1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evo 4G LTE stuck in boot loop? Or bicked? Not sure. Need help

Ok so I had a family member who is pretty skilled with this root my phone and flash to the Viper4G_1.0.0 rom. Everything was working good untill my phone died one day. When i re charged it nothing was working. All my apps were crashing. SO I gave my cousin the phone again and he re flashed it to the Viper 4g rom. After that it would reboot and go to the white screen where it says ***Tampered*** and ***Unlocked***. Ive rebooted the phone multiple times and it keeps going here. I then used ADB with a boot.img file and it completed the process of writing the image. When the phone turned on a symbol of a phone with green curcular arrows came up. The phone rebooted again and it had a phone with a red triangle and an exclamation point. This is where im stuck. I need this phone working again. No matter what it takes. Thanks in advance. Heres what the white screen says.

Jewel PVT SHIP S-ON RL
    HBOOT-1.15.0000
    RADIO-1.05.11.0606
    OpenDSP-v25.1.0.32.0405
    eMMC-boot
    Jan 18 2012, 17:05:37

Default Re: Evo 4G LTE stuck in boot loop? Or bicked? Not sure. Need help

Not sure if your problem is a result of a bad root but i'd take my phone back to sprint and let em deal with it. You might get a new phone outta it if.......
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ok so I fixed the phone yesterday night. First I wiped everything through twrp, cache, system, etc. Then I tried flashing the Rom that I had first flashed when it was working. Then I took the boot.IMG file out of the Roms .zip and used ADB to write the image file onto my phone. After a 10 minute reboot phone works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Baer View Post
    Ok so I fixed the phone yesterday night. First I wiped everything through twrp, cache, system, etc. Then I tried flashing the Rom that I had first flashed when it was working. Then I took the boot.IMG file out of the Roms .zip and used ADB to write the image file onto my phone. After a 10 minute reboot phone works like a charm.
    Glad to see you got it working. It's weird that it happened randomly like that but that's a soft brick, and what you did is the standard method to fix it. Hopefully you won't have to again in future.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums