Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 69
Like Tree65Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    This weekend I finally pulled the trigger after 2 years with EVO 3D and LTE and bought a Galaxy Note 2. Boy am I a happy son of a gun!!!!! This is how an Android is meant to be! My battery lasts more than a full day with a ton of usage. And guess what? I dont have to turn anything off. I can just enjoy the phone for what it was meant to be!
    When I call there is no delay.
    When I listen to my voicemail the screen doesn't turn black.
    There are a gazillion features too!

    Htc sense had a nice look but I will not miss a phone did not function properly. Its unfortunate because the evo could of been a great. Too bad they don't even test the software before they send it out the door. I think a lot of people will jump ship because of the lack of quality control at HTC. If I could describe the EVO LTE after the last 2 updates I would say that it is a piece of crap!!!! Some of you may say that you can root it and there wont be the bugs but the screen is still small (yes I said small. 5.5 is the new norm) and the battery life still sucks under heavy usage,

    If you are thinking about jumping ship to a Note 2, you wont regret it. Oh.....it is a gorgeous phone too!

    See you on the Note 2 forums......
    Thanked by 4:
  2. #2  
    eXplicit815's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    ROM
    Sprint Stock

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Enjoy carrying that around with you. And, not everyone is having problems with the updates for the EVO. I, myself, have had no problems with either updates, and my phone works fine. I even got to use LTE on my way through Cocoa Beach the other day.

    So, until the next one of these threads pops up (which will be any minute now I'm assuming) on here or another site, enjoy.
    Thanked by 4:
  3. #3  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    I am very happy with my HTC DNA. I selected it after trying the Note 2 because of build quality and size. Battery life is quite good.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Ezduzit and Sorniel M Davila like this.
  4. #4  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    I get great battery life and love my EVO!

    Mosquitoes Refuse To Bite Me
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by corvette72778 View Post
    This weekend I finally pulled the trigger after 2 years with EVO 3D and LTE and bought a Galaxy Note 2. Boy am I a happy son of a gun!!!!! This is how an Android is meant to be! My battery lasts more than a full day with a ton of usage. And guess what? I dont have to turn anything off. I can just enjoy the phone for what it was meant to be!
    When I call there is no delay.
    When I listen to my voicemail the screen doesn't turn black.
    There are a gazillion features too!

    Htc sense had a nice look but I will not miss a phone did not function properly. Its unfortunate because the evo could of been a great. Too bad they don't even test the software before they send it out the door. I think a lot of people will jump ship because of the lack of quality control at HTC. If I could describe the EVO LTE after the last 2 updates I would say that it is a piece of crap!!!! Some of you may say that you can root it and there wont be the bugs but the screen is still small (yes I said small. 5.5 is the new norm) and the battery life still sucks under heavy usage,

    If you are thinking about jumping ship to a Note 2, you wont regret it. Oh.....it is a gorgeous phone too!

    See you on the Note 2 forums......
    I'm almost 2 weeks in doing the same thing you did and i am extremely happy. I will not come here and knock the evo, , , i loved my evo . My main reason for doing this is i wanted the phone\tablet mix. Still fits perfectly in the same pockets. No difference at all as far as carrying around.

    Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    love my evo.
    Johnly likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Yeah and this is why is I root

    Sent from my EVO using jellybean Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    tybo31316 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by Csan508 View Post
    Yeah and this is why is I root

    Sent from my EVO using jellybean Android Central Forums
    +1

    With the new MeanBean my phone has NO issues.
    Sprint Samsung GS3 (cya SPRINT!) > 32GB Nexus 5
  8. #8  
    ajbrad71's Avatar

    Posts
    77 Posts
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    After rooting to MEANBEAN I love my baby phablet.

    Say MEANBEAN one more Gatdamn time, I dare ya.
  9. #9  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    ....
    Last edited by bdecastro77; 01-28-2013 at 10:47 PM.
  10. #10  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    One man's trash is another man's treasure.

    Best of luck!
    Thanked by:
    Zookeeper63 likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    It is insane how buggy a stock evo jb 4.1 is.
    You shouldn't have to root for phone for it to be a quality phone.
    A 2,000 mah battery is NOT sufficient for lots of usage, jelly bean and hundred of apps to last a full day without a charge. You need atleast 3,000 mah.
    Anybody that HAS a Note wil say it fits in their pocket fine. They are both about the same thickness too.
    You don't realize the EVO is trash until you get a note. I'm serious too. There is no comparison!!
    ttwiitch likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    99% of the posts since jb update are probably about bugs. lol
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
  14. #14  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by corvette72778 View Post
    A 2,000 mah battery is NOT sufficient for lots of usage, jelly bean and hundred of apps to last a full day without a charge. You need atleast 3,000 mah.!
    Huh, when I purchased my EVO 4G LTE it said right on the web page that it was a 2000 mAh battery. I'm sure yours did too.

    This is what I hate about these types of threads, they start beating on things that were known at the time the device was purchased. Is HTC or the Evo perfect? No. Is Samsung or the Note 2 perfect? No. In can fact if we rolled back a year looked at how many people were swearing off Samsung forever because they weren't getting updates out, etc.

    It's cyclical. Anyway, the grass is always greener.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Evo lte has 2,000. It wasn't terrible when the phone came out. It won't last a day with lots of use. However, with Google Now and newest Sense, you need much more battery power. The Evo is not capable of having the battery upgraded because its sealed in like an iphone. Therefore, it is outdated and the hardware does not match the software. That is why I am saying a note 2 with a 3k battery and a 6k extended battery is an android power lovers dream. I'm going to definately use the 6k extended battery on my note during the weekends. I havne't received the battery yet so I may even use it every day.

    Evo is trash. The grass is greaner with a note 2!! ANYBODY who makes the switch will agree.
  16. #16  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by corvette72778 View Post
    Evo lte has 2,000. It wasn't terrible when the phone came out. It won't last a day with lots of use. However, with Google Now and newest Sense, you need much more battery power. The Evo is not capable of having the battery upgraded because its sealed in like an iphone. Therefore, it is outdated and the hardware does not match the software. That is why I am saying a note 2 with a 3k battery and a 6k extended battery is an android power lovers dream. I'm going to definately use the 6k extended battery on my note during the weekends. I havne't received the battery yet so I may even use it every day.

    Evo is trash. The grass is greaner with a note 2!! ANYBODY who makes the switch will agree.
    Leave guy. I'm happy with my phone. I carry a portable battery charger in my bag for emergencies. Have only used it twice in 4 months.

    Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:
  17. #17  
    Zookeeper63's Avatar

    Posts
    116 Posts
    ROM
    Stock-unrooted

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    So leave us alone and go to the note 2 forums...
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  18. #18  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    There isn't a phone/phablet on the market right now that I would leave my Evo LTE for...not a one.
    bc2k, bigrey81 and houstonwino like this.
  19. #19  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by Zookeeper63 View Post
    So leave us alone and go to the note 2 forums...
    Yes please stop trolling this forum... Damn

    From my EVO LTE
    Zookeeper63 likes this.
  20. #20  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by corvette72778 View Post
    This weekend I finally pulled the trigger after 2 years with EVO 3D and LTE and bought a Galaxy Note 2. Boy am I a happy son of a gun!!!!! This is how an Android is meant to be! My battery lasts more than a full day with a ton of usage. And guess what? I dont have to turn anything off. I can just enjoy the phone for what it was meant to be!
    When I call there is no delay.
    When I listen to my voicemail the screen doesn't turn black.
    There are a gazillion features too!

    Htc sense had a nice look but I will not miss a phone did not function properly. Its unfortunate because the evo could of been a great. Too bad they don't even test the software before they send it out the door. I think a lot of people will jump ship because of the lack of quality control at HTC. If I could describe the EVO LTE after the last 2 updates I would say that it is a piece of crap!!!! Some of you may say that you can root it and there wont be the bugs but the screen is still small (yes I said small. 5.5 is the new norm) and the battery life still sucks under heavy usage,

    If you are thinking about jumping ship to a Note 2, you wont regret it. Oh.....it is a gorgeous phone too!

    See you on the Note 2 forums......
    5.5 is the new norm??LOL ok bro! Since you say so that must be the case!!! Hey everyone 5.5 is the new norm because corvette72778 says so! You heard it here first 5.5 is the new norm!!

    ..........
    ...............
    The Screen on the Note 2 is a piece of junk crapoled nuff said.
    Yes Evo has alot of issues and HTC is currently failing hard but the Note 2 also has its issues 2 of my bros and one of my sis have it and they have the same issues when getting called sometimes their phone does not ring at all other times it takes a while to start ringing about mid way. Those are the obvious issues that they can pick up without being good with tech otherwise im sure they would find/notice more.

    So no the Note2 is not special reguardless of how many samtards say it is. I'm not saying the Note 2 sucks but it has plenty of issues on top of the fact it feels crappy in your hand and has a craptastic screen.

    Getting a Note 2 right now is fairly dumb thing to do within the next 3months there we will be at least 2-3 phones that are better and within the first 6months of the year virtually every phone will be better significantly better.(especially if Samsung finally decides to stop using inferior screen tech)
    zmann likes this.
  21. #21  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,167 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,174 Global Posts

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by corvette72778 View Post
    It is insane how buggy a stock evo jb 4.1 is.
    You shouldn't have to root for phone for it to be a quality phone.
    A 2,000 mah battery is NOT sufficient for lots of usage, jelly bean and hundred of apps to last a full day without a charge. You need atleast 3,000 mah.
    Anybody that HAS a Note wil say it fits in their pocket fine. They are both about the same thickness too.
    You don't realize the EVO is trash until you get a note. I'm serious too. There is no comparison!!
    I'd argue that 2000 mAh isn't sufficient for any phone with "lots of usage".

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  22. #22  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    I love my 4g lte. The only complaint I have now is the screen blacking out during calls and voicemail. Other then that, I love it. After turning off location history, my battery has been fine. I use my phone all day for work on one charge. When I get home from work, I still have between 40-50% remaining. I wouldn't trade my phone for anything right now.
  23. #23  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Funny I have yet to find ANY android phone that truly has "good" battery life compared to what I got with my BB. But surprise surprise I can do a load more with android so no battery life is worse.

    I had the evo design 4g and meh it was an ok phone it didn't have great battery life and it was practically forgotten by the mod community. Oh noes. This guy will be ing about his note 2 in a few weeks. Only phone I've ever had that was never a problem was when I had a flip phone at 16 lol.

    My mom had an evo and until the thing just literally stopped working she loved it. But nah 5.5 is the new norm. Uh not for normal men who don't carry man purses to put a "phablet(faglet) in I prefer not to have any bulges in my pants that I wasn't born with.
  24. #24  

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by corvette72778 View Post
    Evo is trash.
    If you really believe that, then just leave. No need to stay and spew your trolling rants.
  25. #25  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,453 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,757 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default re: Final Farewell......Goodbye HTC

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    If you really believe that, then just leave. No need to stay and spew your trolling rants.
    Two appropriate options when you see something you consider trolling.

    1. Ignore the post.

    2. Report the post.

    Calling another a member a troll is, itself, trolling. Thread title has been edited.

    This advice is for everyone here: Let's keep the discussion civil.

    Sent from my SGSIII
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-15-2013 at 09:46 PM.
    Thanked by 3:
    zmann, Ry and Darth Spock like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Finally said goodbye to BlackBerry!
    By soljah12 in forum Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2012, 06:31 PM
  2. Goodbye HTC
    By Magicmixr in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-27-2011, 03:47 PM
  3. Laptop Mag 2011 Smartphone Finals Pre3 vs HTC Thunderbolt
    By Melaza in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
  4. FINALLY A HTC MADE COMMERCIAL FOR EVO
    By jonathanlc2005 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 08-29-2010, 01:22 AM
  5. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 01:34 PM

Posting Permissions

B