Problem with bluetooth

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I have a blue tooth head set I use when driving and it seems when I try to use Google now or voice options is either non responsive or sluggish.. I disconnect blue tooth and Google now is quick and responsive.. Any ideas why when I connect my headset this changes?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Well after research I discovered that the HTC EVO LTE does not accept audio into the unit except relating to phone calls with blue tooth. So when pairing my blue tooth device if im using it to try to do voice commands it won't recognize the mic. I wonder why this has not been brought up previously as I'm sure there are many users who do use blue tooth.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
The other thing I noticed when using Bluetooth and Google Now is that volume when you get the voice prompt responses back are too low and you cant hear them. I have yet to find a way to increase the volume on this. I know this is true with using a headset, I will have to confirm this with the in-car Bluetooth connection. I don't think I have tried that.

jdmcdonaldinks

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue, which I find very annoying! This phone is truly a love/hate relationship. My wife's SG3 has no where near the camera ability, and the her phone picks up background noise so bad compared to mine (yes, I've tried enabling/disabling the noise cancellation)...I too have been offered to be swapped to an SG3 a few times, but I really want this phone to just work good. I want to be connected via bluetooth in my car, press the microphone, and dictate a text message...it worked before this last update. I really don't want the SG3, but I need my phone to just work. Not specifically on topic, but why oh why don't we have the avrcp profile???

Mr_Clark

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with my S4 and S Voice when paired to Bluetooth. S Voice works fine when not paired to bluetooth. When I pair it to BT in my car, S Voice doesn't respond to my voice.

I haven't seen any other posts on this issue. Did you find a solution?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
No... I sold my EVO lte... There is no work around from what I found.. Blue tooth head set was not compatible for voice commands

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RedBarchetta

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
after the last Google Now update, I have been successful in doing voice commands via Bluetooth while driving and phone in the car dock. Granted, I do need to activate Google now first by long pressing the home key, but once up I can say "google" and voice dial, send text messages and open apps. Before the update, it would take about 45 seconds or so to get the screen to say "start speaking" No true completely hands free when in the car dock, when I long press the Bluetooth, it still scrolls the screen to my last dialed numbers, but it's a small victory

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz