Sense 5.0 and EVO LTE

fwarchol

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find this answer or question in the forum for that matter (but maybe I didnt look hard enough LOL!) but what are the chances that EVO LTE will see the Sense 5.0 as an update? Just curious....I LOVE my LTE the way it is but I was curious if newer phones would only be getting it!

Thanks in advance to all who answer!!

Frank

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Possible. Depends on how much work it is to move it over, and what the hardware overhead is. Wouldn't be shocked to see it, but it also wouldn't surprise me if it held at Sense 4+.

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site
There is no defentive answer, so you won't find that here. It's all speculation. I think the EVO LTE will get one more update before it goes off into the sunset. It will be JB 4.2 and the newest sense upgrade and it probably won't happen for months. I'm going to say June. Ok...now it's time to put away the crystal ball.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Well well well... I see Phil made it back down to the dungeon for a bit. Good times.

As for Sense 5, I think it looks great. Very simplified and minimalist. I hope that means it's also less resource-intensive so bringing it to the EVO would be great. Especially if the M7 that's being tested on Sprint doesn't have the microSD slot. That's a deal breaker for me. I can live with the non-removable battery because they make the integrated ones bigger. I've had no battery problems with my launch-day phone, but I want to be able to pull my card and move things to different places in a few seconds, not have to sync to my laptop and then move files to another device or drive on top of that.

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
If it doesn't get it from Sprint or HTC, it will definitely get it from being ported over by a developer on xda or mik.

Sent from my MeanBean optimized and Supercharged ElteVO.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am unsure I even care myself.

To be honest I think I am done with HTC. I love sense when it works. It is a very nice UI but man oh man is it buggy as hell.

My original Evo started doing the sense crash loop where when you exited almost any app it has to reload the UI. It got on my nerves at the end.
So now I get this shiny new Evo last June and thought it would be better. It was at first but just like the old one it started doing it. Only once in awhile at first then more and more.

Now it is doing it all the time where the UI keeps loading every time I touch it. It even gets into a boot loop where it keeps booting over and over.
Unsure how alone I am in this but I would think it has to have this behavior with others as well.

I am going to just put a new ROM on it. I just need to decide on which one. Probably CM or meanbean.
I also have to decide if I want to make it s-off or not.

I LOVE HTC's hardware but this has gone on enough with me that I will probably never get another HTC phone.
When it works it is awesome! As good or better than an iPhone but when it starts acting up it is annoying as an iPhone user. i:)i

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Why after a crappy jelly bean update would one want another big update seriously I'm just saying be careful for what you wish for XD

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm doubtful we'll see much more in the way of updates from HTC, there's just starting to be too many newer phones and they'll want to preserve that "value add"

That being said I really like what I've seen so far

Last edited:

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I am unsure I even care myself.

To be honest I think I am done with HTC. I love sense when it works. It is a very nice UI but man oh man is it buggy as hell.

My original Evo started doing the sense crash loop where when you exited almost any app it has to reload the UI. It got on my nerves at the end.
So now I get this shiny new Evo last June and thought it would be better. It was at first but just like the old one it started doing it. Only once in awhile at first then more and more.

Now it is doing it all the time where the UI keeps loading every time I touch it. It even gets into a boot loop where it keeps booting over and over.
Unsure how alone I am in this but I would think it has to have this behavior with others as well.

I am going to just put a new ROM on it. I just need to decide on which one. Probably CM or meanbean.
I also have to decide if I want to make it s-off or not.

I LOVE HTC's hardware but this has gone on enough with me that I will probably never get another HTC phone.
When it works it is awesome! As good or better than an iPhone but when it starts acting up it is annoying as an iPhone user. i:)i

I got tired of the reloads too, and switched to Nova Launcher Prime. I never get those reloads anymore. I stuck with HTC because of Sense, but no more. I will probably look to Samsung in the future knowing that I'll put Nova on it and not have to deal with Touchwiz.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital