Go sms is spamming!

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I love go sms. My only real problem is that I get text messages regarding new themes. I got 3 today. I don't want any spam advertising about new themes. Is there a way to opt out? I paid for a theme and like my theme. It's annoying as hell.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Last edited:

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Help with question about go sms

Have you tried blocking TXT's from that #?

I did that just now. So I'm hoping any texts don't come through.. Didn't know of any other thing to do... I just got another one that the icon just came up as blocked. Now I have that icon on the phone.. Wtf is up with go sms for doing this today. 4 texts to me?

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

4 texts advertising new winter theme in last hour each one blocked! This better stop or in pulling it. I already left a comment on the app store. Never had this before

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

Ok... Seems is happen to many people.. If you go to app store and read the most recent comments this winter theme is spamming people..

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I left all go products along time ago. To much spam. And wait till you get ads in your notification bar. Super annoying.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

umpirerob

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'll give it a day... If it isn't fixed, I'll be going back to Handcent.

Sent from my HTC Mecha with 4.0.4 (Finally!) using Tapatalk.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Guess I'll try hansent.. Not sure how good it is.. I removed go sms.. Went to their website and it's all in Chinese any way.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Yes they are a Chinese company. Another reason I left.
Guess I'll try hansent.. Not sure how good it is.. I removed go sms.. Went to their website and it's all in Chinese any way.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Do what I did, use their app against themselves, just add that contact to you blacklist in GoSMS, that way you will never see another spam message from GoSMS. Works perfectly.

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I switched to Chomp long ago and never looked back. Too much Go bloatware and having to pay every 6 months for Facebook avatars really turned me off. Get these with Chomp for free, and no bloat or spamming.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I switched to Chomp long ago and never looked back. Too much Go bloatware and having to pay every 6 months for Facebook avatars really turned me off. Get these with Chomp for free, and no bloat or spamming.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Yes I installed chomp last night and I haven't been happier! I paid the small fee to remove ads. I don't mind doing that for a good product.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

everlast316

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
The blacklist worked for me too. I'm not a fan of go, but they are the only app I've found that handles group sms well. I have too many friends with iphones and it's native group text, so this is a necessity for me.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
The blacklist did not work for me. I had to set up private Inbox and have them all sent there directly. I was getting them every 2-3 minutes! If it happens again, I'm ditching the Go app, already got rid of the launcher. Too many good apps out there to put up with this spamming crap.

What?! ...I'm msndrstood.
via Gnex

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, I got spammed a lot from GoSMS when I was on my Nexus 4. But since I've switched back to my GS3, I really don't get any spam from them at all. Interesting, I wonder if there's any correlation here.