Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57
Like Tree22Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    I'm having all kinds of issues w/ my EVO but I hate taking it to a Sprint store and I've reset it like 3 times already.

    What was the process you had to go through before they offered to give you an S3 to try out? I am so desperate... even in areas with 4G my damn phone never connects, URG.
    Sprint Samsung GS3 (cya SPRINT!) > 32GB Nexus 5
    bdecastro77 likes this.
  2. #27  
    Mellimel22's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    2,466 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    That's fuged up my gnex connects to lte perfect especially with the new 4.2 radio. I'm in Chicago BTW

    Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2
    bdecastro77 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by digink#AC View Post
    I'm having all kinds of issues w/ my EVO but I hate taking it to a Sprint store and I've reset it like 3 times already.

    What was the process you had to go through before they offered to give you an S3 to try out? I am so desperate... even in areas with 4G my damn phone never connects, URG.
    I just called tech support and told them they need to send me a new phone because of all the issues the EVO is having.. Told the guy that I had already been through resetting and troubleshooting to no avail.. He offered a new EVO, but suggested the S3 instead because it was an option on their list. I requested the S3. He said I would need to send the EVO back to them in return. Also said if I didn't like the S3, I could send it back and try another EVO.
    Good luck

    Cash Money Castro
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    Nearly all Samsung's stuff feels like a toy, it's plastic, and cheap feeling plastic at that. They have a reputation for that. There's also making some of the plastic look like metal, that's like fake wood paneling on the Atari 2600 back in the 70's, it's tacky.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    So you don't really have an issue with the build quality just the materials its built out of....

    Interesting.

    If you don't like plastic on phones all of a sudden so be it but the phone has a great build

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  5. #30  
    benny3's Avatar
    Flashoholic!!

    Posts
    1,996 Posts
    ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by digink#AC View Post
    I'm having all kinds of issues w/ my EVO but I hate taking it to a Sprint store and I've reset it like 3 times already.

    What was the process you had to go through before they offered to give you an S3 to try out? I am so desperate... even in areas with 4G my damn phone never connects, URG.
    Thats been one of the issues with the Evo LTE is the connection to lte, Sprint knew it when they released it hoping to have it fixed by the time LTE went online.
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Thanks for the advice, I swear I thought I was going crazy.

    I am sitting next to my girlfriend who also has Sprint connected to LTE and my damn phone is on 3G! I have the newest baseband, PRL, everything and nada.

    I called Sprint and they said I could try out an S3... I really love the screen and other things about the EVOLTE so this will be tough... If the S3 connects to LTE in places the EVO didn't I am just going to send it back and hope HTC puts out a decent device when I am eligible for an upgrade next.

    Thanks for the advice! I am sitting over here frustrated at a phone that doesn't work properly and come to find out I had options.
    Sprint Samsung GS3 (cya SPRINT!) > 32GB Nexus 5
    bdecastro77 likes this.
  7. #32  
    BigDinCA's Avatar

    Posts
    882 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    So you don't really have an issue with the build quality just the materials its built out of....

    Interesting.

    If you don't like plastic on phones all of a sudden so be it but the phone has a great build

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    I think the materials it's made out of are the definition of build quality. I feel the same way. It's a nice phone, don't get me wrong. My wife loves hers and I've played around with it a ton. The build quality is 10X better than the Galaxy S and the GSII, but I prefer HTC. I like the feel of their phones and the weight and balance of them. But that's all it is - a preference.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    I think the materials it's made out of are the definition of build quality. I feel the same way. It's a nice phone, don't get me wrong. My wife loves hers and I've played around with it a ton. The build quality is 10X better than the Galaxy S and the GSII, but I prefer HTC. I like the feel of their phones and the weight and balance of them. But that's all it is - a preference.
    Build quality is how well its built, how prone to failure, do ports stop working? Does the screen get non responsive?

    HTC's phones are typically the best screens and the best materials after apple but the build quality typically lacks

    I work at a verizon kiosk and the main phones people have and are pissed off about are htc phones. The batteries are built like crap because they don't hold a good charge for long (customers already complaining about the DNA and it's battery life), screens die off, charging ports stop working at random, I've even seen ports break off inside phones due to a poor soldering job. But I guess those phones have great build quality because they bare made out of better material?

    I loved my evo but the build quality just wasn't there

    But I'm not telling you to like another phone over another, we all have opinions and I respect them a

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  9. #34  
    BigDinCA's Avatar

    Posts
    882 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    Build quality is how well its built, how prone to failure, do ports stop working? Does the screen get non responsive?

    HTC's phones are typically the best screens and the best materials after apple but the build quality typically lacks

    I work at a verizon kiosk and the main phones people have and are pissed off about are htc phones. The batteries are built like crap because they don't hold a good charge for long (customers already complaining about the DNA and it's battery life), screens die off, charging ports stop working at random, I've even seen ports break off inside phones due to a poor soldering job. But I guess those phones have great build quality because they bare made out of better material?

    I loved my evo but the build quality just wasn't there...
    You're correct. It's not just the materials, it's how well they're put together. I believe HTC knocks it out of the park consistently. Not every time, but consistently. Samsung just doesn't. It seems they've turned a corner with the GS3 and that's great. I'm glad, really. But let's not pretend that's always been the case. It has actually never been the case until now. The original S on Sprint was not great. The S2 was the worst phone I have ever dealt with. The screen problems are so prevalent on the S2 they created a swap-out kit for in-store techs so they wouldn't need to be sent in for repair. Between those 2 devices, I've swapped them out 10 times for hardware issues (once for a camera software issue on the original S series). That's Samsung build quality. And it's **** poor. The GS3 doesn't seem to have those kind of issues, so it seems like Sammy is making progress. As long as you don't count the mainboard "sudden death" failures.

    HTC isn't perfect either. They've had some hardware problems, sure. Who hasn't? But I've owned HTC devices exclusively for myself (the Samsung phones were my wife's and now my son's) for over 6 years. I had to swap out my OG EVO once for a failure of the capacitive buttons. I swapped out my TouchPro 2 for a mechanical issue with the slider. That's it. Two swaps for hardware issues. There were two others for software issues. If I add them all together I can use one hand and have a finger left over. If I have to swap out another Sammy I have to start using toes to count. Most of HTC's issues tend to be software related, including the dreaded proximity sensor issue since the JB update. That doesn't mean they are small issues. But the physical build of an HTC device is sturdier. It's tighter. It's beefier. I don't need to put a case on it. I've dropped it several times and it has a couple dents in the aluminum. My wife dropped her GS3 before she bought a case for it and holy crap did it tear up the back of that phone. The build and design of the One series has been lauded by tons of sites, big and small, over the S3. The OG EVO was practically a work of art. The 3D was built like a brick poopie-house. I like to know what's out there so I pay attention to all of the devices and I play with all of them as much as I can. Even the OneX and the DNA, and I can't get those on Sprint. LG, Moto, Sammy, Sony... hell, I even pay attention to what Pantech and Kyocera are doing! If you want to talk software, that's another issue (Sammy killed it with the GS3). I don't consider battery life as part of a build quality. Most manufacturers get their batteries from the same places in China. Battery life has become more an issue of screen usage and efficient software design. But since you brought it up, I get the same battery usage as my wife on her GS3 (which she loves, especially compared to the 4-6 hours she would get on her GS2), but I use mine twice as much as she does. I run my business from this phone so I text, call and email all day long. Right now I'm at 20 hours, with 19% remaining. That includes 2 hours of calls on a BT headset, 1 hour of Pitfall (sweet Jesus I love that game), a half hour of Asphalt 6, a little web browsing, an hour and a half of GPS and navigation to get to a vendor in Long Beach and a couple dozen emails and texts, though it was plugged in for half an hour yesterday afternoon while I was transferring data on a client's PC.
    Topgonzo likes this.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    I work at a verizon kiosk

    Snip...

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    Now that's funny...
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Now that's funny...
    What's funny about it?

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post
    What's funny about it?

    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    You work at a Verizon kiosk, but your phone is on T-Mobile? Seemed kind of funny, that's all.
  13. #38  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    I did a factory reset and it didn't help at all!

    Quote Originally Posted by axllebeer View Post
    I've been thinking about a factory reset hoping it might fix some of the problems I've had with mine after the Jelly Bean update. But it's getting irritating. I'm in the same boat if I were to switch. Cases and the awsome car doc I have for it and I use that daily.
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    You work at a Verizon kiosk, but your phone is on T-Mobile? Seemed kind of funny, that's all.
    Yeah still under that crappy contract.



    sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    This is my first HTC phone. I really like the way this phone is built. I had the Samsung Epic before this phone and it was a nightmare with software issues so I wanted to go HTC.

    Before Jelly Bean was released I was exchanged into a Galaxy S3 and I didnt like the feel of the phone compared to my EVO LTE so I was able to swap back because they didnt tell me the day after the exchange Jelly Bean was released. So have the EVO back which I really love.. But its still buggy with data issues.. I have an option to go back to Samsung GSIII and I am not sure what to do. HTC cant get sense notes. on here. or a full version of polaris office. The EVO is just a much better built phone it seems to me. I am not sure what to do because of the date issues..
    J
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by kmarx View Post
    This is my first HTC phone. I really like the way this phone is built. I had the Samsung Epic before this phone and it was a nightmare with software issues so I wanted to go HTC.

    Before Jelly Bean was released I was exchanged into a Galaxy S3 and I didnt like the feel of the phone compared to my EVO LTE so I was able to swap back because they didnt tell me the day after the exchange Jelly Bean was released. So have the EVO back which I really love.. But its still buggy with data issues.. I have an option to go back to Samsung GSIII and I am not sure what to do. HTC cant get sense notes. on here. or a full version of polaris office. The EVO is just a much better built phone it seems to me. I am not sure what to do because of the date issues..
    Im really liking this S3... I know what you mean though as far as the weight of the phones go.. HTC is much heavier, more solid feel. Just get a decent case and that should solve that issue. Just honesty have had 0 problems with this S3. Software is definitely a game changer

    Cash Money Castro
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    the only other thing i can think of is to get HTC to replace their defective evo ltes's with the new m7 when they come out.
    J
  18. #43  
    flyer8493's Avatar

    Posts
    171 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Quote Originally Posted by kmarx View Post
    the only other thing i can think of is to get HTC to replace their defective evo ltes's with the new m7 when they come out.
    We won't get an m7. We will get another EVO that's just like the m7 but with bad radios.

    Sent from my third EVO.
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    I have been reading through this thread and i guess the most important question is........why the hell does it seem like everybody usually goes through like 3 or 4 Evo's? Personally im on my third 4GLTE and my 6th Evo in genera( all within the course of a year) l. I like the Evo much better the the S3 it feels like a better phone more solid phone although i like the S3 i just cant get with touchwiz, sense is just a way better UI. But back to my question why does it seem like a gold standard for people to go through more then a few handsets in the course of a 2 year span?
  20. #45  
    Cattails_r_Edible's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Everyone doesn't go thru evos, I'm still on my original!

    Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
  21. #46  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    Im on my 4th EVO LTE..

    I can't count how many Samsung Epic's I had. I think about 10.
    J
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    In my house we bought 3 original evo's on release. Only one ever had to be replaced and that was the 11 year olds that broke the charge port. Right now we have one evo 3d and 2 evo lte's from release day also and no problems other than the little bugs like proximity sensor.

    So out of 6 HTC phones - 1 has had to be replaced and I bet it had something to do with the 11 year old.

    Sent from my MeanBean optimized and Supercharged ElteVO.
  23. #48  
    Cattails_r_Edible's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    522 Posts
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    I would bet those of you that have gone through multiple evo's, have problems with every device you have owned! Maybe its you and not the phone! I had one palm pre, lasted over a year, one og EVO that is still being used by a friend, one EVO 3d, one Motorola photon that my wife still uses! Maybe I'm just lucky! LOL

    Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    top magoo and Topgonzo like this.
  24. #49  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    What's up EVO 4G fam (and others....lol). This is my first post ever, but how in the world are you guys going through so many phones? I'm still on my original EVO LTE. I must admit that the SGIII is a beast, but I love my EVO LTE! Of course getting it on launch, like most people, I had a problem getting LTE...only due to the fact that LTE wasn't really widely available in my market (ATL). Now, I'm at home and can turn off my wifi and get LTE, although wifi is still better. The only problem I really had with this phone was the proximity and battery life being all jacked up after the JB install. Since the latest update, released late in Jan, the proximity has been fixed. Since I just downloaded the latest update less than 24 hours ago, I can't really speak on the battery life to see if it's improved. Anywho.....stay thirsty, my friends!
  25. #50  

    Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

    That's why the cost of insurance is so high. Do people go through 4 laptops in a year? I don't believe that it's the phone but the user. People are anal about their phones. They want the best and newest and are quick to blame the manufacturer for problems. I have in the past exchanged a couple handsets that were just because I wanted a new handset but since my EVO I have only had one device. I have spent so much time setting it up that it's a part of my life. There is no way that someone gets more than 1 faulty device from a company in a year.

    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Thanked by 2:
    aha299 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2012, 04:21 PM
  2. Bought this to replace my EVO 3D - Any drawbacks?
    By Saneless in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 01:59 PM
  3. Replacing my EVO, what do I get to keep?
    By Tattrpuff in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 10:18 AM
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-10-2010, 06:52 PM
  5. EVO to replace my Flip Mino HD
    By c_dub in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 05:05 AM

Posting Permissions