How is this possible?

khull808

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Phone says the radio is what is using up my battery. How? I'm not using an app. I have Pandora and songza but they are not active at the moment. My screen is also, but that's because its on for long periods of time when I'm reading stuff.

Any ideas on what I should do?

u7apyjeq.jpg

Sent from my Evo 4g lte using tapatalk 2.

Instagram & EyeEm: kristenhull

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/kristennakasone

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
According to that screenshot it shows over 10 hrs of radio on time. So even if your phone is sitting idle, not doing anything and its not connected via WIFI or in airplane mode the radio is still working to receive incoming notifications of texts, calls, updates, emails, etc... .

Judging from that screenshot the radio is not your enemy, your screen on time is your biggest battery hog.

khull808

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
According to that screenshot it shows over 10 hrs of radio on time. So even if your phone is sitting idle, not doing anything and its not connected via WIFI or in airplane mode the radio is still working to receive incoming notifications of texts, calls, updates, emails, etc... .

Judging from that screenshot the radio is not your enemy, your screen on time is your biggest battery hog.

I guess radio has a different definition for smart phones. LOL thank you. I have my screen on the brightest setting. I usually have it on auto and dim at night.

Is there anything else I could do or any suggestions you may have on battery life tips? I'm not complaining, my phone lasts a day and a half on one charge usually cause I don't use it at work. I am usually on it a lot at home with my wifi. But you know, any knowledge is valuable to have.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have LTE in you area? If not make sure in settings you have CDMA only checked so its not searching for LTE
Yes your phones radio is what picks up the signals from the towers

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess radio has a different definition for smart phones. LOL thank you. I have my screen on the brightest setting. I usually have it on auto and dim at night.

Is there anything else I could do or any suggestions you may have on battery life tips? I'm not complaining, my phone lasts a day and a half on one charge usually cause I don't use it at work. I am usually on it a lot at home with my wifi. But you know, any knowledge is valuable to have.

You got 10 hours of battery life out of 38 percent of your battery, what in the world are you complaining about? That averages out to 27 of battery life. That is just pretty darn awesome in my book!!

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's all radio, traditional AM/FM, 3G, etc... Just different spectrums and frequencies. If that's the battery life you're getting right now do exactly what you're doing.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz