Thinking of jumping from Phonton 4g to Evo 4g LTE

fage88

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello Evo Users,

I have had my Photon since launch day and lately it has been killing me. Its miles better than my old Pre but I have a bit of phone envy when I see all these other android phones floating around getting software updates and I have a phone that went from flag ship $199 to EOLin just more than a year. Im still 8 months from an upgrade but i have an opportunity to buy a like new (out of the box but not used) Evo 4g LTE at pretty much contract price.

Should I make the jump. Has the Evo been good to you?

thanks,
-Jeff

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Love the EVOLTE, but I would just wait 8 months for the S4 or whatever the Next HTC phone is. You will want 2GB ram. I came from a Pre, also. I am also waiting to see what the new BB10 phones are like, since they also run Android apps.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I came from a Photon as well and I really like my EVO. If you're a phone-a-holic then I guess you could do it. I would definitely do it if you're in an area with LTE, as the 4G on the Photon is WiMax and is not compatible. If you're in an area with WiMax and no LTE I would probably hold off and use the upgrade in 8 months. Even aside from the network aspect the phone is great and the screen & camera are a huge improvement over the Photon. Check out Best Buy to see what trade in value you would get on your Photon. That played a big factor in how I got my EVO for cheap back in June, altho since you're getting it elsewhere you're just getting a Best Buy gift card.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Don't even think ... just go for it. I still have until August of this year until I'm eligible for an upgrade.

I wanna get this phone before then, only wish I knew someone selling. :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Lucky me...I won an EVO 4g LTE off Ebay earlier today. Can't wait to have it in my hands. Lmbo. :D

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hello Evo Users,

I have had my Photon since launch day and lately it has been killing me. Its miles better than my old Pre but I have a bit of phone envy when I see all these other android phones floating around getting software updates and I have a phone that went from flag ship $199 to EOLin just more than a year. Im still 8 months from an upgrade but i have an opportunity to buy a like new (out of the box but not used) Evo 4g LTE at pretty much contract price.

Should I make the jump. Has the Evo been good to you?

thanks,
-Jeff

I have had a very similar journey; I went pre, photon, Evo, and when I was on the photon, I hated android phones. Luckily, I bought a photon used so I was able to upgrade to the Evo the day it (finally) was released. This Evo is a totally different experience than the photon. I can make it a day on one charge. The skin on this phone feels like there was thought put into it. The quality isn't even comparable - I thought the photon felt like it was made for the dollar store. The Evo even has a taste of cards like webos!

You will enjoy the Evo!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol