Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't be mad at me, contact HTC about the phone problems. You might get another upgrade (I call them downgrades) during the spring time. ha ha ha I laugh at the time it will take to get another upgrade but the real funny part is what bugs will be on the next version. ha ha ha

Like I said before, people need to know what their exit options are on Sprint. I'm just letting people know my experience with jumping ship......smooth sailing! :)

I don't think anyone is "mad" at you, they just don't understand why someone would spend so much time on something he or she hates.

"People need to know what their exit options are on Sprint..." Please, that's just insulting. Do you really think people on this board aren't aware there are other phones available? Get over yourself. It's just a phone.

NYCB

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
my evo`s been great since the update and I`m not experiencing any of these problems. ha ha ha guess u don`t know how to use it ha ha ha

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
These are the same people that when the m7 launches are going to jump on that band wagon.

Knowing HTC the m7 will come out followed by the m7+ a few weeks later and then the m8 a few weeks after that. I'm not getting overly excited for anything htc anymore

Give me $600 and I'll buy a note 2.

I don't think everyone who is switching is paying full price. It's either upgrades or taking the phone back and convincing them it's junk and talking them into giving you something else. I agree paying $600+ out of pocket for a phone after not even a year on the evo is crazy. For me I'm on my 3rd evo already and if anything does go wrong with this one they'll replace it with a note 2. And with all the issues I've had with evos I'll gladly take my chances an s pen and awesome battery life

Correction: I'm on my 4th and final evo, I lost count

Last edited:

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I personally am waiting for the Xperia Z. Gotta have that 13MP camera. I just hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I personally am waiting for the Xperia Z. Gotta have that 13MP camera. I just hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Lol. When will they announce a cdma version? Better off with moto or Samsung. They will support sprint

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i just don't know what i'll do now, knowing that there are some folks that are upset with this hardware.

i am pretty sure that the note has it's share of users that aren't 100% satisfied with it either. i know mine works fine, most other people's evo work fine and there are those few that repeatedly have "issues". in my opinion, it's generally "operator error" (whether it's lack of user maintenance, installing "bad apps", etc).

good luck, good riddance.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I was 30-40% happy with my evo lte. I am 110% happy with my note II!! Just ordered a 6200 mah battery for my Note II on amazon and I can't wait to see how many days the battery lasts. I'm 1.5 days on a stock battery!!

I lowered the price of my evo lte with extras to 200 (same as my evo 3d last summer) on cl and I think someone will hook at that price. So if you can get a note 2 (off contract) for 450 and sell your evo lte for 200, your getting the top of the line phone for only 250 net. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
my evo`s been great since the update and I`m not experiencing any of these problems. ha ha ha guess u don`t know how to use it ha ha ha

Looks like we found the resident genius here to enlighten everyone!

I swear there are so many damn note 2 owners on the interwebs these days yet I have never seen one in person.

The only other evo I've seen out in the wild was the person in front of me at the store returning because it didn't work (I was also getting mine sent away as well) so it's not like there's a million evo's out there for every note

i just don't know what i'll do now, knowing that there are some folks that are upset with this hardware.

i am pretty sure that the note has it's share of users that aren't 100% satisfied with it either. i know mine works fine, most other people's evo work fine and there are those few that repeatedly have "issues". in my opinion, it's generally "operator error" (whether it's lack of user maintenance, installing "bad apps", etc).

good luck, good riddance.

I'm certainly not paying full price to jump ship but when you have enough bad experiences that they are willing to give you a different model then you can't blame people for switching. And how often do you hear of people ditching the note for an evo...

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I want the forum to be an honest representation of what's going on and not just a few people's love affair with HTC and sammy bashing. If evo owners are continuously giving up on the evo and then finding something they think is way better then that is good information to have. Not all feedback has to be positive.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I want the forum to be an honest representation of what's going on and not just a few people's love affair with HTC and sammy bashing. If evo owners are continuously giving up on the evo and then finding something they think is way better then that is good information to have. Not all feedback has to be positive.

Incorrect sir, this is an HTC EVO 4G LTE forum. We should be discussing HTC EVO 4G LTE phones - the good and the bad. Not why you switched to another phone or how great you think that new phone is, or how trashy this phone is.

Please go post in your new forum unless you have something to say constructive to this community.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
thanks so cold, I`m finally appreciated somewhere:)

I've had a long day and I was hungry so I get a little testy sometimes...glad you have a sense of humor. But as someone who is on their 4th and final evo and has dealt with many bugs I can say that it's not all operator error in every case. This evo is actually running pretty well at the moment knock on wood

Incorrect sir, this is an HTC EVO 4G LTE forum. We should be discussing HTC EVO 4G LTE phones - the good and the bad. Not why you switched to another phone or how great you think that new phone is, or how trashy this phone is.

Please go post in your new forum unless you have something to say constructive to this community.

So if I'm a potential evo buyer and I go to the forum I shouldn't see that many people are switching and getting note's and after having the evo for months are thinking the note is a better phone? That is information I want to have. It's the same as people saying I used to have *insert old phone here* and I love the evo because it can do *insert cool thing here*. There's no reason to get into a debate on the merits of a 5.5" screen in the evo forum, I whole heartily agree with you there, but posting that you are moving on and are happy you did so is valuable information and "constructive to this community"

calvinserrano

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Okay, since probably no one will see this. Here is my little rant about trolls here in Android Central.

The HTC One Family (Which includes the LTEvo) is wayyyyyy different than the Samsung Galaxy series. Their differences is what truly makes the Android experience unique. One user might like Sense, the other, might like Touchwiz. These platforms are different in every aspect. From Homescreen to the Settings. The only thing that makes them Android is the way software is coded onto the NAND making them run Android Apps and true Android platform software (4.1 Jellybean).

To me Touchwiz is very ugly and non user friendly interface since I do have both phones. I hate the Note 2 with regular Google software inside (rooted CM10) because it is certainly too big for it. Sense is a great user-friendly interface that works great with Android 4.1. Even though I may encounter some minor "problems" (Proximity Sensor), the phone still works.

A phone is a phone. Personal preferences dictate what type of phone you like. If anything, I would trade in my Evo for a S3 and put CM10 on it because the S3 with google software looks absolutely beautiful compared to the Evo. But, I still love my Evo because of its unique design and HTC's build quality.

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, since probably no one will see this. Here is my little rant about trolls here in Android Central.

The HTC One Family (Which includes the LTEvo) is wayyyyyy different than the Samsung Galaxy series. Their differences is what truly makes the Android experience unique. One user might like Sense, the other, might like Touchwiz. These platforms are different in every aspect. From Homescreen to the Settings. The only thing that makes them Android is the way software is coded onto the NAND making them run Android Apps and true Android platform software (4.1 Jellybean).

To me Touchwiz is very ugly and non user friendly interface since I do have both phones. I hate the Note 2 with regular Google software inside (rooted CM10) because it is certainly too big for it. Sense is a great user-friendly interface that works great with Android 4.1. Even though I may encounter some minor "problems" (Proximity Sensor), the phone still works.

A phone is a phone. Personal preferences dictate what type of phone you like. If anything, I would trade in my Evo for a S3 and put CM10 on it because the S3 with google software looks absolutely beautiful compared to the Evo. But, I still love my Evo because of its unique design and HTC's build quality.

Lol, exactly. If I wanted a Samsung Note, I would have gotten one last May. I can do my own damn research trolls. The phone is too beefy for me. That's the beauty of Android, choice!

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So if I'm a potential evo buyer and I go to the forum I shouldn't see that many people are switching and getting note's and after having the evo for months are thinking the note is a better phone? That is information I want to have. It's the same as people saying I used to have *insert old phone here* and I love the evo because it can do *insert cool thing here*. There's no reason to get into a debate on the merits of a 5.5" screen in the evo forum, I whole heartily agree with you there, but posting that you are moving on and are happy you did so is valuable information and "constructive to this community"

But the other hand is you come here and see two very vocal people switching. That is not "many" people. If calling any phone trash is "constructive" then I guess my dictionary has the wrong definition for that word.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Constructive. You keep using that word; I do not think it means what you think it means.

Talking about how people should move on to a different phone isn't constructive to this particular forum because the vast majority those who purchased the phone at launch are only nine months into a 22 month contract so switching isn't a viable option. Whether or not *insert phone here* is a better phone is irrelevant.

Being constructive would be helping others diagnose and work around particular issues until their is potentially an official fix.

Suggesting people get a different phone is in fact destructive to the community by definition.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

I couldn't agree with you more.
But we also don't need so-called "enlightened" people coming into the Evo LTE forum and calling the device "trash" over and over, do we?

It looks to me like a few people are SO insecure about their decision, they just have to come here and be hyper-vocal and trashy just to help make themselves feel better and more important.

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't mean this in a "fuel the fire" kind of way, but this is a dev's perspective of the Evo LTE. It's well worth the read if you haven't already read it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=29274193&postcount=64

I still have the LTE and am running CM10, with a dash of CM 10.1 from Deck's builds. I'm still an Evo fan. Just some food for thought.

To me that isn't any fuel to the fire in any way! It was a very good read and think that poster took the time to point out issues. He is not just calling this device trash and another device the best in the world. In fact reading though that the only real issues I see he raises are 1) 1GB vs 2GB 2) non-removable battery and 3) his opinion on HTC's view towards device development. Items 1 and 2 were known well before anyone ever ordered the device.

In fact he goes so far as to point out his is really a "power users" view. The vast majority of users do not fall into that category. Certainly some will and those are most likely the most vocal around AC, but not representative of the typical user.