- 1 Posts
Dead Strip on Touchscreen
Just recently my screen became unresponsive and sporadic. I downloaded a screen test and it shows an entire strip on the screen that is "dead". The phone has never been dropped, I am not using a screen protector (no scratches) and the phone is not rooted. I spent some time browsing the archives but there wasn't a definitive answer. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? Attached are a few screenshots.
Thanks for the help in advance.
- 02-02-2013, 11:44 PM #2
Re: Dead Strip on Touchscreen
I had the exact same problem in exactly the same place. I found that if I pushed on the top right corner of the screen I could make it go crazy. If you turn on the "show touches" option in developer options, you will see where its putting false touches.
I went to the sprint store and they said the digitizer was bad. Option was to wait until they could find a donor phone with a digitizer or just get a refurb. I opted for the refurb because the phone was useless at times since most check boxes show up in the center where the no-touch area is.
On a side note, your post is the first I've seen with the issue.HTC EVO 4G LTE - stock for now
Nexus 10 - stock
G Tablet - Dirty Bean JB by TeamDRH 5.3
- By Sparky223 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 6Last Post: 02-29-2012, 02:47 PM
- By zxphenomenalxz in forum Droid RAZRReplies: 2Last Post: 11-28-2011, 07:17 PM
- By jburke82 in forum AT&T Inspire 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 11-09-2011, 05:10 AM
- By Monkey Pi in forum VerizonReplies: 0Last Post: 11-08-2011, 01:33 PM
- By dpham00 in forum Verizon HTC ThunderboltReplies: 5Last Post: 05-25-2011, 10:05 AM