New update 3.16.651.3.710D available now!

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for letting me know. I went into the voicemail app and checked for the update. Will let you know if the sound quality is better.

Old version T.5.3.1.20
New version T.5.3.3.14

It is still slow, still has that stupid premium crap icon you can't get off the screen, now I can't use the speakerphone while connected to bluetooth (which is incredibly stupid- no such limitation on the phone app), and the audio quality is still horrible (which really has nothing to do with the voicemail app, it sounds like that because their servers are recording it at a HORRIBLY low bitrate).

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Old version T.5.3.1.20
New version T.5.3.3.14

It is still slow, still has that stupid premium crap icon you can't get off the screen, now I can't use the speakerphone while connected to bluetooth (which is incredibly stupid- no such limitation on the phone app), and the audio quality is still horrible (which really has nothing to do with the voicemail app, it sounds like that because their servers are recording it at a HORRIBLY low bitrate).
Yep. It still sucks. Rest of phone keeps getting better.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
My Google nav still crashes. I uninstalled and reinstalled Google maps. Ill try it out in a few hours.

Never mind still crashes. :O

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

SlackBlade

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My bluetooth music streaming seems to be working correctly now. It is not clipping anymore when streaming my music to my car.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ufergus

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Just tried the suggested maps work around by putting Nav in 2D mode and no kidding it actually worked for me. I have tried every other 'fix' with no luck until now. Your mileage may vary but tap the compass to try toggling modes.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
My bluetooth music streaming seems to be working correctly now. It is not clipping anymore when streaming my music to my car.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

I was having this problem too with various Bluetooth devices. Seems to be way smoother now.

ay

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Just tried the suggested maps work around by putting Nav in 2D mode and no kidding it actually worked for me. I have tried every other 'fix' with no luck until now. Your mileage may vary but tap the compass to try toggling modes.

Worked for me too! Thanks for the tip!

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Good news- it looks like there really *ARE* improvements in bluetooth... my Evo LTE is always connected to my home phone system. When I get into my car, it is still connected. It used to be when I drive away, it simply would never connect to the car. I could turn off bluetooth and back on with no effect. I could even attempt to manually connect, but to no avail. I would have to turn off the CAR then back on (which of course I am not going to do) or I would have to manually go in and disconnect from the home phone system first, before starting the car (too much hassle).

After this update- it just works. Once I get out of range of the home phone system while in the car, the Evo almost immediately [automatically] connects to the car! I don't think the sound quality has improved much, though.

Shardak

May 24, 2012
Visit site
Since this update, I am having 2 issues.

1) Ringer volume goes to its lowest setting and wont move. If I use the volume rocker switch, the volume display window pops up, but the slider stays at the lowest position. If I try to drag the slider with my finger, as soon as I let off the slider it goes back to the lowest setting.

2) nova launcher is forgetting that its the default app. Sense seems to be taking over even after I launch nova.

Proximity sensor fix is working, so im happy about that.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Make sure that you have nova set as your default launcher. When I updated somehow my default went back to sense. Took me a bit too figure it out but once I did that fixed my issues. Hope that's all it is

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

quorra

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Since this update, I am having 2 issues.

1) Ringer volume goes to its lowest setting and wont move. If I use the volume rocker switch, the volume display window pops up, but the slider stays at the lowest position. If I try to drag the slider with my finger, as soon as I let off the slider it goes back to the lowest setting.

2) nova launcher is forgetting that its the default app. Sense seems to be taking over even after I launch nova.

Proximity sensor fix is working, so im happy about that.

My problem with the volume rocker is that it brings up the media volume instead of my ringer volume.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My problem with the volume rocker is that it brings up the media volume instead of my ringer volume.

The volume control that comes up depends on what you are doing at the time, which is normal. If you have anything playing any type of sound, it will control that and not the ringer. Otherwise, it is likely something you have installed that is causing it.

AAngel3

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Just updated to 3.16.651.3 710RD yesterday. Now I can't upload pictures taken with my phone to Facebook. When I try it shows them uploading but after it hits 100% it says the upload failed. I can upload to Twitter, Goggle+, and send as Email, but NOT upload to Facebook. Is this something in the latest update or a Facebook problem? This is when trying to upload from the Gallery or via the FAcebook app on my phone.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to 3.16.651.3 710RD yesterday. Now I can't upload pictures taken with my phone to Facebook. When I try it shows them uploading but after it hits 100% it says the upload failed. I can upload to Twitter, Goggle+, and send as Email, but NOT upload to Facebook. Is this something in the latest update or a Facebook problem? This is when trying to upload from the Gallery or via the FAcebook app on my phone.

The same thing happened to me. Eventually it worked. Restarting the phone a few times seemed to do the trick. Either that or it was that I cleared Facebook cache.. or maybe it was the combination of the two. Either way, it works now.

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

jc924

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
The only problem I have had since the update is that my power button is very slow to react at times. Sometimes I have to press it several times and hold it down before the lock screen comes up. At other times it responds right away. Never had this problem before the update.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I've been in Guatemala for a few weeks and haven't been able to update but I'm getting ready to come home this week. I feel so behind