Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Mikey47
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How is this possible?

Phone says the radio is what is using up my battery. How? I'm not using an app. I have Pandora and songza but they are not active at the moment. My screen is also, but that's because its on for long periods of time when I'm reading stuff.

Any ideas on what I should do?

Sent from my Evo 4g lte using tapatalk 2.

Instagram & EyeEm: kristenhull

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/kristennakasone

Default Re: How is this possible?

According to that screenshot it shows over 10 hrs of radio on time. So even if your phone is sitting idle, not doing anything and its not connected via WIFI or in airplane mode the radio is still working to receive incoming notifications of texts, calls, updates, emails, etc... .

Judging from that screenshot the radio is not your enemy, your screen on time is your biggest battery hog.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    According to that screenshot it shows over 10 hrs of radio on time. So even if your phone is sitting idle, not doing anything and its not connected via WIFI or in airplane mode the radio is still working to receive incoming notifications of texts, calls, updates, emails, etc... .

Judging from that screenshot the radio is not your enemy, your screen on time is your biggest battery hog.
    I guess radio has a different definition for smart phones. LOL thank you. I have my screen on the brightest setting. I usually have it on auto and dim at night.

Is there anything else I could do or any suggestions you may have on battery life tips? I'm not complaining, my phone lasts a day and a half on one charge usually cause I don't use it at work. I am usually on it a lot at home with my wifi. But you know, any knowledge is valuable to have.

Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

Do you have LTE in you area? If not make sure in settings you have CDMA only checked so its not searching for LTE
    Yes your phones radio is what picks up the signals from the towers
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

No Hawaii doesn't have lte yet.

Quote Originally Posted by khull808 View Post
    I guess radio has a different definition for smart phones. LOL thank you. I have my screen on the brightest setting. I usually have it on auto and dim at night.

Is there anything else I could do or any suggestions you may have on battery life tips? I'm not complaining, my phone lasts a day and a half on one charge usually cause I don't use it at work. I am usually on it a lot at home with my wifi. But you know, any knowledge is valuable to have.

You got 10 hours of battery life out of 38 percent of your battery, what in the world are you complaining about? That averages out to 27 of battery life. That is just pretty darn awesome in my book!!

Yeah, it's all radio, traditional AM/FM, 3G, etc... Just different spectrums and frequencies. If that's the battery life you're getting right now do exactly what you're doing.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    You got 10 hours of battery life out of 38 percent of your battery, what in the world are you complaining about? That averages out to 27 of battery life. That is just pretty darn awesome in my book!!
    Lol I guess you're right. I'll stop whining. Haha.