Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Default Re: New EVO LTE 4gen on its way in 2013???

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    Am I the only one that believes that the M7 (minus possible lack of SD card) is what the LTE should have been?
    Ok so spec bumps are nice and yeah I would be great if the evo had a 1080 screen and 2 gigs of ram (and descent battery life with all that) but are evo owners really getting all that excited for the m7? The only thing I really want to see is sense 5 and see if it really is that much cleaner and better or just nicer to look at but still bloaty. If HTC wants me to get excited for a phone advertise features and not specs.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Perhaps [you are the only one]. Since it also has no kickstand. And no nice design elements either. And the lack of SD really would SUCK. That is not really what I would have wanted my phone to be.

2GB of RAM, now that would be the only thing.
    Couldn't agree more, crxssi. I'd give it another 6 months before another smoker gets let out and puts our current phones to shame. Look how long it took for there to be new "Super" phone after the OG EVO.

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Ok so spec bumps are nice and yeah I would be great if the evo had a 1080 screen and 2 gigs of ram (and descent battery life with all that) but are evo owners really getting all that excited for the m7? The only thing I really want to see is sense 5 and see if it really is that much cleaner and better or just nicer to look at but still bloaty. If HTC wants me to get excited for a phone advertise features and not specs.
    Definitely, for me the big thing would be the newer screen tech which is apparently awesome, but our evo lte screens still outclass basically everything but the likes of the DNA and soon the m7. As for sense 5, whatever it'll bring to the table, at the very least we'll be able to upgrade to it unofficially.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Do u think that the Evo 4g lte will get jellybean 4.2

Global Posts
    1,532 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted Mk3

There's people saying that the m7 will be for multiple carriers. I hope its not true I am really hoping for sprint to get a flagship of their own. VZW already has the DNA and att has the Xperia line what else do they need.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Current Laptop - Samsung Ativ 4 Book, Ivy Bridge I7 @ 2.00GHz per Core, 8GB DDR3 Ram, Intel HD 4000, 750GB SATA

Please don't thank me unless I have helped you in some way, if you like my post then click like not thanks.

Check out my github @ https://github.com/gollum18 or My Android Applications @ http://lrdev.net76.net

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post
    There's people saying that the m7 will be for multiple carriers. I hope its not true I am really hoping for sprint to get a flagship of their own. VZW already has the DNA and att has the Xperia line what else do they need.

I'm so done with flagships. I love my EVO 4G LTE a lot more than my kids GS3s, but I think Samsung has the right approach, one phone for all carriers.

Just look how long it is taking for the thunderbolt to get ICS. If the thunderbolt was on multiple carriers there is no way it would have taken so long.
    So Cold likes this.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 Stable

as said earlier, wonder if we will get 4.2
    Moto Q9C------->Palm PRE------->Palm PRE--------->EVO 4G------>EVO 4G LTE------>HTC One M8

Quote Originally Posted by gollum18 View Post

Well carriers being able to differentiate themselves based on phones is alright, but if HTC released one flagship device on all carriers there's much less fragmentation and faster development.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I'm so done with flagships. I love my EVO 4G LTE a lot more than my kids GS3s, but I think Samsung has the right approach, one phone for all carriers.

Just look how long it is taking for the thunderbolt to get ICS. If the thunderbolt was on multiple carriers there is no way it would have taken so long.
    Not to mention next to no discussion of the Evo LTE when the One X gets updates. The S3 line had updates on all carriers much closer than the One X/Evo LTE. As much as I hate to say it, keeping things simple like Apple isn't a bad thing. HTC doesn't need to fragment their own phones like they've done in the past.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Perhaps [you are the only one]. Since it also has no kickstand. And no nice design elements either. And the lack of SD really would SUCK. That is not really what I would have wanted my phone to be.

2GB of RAM, now that would be the only thing.
    Agree. I don't want to lose my kickstand or sd slot.
    Not much on the M7 that I find interesting.
    Certainly not enough to leave EVO LTE.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

Ha glad I'm not the only one. I'll keep my evo, kickstand, and SD CARD...for now
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Is there anybody excited over the HTC M7??? I my self have mixed emotions over it

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMILL View Post
    Is there anybody excited over the HTC M7??? I my self have mixed emotions over it

Well the most important thing is if HTC really releases the One on all carriers. The phone itself probably won't be an industry game changer or anything. But that's just my take as someone who only upgrades every 2 years.

Everyone seems to be doing nothing but complaining about the M7 and praising the EVO over it. Shouldn't we all hope the M7 does well instead of bashing what it isn't? Everyone is speaking like they have facts when really nobody does until tomorrow. I hope it's enough to keep HTC in the game for my next upgrade.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    delthor7 likes this.

Its already been proven HTC has a poor marketing team. also there lack of support for older model phones is what is ruining their reputation. I think they will take a few queues from samsung's new playbook because at one point this was the same thing that was said about Samsung in the past. Limiting their releases so that they can focus on marketing and support will also need to be done. with that being said thou, I think sprint will be still committed to their evo line and would try to preserve the name and branding. It's normal for companies to discontinue phone models to keep inventory down as the product cycle begins again. Doesn't mean the "new" evo will be released anytime soon. also even thou the m7 may lack this feature or that one. If the carriers have their way again those features could be added such as the way the evo LTE was developed off of a one x. The evo has a kickstand and micro sd even thou it is basically a one x at heart. HTC has a small recognition value in customer eyes but they aren't the Juggernauts that APPLE and SAMSUNG currently are so I don't know how much bargaining power they are going to have at the moment with carriers as far as features and naming is concerns, but these are just my thoughts and we wont know the final word till this all plays out.
    Sent from my HTC EVO 4G....

.....yeah the LTE version
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12