Updating issues?

Hemipwr07

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am having a few issues here.I heard about the new HTC Software update and manually checked it on my phone. The "download" screen pops up that gives you the option to download or choose later. Everytime I try to download it says "downloading check notification screen for updates" but nothing ever happens. This has happened this whole week. I've reset my phone numerous times with nothing. I cleared the data on the Google Framework and still nothing.
Whenever I do restart the phone I get an error message that says "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped working". I say ok, and it pops up a few seconds later again. I tried a Firmware update but it says there is no update but I know there is because Im still on 3.15.651.16.710RD and 3.16 is out. (I am on 4.1.1 at least)

So not really sure what to do next. Is there a way to manually download it from the website or something? I looked and saw nothing. Any advice/help would be appreciated!

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am having a few issues here.I heard about the new HTC Software update and manually checked it on my phone. The "download" screen pops up that gives you the option to download or choose later. Everytime I try to download it says "downloading check notification screen for updates" but nothing ever happens. This has happened this whole week. I've reset my phone numerous times with nothing. I cleared the data on the Google Framework and still nothing.
Whenever I do restart the phone I get an error message that says "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped working". I say ok, and it pops up a few seconds later again. I tried a Firmware update but it says there is no update but I know there is because Im still on 3.15.651.16.710RD and 3.16 is out. (I am on 4.1.1 at least)

So not really sure what to do next. Is there a way to manually download it from the website or something? I looked and saw nothing. Any advice/help would be appreciated!

Are you rooted?

Also, it's not a Firmware update - it will be a HTC Software Update

Hemipwr07

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Sorry forgot to say I'm not rooted. And yea I know, its an HTC update I'm just saying that I am still a Firmware update behind and an HTC update behind

Hemipwr07

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Ok cool thanks. I always have a new problem - I can't download ANYTHING in the play store. I can click install, accept then the screen resets and acts like nothing happened. This is getting annoying....I don't get why everything is messing up all the sudden

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry forgot to say I'm not rooted. And yea I know, its an HTC update I'm just saying that I am still a Firmware update behind and an HTC update behind

You keep saying you're a firmware update behind, but there has never been a firmware update so we're confused.

Hemipwr07

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm the confused one then ha. I was doing some research before posting my question and I saw a few people say the were running firmware version 3.16 whatever whatever which is different than my 3.15 stuff. So I thought I was behind but nevermind that part.

My main issues are 1. I cannot download the HTC update 2. The com.Google.process.gapps error screen keeps popping up and idk wat that is and 3. My play store is all jacked up (I can't download anything). Any ideas what's happening?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
You said earlier that you've reset the phone numerous times, but what exactly is that? Is that a restart or a complete shutdown? More importantly, have you performed a hard reset or cleared the cache partition?

Hemipwr07

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
You said earlier that you've reset the phone numerous times, but what exactly is that? Is that a restart or a complete shutdown? More importantly, have you performed a hard reset or cleared the cache partition?

I have restarted my phone multiple times as well as a complete shutdown. I have also cleared the cache of the Google framework and internet then restarted with no change. I have not hard reset yet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance