Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Default Re: New update 3.16.651.3.710D available now!

Since this update, I am having 2 issues.

1) Ringer volume goes to its lowest setting and wont move. If I use the volume rocker switch, the volume display window pops up, but the slider stays at the lowest position. If I try to drag the slider with my finger, as soon as I let off the slider it goes back to the lowest setting.

2) nova launcher is forgetting that its the default app. Sense seems to be taking over even after I launch nova.

Proximity sensor fix is working, so im happy about that.

Make sure that you have nova set as your default launcher. When I updated somehow my default went back to sense. Took me a bit too figure it out but once I did that fixed my issues. Hope that's all it is

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by Shardak View Post
    Since this update, I am having 2 issues.

1) Ringer volume goes to its lowest setting and wont move. If I use the volume rocker switch, the volume display window pops up, but the slider stays at the lowest position. If I try to drag the slider with my finger, as soon as I let off the slider it goes back to the lowest setting.

2) nova launcher is forgetting that its the default app. Sense seems to be taking over even after I launch nova.

Proximity sensor fix is working, so im happy about that.
    My problem with the volume rocker is that it brings up the media volume instead of my ringer volume.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by quorra View Post
    My problem with the volume rocker is that it brings up the media volume instead of my ringer volume.
    The volume control that comes up depends on what you are doing at the time, which is normal. If you have anything playing any type of sound, it will control that and not the ringer. Otherwise, it is likely something you have installed that is causing it.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Just updated to 3.16.651.3 710RD yesterday. Now I can't upload pictures taken with my phone to Facebook. When I try it shows them uploading but after it hits 100% it says the upload failed. I can upload to Twitter, Goggle+, and send as Email, but NOT upload to Facebook. Is this something in the latest update or a Facebook problem? This is when trying to upload from the Gallery or via the FAcebook app on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by AAngel3 View Post
    Just updated to 3.16.651.3 710RD yesterday. Now I can't upload pictures taken with my phone to Facebook. When I try it shows them uploading but after it hits 100% it says the upload failed. I can upload to Twitter, Goggle+, and send as Email, but NOT upload to Facebook. Is this something in the latest update or a Facebook problem? This is when trying to upload from the Gallery or via the FAcebook app on my phone.
    The same thing happened to me. Eventually it worked. Restarting the phone a few times seemed to do the trick. Either that or it was that I cleared Facebook cache.. or maybe it was the combination of the two. Either way, it works now.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts

The only problem I have had since the update is that my power button is very slow to react at times. Sometimes I have to press it several times and hold it down before the lock screen comes up. At other times it responds right away. Never had this problem before the update.

I've been in Guatemala for a few weeks and haven't been able to update but I'm getting ready to come home this week. I feel so behind

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Is foxfi working again? I haven't upgraded to jb yet because of that.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NicksGarage View Post
    Is foxfi working again?
    Nope
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Nope
    Thanks. I'll keep waiting.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Since updating, Google Maps/Nav keeps crashing.

More specifically, after finding and address, asking to Navigate there, Nav opens and starts giving instructions.

Shortly after, I get a message that Maps has stopped working, and the map disappears form the screen.

If I wait patiently, Nav WILL continue to give me instruction without the map!

This is 100% reproducible.

Stephen

No more camera shutter sound! Yay!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."
    balansboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sgreen0 View Post
    Since updating, Google Maps/Nav keeps crashing.

More specifically, after finding and address, asking to Navigate there, Nav opens and starts giving instructions.

Shortly after, I get a message that Maps has stopped working, and the map disappears form the screen.

If I wait patiently, Nav WILL continue to give me instruction without the map!

This is 100% reproducible.

Stephen
    I haven't updated yet, so this concerns me. I also haven't updated Google Maps since before the Jellybean update because of the problems other people were having. So my maps and navigation are currently working fine.

Stephen, is your Google Maps the latest one (Dec 17, 2012 dated)? And to anyone else that has updated to 3.16.65.3 710D, are you having problems with Google Maps/Navigation too? I'd like to find out if the system update is to blame for Stephen's Map/Nav problem or if it's because of the Dec 17, 2012 Maps update.

To reiterate, I am still on software version 3.15.651.16 710RD, running Jellybean, and haven't updated Google Maps since before the Dec 17, 2012 version (which is the most recent), and my Maps/Navigation are running without problems. I'd like to update to software version 3.16... but if it breaks Google Maps/Navigation, I won't.

I don't know the date on the Maps app, but it says version 6.10.0.

I tried uninstalling Maps, and it seems to have re installed itself.

My wife, show also has an Evo 4G LTE, has switched to TeleNav for now.

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by blorgon View Post
    I haven't updated yet, so this concerns me. I also haven't updated Google Maps since before the Jellybean update because of the problems other people were having. So my maps and navigation are currently working fine.

Stephen, is your Google Maps the latest one (Dec 17, 2012 dated)? And to anyone else that has updated to 3.16.65.3 710D, are you having problems with Google Maps/Navigation too? I'd like to find out if the system update is to blame for Stephen's Map/Nav problem or if it's because of the Dec 17, 2012 Maps update.

To reiterate, I am still on software version 3.15.651.16 710RD, running Jellybean, and haven't updated Google Maps since before the Dec 17, 2012 version (which is the most recent), and my Maps/Navigation are running without problems. I'd like to update to software version 3.16... but if it breaks Google Maps/Navigation, I won't.
    It's my understanding that if you weren't broke in 3.15 you won't be broke in 3.16. My google nav/maps has always worked.

ROM
    Stock

i'll give my .02 cents... since the january update, this phone has been rock-solid. the only real issue i ever encountered prior to that, was the proximity sensor. that problem was fixed with the january update and i am pretty much 100% happy.

i've had this phone since august, i've never had to rebuild it nor had to trade it in. i do scrutinize every app i install and don't change too much so i know if something has caused problems. i check for updates weekly, clean out old messages, clear cache, reboot, etc on a weekly basis. i think being diligent with the maintenance helps keep it running at tip top shape.
    balansboy and Zookeeper63 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sgreen0 View Post
    I don't know the date on the Maps app, but it says version 6.10.0.

I tried uninstalling Maps, and it seems to have re installed itself.

My wife, show also has an Evo 4G LTE, has switched to TeleNav for now.

Stephen
    Hmm, just checked my Maps version, it's 6.14.0. Weird, your version is lower than mine even though you recently re-installed?

Mikey47 & top magoo, thanks for the info. I think I'll chance the update. Would either of you advise updating Maps as well? Like I said, it's working fine, but I prefer to keep apps updated when possible.

Hmm, just checked my Maps version, it's 6.14.0. Weird, your version is lower than mine even though you recently re-installed?

Mikey47 & top magoo, thanks for the info. I think I'll chance the update. Would either of you advise updating Maps as well? Like I said, it's working fine, but I prefer to keep apps updated when possible.
    My Maps is 6.14.2. I always stay up to date unless there is wide spread issues with an update. Sure there are some here that have issues with maps on 3.16, but iv think there sac bigger group that had the issue when going to jelly bean in the first place. Since you've made the jump there, I'm predicting you are going to be fine going to 3.16.

ROM
    Stock

my maps is at version 6.14.2 .
    i believe i have all apps as "auto-update" and i keep a backup of the previous install .apk on my astro file manager.

Was really wanting to update but not if Foxfi is still not working.

My face unlock setting has been missing since the jb update, since the new one, battery life is worse, and i am having a lot of lag and random reboots. Should I get that nexus tablet refresh coming in may? or should i pool it into the ONE right now?

Global Posts
    825 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by redriverd View Post
    Was really wanting to update but not if Foxfi is still not working.
    I was in the same boat but finally gave in and updated. Just got passed a trip where I needed to wireless tether so from now on I'll be usb tethering. Just won't be able to connect my tablet.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123