Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New EVO LTE 4gen on its way in 2013???

I went to add a line on my service for my sister at bestbuy mobile today 1-28-13 and she wanted the new EVO 4g LTE and the sales rep told us that they discontinued the phone because a new one is in the works in disbelief we went to radio shack and they told us the exact samething so then I called Sprints customer care (611) and the lady said the EVO 4g LTE is now only being sold by HTC.com sprint stores and sprint.com because there clearing out inventory to make way for a 4gen EVO has anybody else heard the same thing?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: New EVO LTE 4gen on its way in 2013???

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMILL View Post
    I went to add a line on my service for my sister at bestbuy mobile today 1-28-13 and she wanted the new EVO 4g LTE and the sales rep told us that they discontinued the phone because a new one is in the works in disbelief we went to radio shack and they told us the exact samething so then I called Sprints customer care (611) and the lady said the EVO 4g LTE is now only being sold by HTC.com sprint stores and sprint.com because there clearing out inventory to make way for a 4gen EVO has anybody else heard the same thing?

Fast disco. Amazon has good prices for evo lte

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

It's the new HTC that will launch next month I believe the m7. The new flagship phone for HTC on sprint. Won't be a need to keep both phones in inventory

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Phone still shows up on Sprint site.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Bs. The sprint store I go to sells it IN STORE.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mellimel22 View Post
    Bs. The sprint store I go to sells it IN STORE.

That's what he said. "... the EVO 4g LTE is now only being sold by HTC.com sprint stores and sprint.com because...". Maybe the lack of commas is throwing people off. I had to read it twice.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    That's what he said. "... the EVO 4g LTE is now only being sold by HTC.com sprint stores and sprint.com because...". Maybe the lack of commas is throwing people off. I had to read it twice.
    Opps lol

Ah ok. Got it now.

Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,683 Global Posts

I wasn't aware they were planning on placing the "Evo" name on the M7. I guess we wait and see...

From what little we might know about the M7: No kickstand. No SD Card. Although it does have a camera button. Then it doesn't even retain the POGO pins of the OneX or even the back notification lamp of the DNA. Also, the rear is very boring/design-less.

I would have a hard time placing the name "Evo" on it, myself.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

ROM
    MeanROM 6.4

Still at Best Buy here in a few locations in Denver. My store has had boosting sales of the phone from the Super Bowl commercial the phone was featured on. I'm still wondering though if in our next shipment, the LTEvo will still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I wasn't aware they were planning on placing the "Evo" name on the M7. I guess we wait and see...

From what little we might know about the M7: No kickstand. No SD Card. Although it does have a camera button. Then it doesn't even retain the POGO pins of the OneX or even the back notification lamp of the DNA. Also, the rear is very boring/design-less.

I would have a hard time placing the name "Evo" on it, myself.
    Dunno, that's kind of how I felt about the Evo 3D when it came out, didn't seem like a direct evolution, just a kind of spacer product. In my mind the Evo LTE is the real "sequel" to the OG Evo. So with the M7 it could be the same deal, just kind of a newer faster phone under the same naming scheme.

Was reading specs on the m7 and the screen size is the same as my EVO LTE.. Nothing that gives a real wow factor in my opinion. I'm now thinking I will just stay with my EVO for another year and save the expense

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Am I the only one that believes that the M7 (minus possible lack of SD card) is what the LTE should have been?
    So Cold likes this.

What commercial was the phone in?

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    Am I the only one that believes that the M7 (minus lack of SD card) is what the LTE should have been?
    Lte is a bigger jump than the m7

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,683 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    Am I the only one that believes that the M7 (minus lack of SD card) is what the LTE should have been?
    Perhaps [you are the only one]. Since it also has no kickstand. And no nice design elements either. And the lack of SD really would SUCK. That is not really what I would have wanted my phone to be.

2GB of RAM, now that would be the only thing.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

As much as I'd like to see a bespoke Evo for Sprint in 2013, it makes more sense to follow a Samsung like approach. One phone on all major carriers.
    Mikey47 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
    As much as I'd like to see a bespoke Evo for Sprint in 2013, it makes more sense to follow a Samsung like approach. One phone on all major carriers.
    Couldn't agree more! I hate the "fragmentation" word, but think how much more focused you could be if you have the same device no matter the carrier!

It would be even better if somehow all the carriers in the U.S. would switch over to GSM and we could do away with CDMA. That way manufacturers could just focus on devices and carriers be damned.
    TonyLibations likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Couldn't agree more! I hate the "fragmentation" word, but think how much more focused you could be if you have the same device no matter the carrier!

It would be even better if somehow all the carriers in the U.S. would switch over to GSM and we could do away with CDMA. That way manufacturers could just focus on devices and carriers be damned.
    I agree. Going to GSM across the board simplifies everything in so many ways. I'm with you on focusing on devices.

Don't Evo's launch in summer?

Quote Originally Posted by BoredandTattooed View Post
    Don't Evo's launch in summer?
    Yes, typically late May or June, unless Apple interferes (which shouldn't happen now). The rumored M7 may not be the replacement to the Evo, but right now there isn't any info to further confirm or deny.

I'd really like them to offer all HTC phones as vanilla or Sense equipped. They should let you choose during the setup if you'd like to use Sense, or if you'd rather have a vanilla Android system.

Global Posts
    2,683 Global Posts

I'd really like them to offer all HTC phones as vanilla or Sense equipped. They should let you choose during the setup if you'd like to use Sense, or if you'd rather have a vanilla Android system.
    +1 But I wouldn't hold your breath on that ever happening.

+1 But I wouldn't hold your breath on that ever happening.
    Wishful thinking, I know. I've become spoiled by my Nexus 7.

Global Posts
    2,683 Global Posts

Wishful thinking, I know. I've become spoiled by my Nexus 7.
    And I by my Nexus 10.
    nightmare likes this.

And I by my Nexus 10.
    I think its amazing the level of bloat that Sense adds. My N7 uses 500mb or so when idle, but my Evo uses almost 900mb with fewer programs installed. There's something wrong with that.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast