Google wallet

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how many people have actually tried Google wallet but I was able to make my first purchase this past weekend. It was a soda from a vending machine. Didn't have the change on me and I saw the wallet logo on the machine so I woke my EVO and held to the scanner and it worked like a charm. Such a convenient way to make a purchase. Any other people tried it with any vendors?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have only used it at McDonald's, a cigar store, and a gas station. I keep looking for more places. Wherever I have used it, people are amazed.

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I've used it every chance I see pass pay get a lot of puzzled looks from cashiers and the customers behind me... next get asked what did.. I say I used google wallet I get more puzzled looks.. Then I say it's a app on my phone... walk out

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried to use it often when I first got the phone, but it would fail so often that I lost interest in it. Many times the system didn't work at the store, but I now know most of the time it was the multi-tasking issue that was jamming up the app. Too often I'm standing in 7-11 looking like a dumbass because it wouldn't work and that kind of turned me off lol.

DANO7024

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I've used it at fast food places and CVS stores,but wish more places would offer this choice. I haven't had any problems as of yet and the clerks all seem curious about what I'm doing at first now they see me coming and say are you paying with the phone? Gotta love it!

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
When I got the phone at launch I made a day out of going to all the stores in a 5 mile radius of the main city I'm near and tried out Google Wallet. Verdict.......out of only about 15 stores that supposedly supported the function...only 2 of them worked. Haven't really bothered with it since. In all honesty I was really hoping the S3 or the iPhone 5 was going to help push mobile payments...because lets face it...NFC payments will never take off unless the most popular phones are pushing it as a selling point. Personally if I could do away with carrying anything on me except my phone(but of course have physical back ups of license/credit/debit cards in the car/at home) I would in a heartbeat.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I use it at Home Depot and a grocery store. Never got it to work at the 7-11 I go to. If I'm at a location that I don't know that it works at and there is a line behind me I won't try it.

I did have a clerk at Home Depot challenge my payment once because she didn't believe that it was valid.

calvinserrano

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Mostly everywhere at the mall now, from Foot Locker to American Eagle and sometimes Macys.

The occasional McDonalds when im not on the Drive Thru, and the 7-11. I got it to work at Best Buy once, but that was it, once.

Its the reactions that get me the most. Most people know me as the "guy who pays with his phone" everywhere I usually go. I like seeing new employees' faces when I start using it. And the reactions are the main examples I drive everywhere around denver to buy some Chicken McNuggets.

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It's worked everywhere I've tried it...7-11, Whataburger, vending machines....Im just waiting for it to be more widely adopted cause I'll leave my wallet at home constantly but Im never without my phone

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I rode the UTA Trax line today (Utah Train System) and they have this "tap on tap off" system, where to board the train all you have to do is scan your phone at a terminal and hop on, then scan again when you get off. It is very handy when a train is at the station and it is about to leave and you don't have a ticket. Just tap and go. To check tickets, the authorities hop on your train randomly with a little device with NFC built in, so you just tap your phone and it tells them whether you have paid or not. I have noticed though that of the 5 times I've used the tap on tap off system, I've never been charged for the ride, (Google Wallet always says "unknown status") and when the authorities came to me for my ticket today and scanned my phone, a red "ERROR" message appeared on his device and he said "That seems about right" and walked away. It was pretty funny. Dunno what's up, but hey, free train ride.

One thing that bugs me though, is that living in Salt Lake City, I hear about this ISIS wallet thing constantly and how it's so "revolutionary" and you need a special SIM card to use it and blah blah blah. I love having Sprint, because I can still use Google Wallet. All the Verizon users are blocked from using Google Wallet and have to use ISIS. I went to Verizon a couple days ago and they had a vending machine for "Susie's Lemonade" (teehee) and the text scrolling across the price thing said something about being an ISIS only machine, and you needed a representative to get a demo... so I pulled out my phone, tapped it, got my lemonade for a cent. The employees were kinda stunned. So I bought another one. Susie's Lemonade sucks, though. Unless you like straight lemons.

1ZHrW

(Sorry for the ginormous photo. Dunno how to scale it. Here's the link: http://puu.sh/1ZHrW)

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I rode the UTA Trax line today (Utah Train System) and they have this "tap on tap off" system, where to board the train all you have to do is scan your phone at a terminal and hop on, then scan again when you get off. It is very handy when a train is at the station and it is about to leave and you don't have a ticket. Just tap and go. To check tickets, the authorities hop on your train randomly with a little device with NFC built in, so you just tap your phone and it tells them whether you have paid or not. I have noticed though that of the 5 times I've used the tap on tap off system, I've never been charged for the ride, (Google Wallet always says "unknown status") and when the authorities came to me for my ticket today and scanned my phone, a red "ERROR" message appeared on his device and he said "That seems about right" and walked away. It was pretty funny. Dunno what's up, but hey, free train ride.

One thing that bugs me though, is that living in Salt Lake City, I hear about this ISIS wallet thing constantly and how it's so "revolutionary" and you need a special SIM card to use it and blah blah blah. I love having Sprint, because I can still use Google Wallet. All the Verizon users are blocked from using Google Wallet and have to use ISIS. I went to Verizon a couple days ago and they had a vending machine for "Susie's Lemonade" (teehee) and the text scrolling across the price thing said something about being an ISIS only machine, and you needed a representative to get a demo... so I pulled out my phone, tapped it, got my lemonade for a cent. The employees were kinda stunned. So I bought another one. Susie's Lemonade sucks, though. Unless you like straight lemons.

http://puu.sh/1ZHrW

(Sorry for the ginormous photo. Dunno how to scale it. Here's the link: http://puu.sh/1ZHrW)

I have nothing of value to add.. But, I enjoyed reading that and thought you should know. Thanks!

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma