Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I do it?

I've been really thinking about having my evo lte rooted and installing meanbean. Is there any reason not to? I don't hate my phone right now. The only real complaint is the black screen when making phone calls and checking voicemail. I just keep reading all the good about meanbean and haven't seen any bad. Can anyone talk me out of doing it? Thanks for the help

This my daily work phone. Though work only really involves email, phone, text, voicemail.

Default Re: Should I do it?

I don't think it's quite possible for me to tell you not to do it!!!! LOL....I should have done it months ago.

I've been wanting to do it myself for the past month, but i don't have a 32 bit OS to unlock the phone first, and I'm not too comfortable running an OS of a LiveCD or even Ubuntu off a USB stick.

I'm ready to do the same..to chicken.
    Sprint HTC ONE MAX

Do it! Amazing ROM and dev.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    I've been wanting to do it myself for the past month, but i don't have a 32 bit OS to unlock the phone first, and I'm not too comfortable running an OS of a LiveCD or even Ubuntu off a USB stick.
    You could just make the minimum size partition for Ubuntu on your main hard drive. The CD or USB versions are pretty stable though, I wouldn't expect to see them randomly crash or anything halfway through if that's what you're worried about.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mike31082 View Post
    MeanBean can be installed s-on. You can unlock the phone through HTC Dev without fiddling with the 32-bit OS nonsense. It is recommended to be s-off but not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by krazydan View Post
    I've been really thinking about having my evo lte rooted and installing meanbean. Is there any reason not to? I don't hate my phone right now. The only real complaint is the black screen when making phone calls and checking voicemail. I just keep reading all the good about meanbean and haven't seen any bad. Can anyone talk me out of doing it? Thanks for the help

This my daily work phone. Though work only really involves email, phone, text, voicemail.
    My advice as always is to not root your device...however, if you think you need to (which frankly, I don't see why) root for whatever reasons - just take a look inside the Google Play Store.. there are enough applications for you to do pretty much anything a rooted device does. Plus, unknown problems.. and you void your device warranty.

Think about it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

I rooted a couple of days ago using Regaw's method. Was pretty painless. I'm on Mean rom now, second full day. I like the rom overally, but so far I'm not blown away by the battery performance. But I'm not going to form any judgments yet because I just now realized I hadn't gone back in and turned off auto brightness or changed to CDMA only after the ROM flash. That and it usually takes a couple of days for a Rom to settle and such. So for now I'm happy with it. If I decide to, I can always flash back to the stock Rom. Mean does have those expanded notifications in the bar, which are pretty sweet.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Rooted and meanbean installed today. So far so good. Not a single complaint

Rooted ,S off and mean bean here and smiling.
    Now, gonna cancel the cellular for the pad device.