Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Global Posts
    331 Global Posts

Default Re: Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

My roommates had each of theirs switched once and had had enough. One got a galaxy s3 and one just upgraded another line and got a note 2. Both are now very happy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I had the original EVO and only had to swap it out for a refurb when an update got corrupted and put the phone into a continuous reboot loop. The techs at Sprint were very accommodating and I had a phone a day or two later and never had any problems with it.

Now I am on the new EVO and have had no problems at all.

The tech find failure on the phone before they get exchanged.

I will tell you that using a magnetic case screws up the phone. I learned that on my Epic it forced my phone to power cycle off. The first week I had it when they were selling the Galaxy S Leather Holsters I was talking to one of Sprints techs' on the phone and magnetic closures are bad for the phones.

- - - Updated - - -

The tech find failure on the phone before they get exchanged.

I will tell you that using a magnetic case screws up the phone. I learned that on my Epic it forced my phone to power cycle off. The first week I had it when they were selling the Galaxy S Leather Holsters I was talking to one of Sprints techs' on the phone and magnetic closures are bad for the phones.
    J

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

Quote Originally Posted by Cattails_r_Edible View Post
    I would bet those of you that have gone through multiple evo's, have problems with every device you have owned! Maybe its you and not the phone! I had one palm pre, lasted over a year, one og EVO that is still being used by a friend, one EVO 3d, one Motorola photon that my wife still uses! Maybe I'm just lucky! LOL

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!
    I never had problems with my OG EVO. Kept the same one through the duration of my contract.

Sent from my third EVO.

ROM
    Stock

i've had 4 htc phones in about 6 years.

the first, was one of their windows versions. the screen developed a dead-spot after 2 years
    second was a hero for about a year when i upgraded
    og evo was third for 2.5 years until my daughter wanted a new phone and i had an upgrade
    finally, updated to the lte

I'm getting an S3 tomorrow. My Evo just randomly heats up and drains the battery. They offered to give me a new Evo and I just asked for an S3 instead. Sorry guys. I'll miss the beautiful screen and aluminum body, but I won't miss much else.

One problem with these situations is that we don't really know what people are doing to their phones.

I have friends who constantly drop their phones. Then a few weeks later they complain that the phone sucks and this or that doesn't work. Hmm, generally dropping electronics is not good for them. It may not break immediately so they think the it's fine. But in reality, they've damaged an IC, cracked a solder trace, damaged a cell in the battery, or damaged a capacitor in the digitizer.

Not calling out anyone in this thread, I'm just saying in general. People can do less obvious things to their phones that cause problems and then think the phones are just prone to be defective. Having the phone in the bathroom when they're showering, leaving the phone in a super hot or super cold car, or using a defective charger can all cause problems with a phone that develop over time.

Sure, there are exception like the Palm Pre where it was a poorly constructed device. But in general when someone has to get four or five devices, and not necessarily just phones, there is some underlying cause.
    Mikey47, top magoo and Topgonzo like this.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123