Sprint tech suggested S3 to replace my Evo LTE...

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thats what i did .After going through 3 LTE's i wasn't taking a 4th so i took the SG3 . Its been a nice phone but its not a HTC for sure and im Sense kinda guy....lol

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Take it

You're getting an easily better phone bit the only thing that you would miss is then screen.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

midmadn

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Take it

You're getting an easily better phone bit the only thing that you would miss is then screen.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

The screen is everything to me. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Sent from my MeanBean optimized and Supercharged ElteVO.

houstonwino

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't know. It seems like nothing but crazy talk to trade in the EVO LTE for any other device. If some tech suggested that to me, I'd ask for a different tech. But I also know that no one phone is right for everyone. That doesn't mean that I can understand how someone can hold the EVO in one hand and some other phone in the other and not feel the difference, or look at the screens and not see the difference, or take photos and not see the difference, etc. Maybe you want to show off the fact that your hands are so large that they make your huge phone appear to be a reasonable size, or perhaps you are so averse to exerting yourself that the metal body of the EVO seems too heavy, or perhaps you like garish unrealistic colors on your screen. It's even possible that you prefer having dearly departed St. Steven of the Rounded Corners telling you what you can and can do.

Seriously, as you can probably tell, the EVO is the right phone for me. You have to decide what works for you.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I am in my third and final EVO. I may demand an s3 if this thing goes to crap. However I have cases and a vehicle dock for the EVO which would all go to waste if I got an s3. I'm torn.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I am in my third and final EVO. I may demand an s3 if this thing goes to crap. However I have cases and a vehicle dock for the EVO which would all go to waste if I got an s3. I'm torn.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I've been thinking about a factory reset hoping it might fix some of the problems I've had with mine after the Jelly Bean update. But it's getting irritating. I'm in the same boat if I were to switch. Cases and the awsome car doc I have for it and I use that daily.

bdecastro77

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I ended up doing a factory reset on my EVO... To NO avail... Received my S3 and yes... It took some getting used to. But let me tell you.. It really is a better phone.. Maybe because of the extra Ram, or the true multi tasking, or the better battery life, or all the motion features, or maybe just because I don't find myself getting pissed every time I turn the damn thing on... If anyone wants my opinion.. Take the S3.. You will be happy you did.

Hopefully HTC will get their business in order.. Until that happens.. So long!

Cash Money Castro

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I ended up doing a factory reset on my EVO... To NO avail... Received my S3 and yes... It took some getting used to. But let me tell you.. It really is a better phone.. Maybe because of the extra Ram, or the true multi tasking, or the better battery life, or all the motion features, or maybe just because I don't find myself getting pissed every time I turn the damn thing on... If anyone wants my opinion.. Take the S3.. You will be happy you did.

Cash Money Castro

Not saying anything wrong with sammy or the s3, but you've had this phone for what 3 hours and you've been able to determine all this?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Cash Money Castro

Yep.

Anything that phone can do the SGS3 can do, but the opposite isn't true

mike7728

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about a factory reset hoping it might fix some of the problems I've had with mine after the Jelly Bean update. But it's getting irritating. I'm in the same boat if I were to switch. Cases and the awsome car doc I have for it and I use that daily.

after a ota its wise to follow with a factory reset.

REZOUND-S-OFF-VIPERREZ - SNUZZO 2.3 KERNEL...

bdecastro77

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
3 things I liked better on the EVO.. Metal backing, LCD screen, and stock animated weather widget's. Thats all though.

Cash Money Castro

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Wait for the m7 dog(no literal meaning intended). I'm serious though the m7 blows the s3 out of the water. It'll be arriving around the end of April/ begging of may.

Sent from my SPH-L710

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Better build?

How so?

Nearly all Samsung's stuff feels like a toy, it's plastic, and cheap feeling plastic at that. They have a reputation for that. There's also making some of the plastic look like metal, that's like fake wood paneling on the Atari 2600 back in the 70's, it's tacky.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs