc, etc. Ever since jb came out this lte forumn is all about the bugs it has.

Lets not kid ourselves, lets be real......this phone used to be good when it came out but it is unbearable now with the bugs. aka TRASH. It has turned into a major disapointment. However, there was some good that came out of this buggy phone disappointment......happiness with the Note 2.

Don't be mad at me, contact HTC about the phone problems. You might get another upgrade (I call them downgrades) during the spring time. ha ha ha I laugh at the time it will take to get another upgrade but the real funny part is what bugs will be on the next version. ha ha ha

Like I said before, people need to know what their exit options are on Sprint. I'm just letting people know my experience with jumping ship......smooth sailing! :)

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Trash is when your phone can't make a phone call and says loading from a 9/15 downgrade then replaced by a 12/15 downgrade that won't let you hang up because the software relating to the proximity sensor is screwed, voicemail that turns the screen black, battery life cut by more than half, google navigation crashing every time its opened, screen shots sent in text are not readable, etc, etc. Ever since jb came out this lte forumn is all about the bugs it has.

Lets not kid ourselves, lets be real......this phone used to be good when it came out but it is unbearable now with the bugs. aka TRASH. It has turned into a major disapointment. However, there was some good that came out of this buggy phone disappointment......happiness with the Note 2.

Don't be mad at me, contact HTC about the phone problems. You might get another upgrade (I call them downgrades) during the spring time. ha ha ha I laugh at the time it will take to get another upgrade but the real funny part is what bugs will be on the next version. ha ha ha

Like I said before, people need to know what their exit options are on Sprint. I'm just letting people know my experience with jumping ship......smooth sailing! :)

I was watching tv and i accidentally thanked this comment. Any way to un thank it?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I was watching tv and i accidentally thanked this comment. Any way to un thank it?

Yes. If not supported in Tapatalk, just use the website- there is a remove thanks button. And it would certainly be appropriate to remove thanks from a post from someone that keeps calling the Evo LTE "trash"... I think at least three times now... rather than go away to a Note 2 forum.

And just for his (corvette72778's) information- my Evo LTE isn't "trash", it has no problems with the proximity sensor, and has no problems with battery life, and I have never had nav/maps crash.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Lets not kid ourselves, lets be real......this phone used to be good when it came out but it is unbearable now with the bugs. aka TRASH. It has turned into a major disapointment. However, there was some good that came out of this buggy phone disappointment......happiness with the Note 2...

... Like I said before, people need to know what their exit options are on Sprint.

So the fact that you have those problems means that everyone should get rid of it and jump to the Note 2? No thanks. Also, I'm pretty sure the people on these forums know what other devices Sprint offers. But I can counter everything you have a problem with. The August update was excellent for me. Multitasking was better, though not as good as it is now; I never had the contacts issue so there's that; the camera worked a little better, as far as picture quality, and they changed the menu button behavior that we all were asking for. So along comes the JB update and it's been great for me. And I'm on my launch-day device. I had the proximity sensor issue, but mine was corrected by removing the screen protector (though I know that's not the real issue: it's more about the sensitivity of the sensor being too high). By the way, the proximity sensor issue and the voicemail issue are one in the same. I have gotten great battery life, and I use the phone constantly. I run my business from it. And I've been playing the hell out of Asphalt 6 and 7 the last few weeks but still get through the day on a charge. The one odd thing that happened was that every Google app (Gmail, Play Music, G+, Maps, etc.) have all crashed. But only once, the very first time I opened them after the update. But that doesn't mean I would tell everyone to get this phone. It has it's issues, just like the Note 2 and the GS3. And every other device out there.

I realize that HTC had an off-year (especially with the updates) but I'll give them a mulligan. I've had their devices for several years now, Android and WinMo, and have been very happy with them. If this becomes a pattern then I'll have to rethink that position. But I sure ain't jumping to Samsung because they finally didn't have an off-year. I'll need to see a couple more years of that before I take that leap of faith. My wife's GS3 has been decent, though it has it's bugs as well. But the GS2 was, and continues to be, the bane of my existence. And the Epic 4G wasn't much better. I've had both of those (and several replacements of each) in my house and can't stand them.