Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Buckeyes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Extended Battery Case

So I was looking for an extended battery case (like the mophie cases for iPhone) for the EVOLTE, and found this from Seidio...

Does anyone have any experience with this case, or know of any other battery cases for the phone?
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Extended Battery Case

I was wondering the same thing. I would like an extended case with battery. Seidio are good products, but I have only read a few reviews on this product.

Crazy, I was searching around on the net for one today too. The Seidio was the only one I found.
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Crazy, I was searching around on the net for one today too. The Seidio was the only one I found.
    I believe it is the only one.

SEIDIO Releases Innocell™ Plus Power Case for the HTC EVO 4G LTE
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:

This is awesome!!

ROM
    HTC Sense

I didnt think this was possible since the evo lte doesnt have a removal battery. I will wait for more comments before making a move.

I could only find the one listed here.. I was thinking about getting one but for 70 bucks I think I will pass mine gets me through a day and I normally have my charger. I wonder how it would fit in my car mount.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Ok. I ordered the case from Amazon and got it today. Didn't add much bulk to the phone. Typical Seidio case. I charged it for about two hours, which is less than recommended. So far it seems to charge pretty well. I'm going to charge it to the recommended level tonight, and then I'll report back with a more objective review later.

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beanznrice View Post
    I didnt think this was possible since the evo lte doesnt have a removal battery. I will wait for more comments before making a move.
    The Evo LTE does have a removable battery. But it takes several minutes and the use of a screwdriver. It doesn't have a quick-swap battery.

The extended external battery case is not a replacement battery, it is a case that contains a second, "external" battery. This extra battery can then charge the Evo's battery through an included USB connector. A new USB socket is provided on the case for data and charging both the case's battery and the Evo's battery with a wall charger or computer connection.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

I noticed the case stuck out at the charger jack. Is that the way it really is?

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    I noticed the case stuck out at the charger jack. Is that the way it really is?
    Yep. It has to plug into the usb port on the phone. Seems like they could have done it differently with a lower profile, but I have not touch/used the case, so I don't know the exact design challenges involved.

ROM
    HTC Sense

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    The Evo LTE does have a removable battery. But it takes several minutes and the use of a screwdriver. It doesn't have a quick-swap battery.

The extended external battery case is not a replacement battery, it is a case that contains a second, "external" battery. This extra battery can then charge the Evo's battery through an included USB connector. A new USB socket is provided on the case for data and charging both the case's battery and the Evo's battery with a wall charger or computer connection.
    I see. Thanks for correcting me on that.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

wow, I'm surprised this came out, this phone is pretty much end of life for sure. can't imagine that Seido will make any money on these.

Global Posts
    2,208 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tivoboy View Post
    wow, I'm surprised this came out, this phone is pretty much end of life for sure. can't imagine that Seido will make any money on these.
    ???

The Evo LTE just came out 9 months ago. The Seidio case was released 2.25 months ago, which was just 6.75 months after the Evo LTE was released. I think it would be unusual to see any custom product from Seidio come out for a phone less than 6 months old.

Ok, I've had the extended battery case for about a week now. It does what it's supposed to do, which is charge the phone while in use. Be advised however, that it's does add weight and bulk to the phone. It especially seems to feel like a small brick in my hand. But it does the job pretty well. It went from about 48% to 100% in about three hours. While this may seem to be a while, I was using the phone during the charge. Overall, this is a descent product. Not the best from Seidio, but it serves it's purpose.
    It's not the most stylish case on the market, but if you're looking for something to protect and charge your EVO LTE, Seidio has the only product out there at this time.
    Thanked by:
    balansboy likes this.