Okay so I know how you can force the LTE to reset itself (holding down the power button + volume down), but how do you force it completely off?

I just a little bit ago dropped my phone in water. The physical buttons work, and the lights on the bottom "touch" buttons light up. I am getting all sounds (text messages, emails, and someone tried calling me) , but the screen itself is blank. the touch buttons do not work (though vibrate works too), and I get no screen.

I've been trying to force the EVO to power off as I have it in a bag of rice, but I don't know how. The power + volume down only restarted the phone which I don't want.. I want it completely off!

Any ideas? or should I just leave it be.. the battery is almost dead anyways (it's on the orange flashing light) and let the battery die on it's own.. I just don't know.

Just hoping I'm not screwed here
    02-14-2013 06:28 PM
    Well...if you get it to restart while holding volume down it will go into the bootloader (even if you can't see it on the screen).

Press volume Down button 3 times and then press the Power button....that should shut it down.
    02-15-2013 02:42 PM
    By the time I figured it out it had already died.

Just tried the phone this evening. The screen now comes on, and all the options in terms of power button/camera/volume work, but the touch screen is unresponsive. When in my car, the car dock works, and the bluetooth connects. I can send/receive calls... so the only thing not working is that touch screen....

It's back in rice for now..
    02-15-2013 05:31 PM