- 3 Posts
Force powering the LTE off??
Okay so I know how you can force the LTE to reset itself (holding down the power button + volume down), but how do you force it completely off?
I just a little bit ago dropped my phone in water. The physical buttons work, and the lights on the bottom "touch" buttons light up. I am getting all sounds (text messages, emails, and someone tried calling me) , but the screen itself is blank. the touch buttons do not work (though vibrate works too), and I get no screen.
I've been trying to force the EVO to power off as I have it in a bag of rice, but I don't know how. The power + volume down only restarted the phone which I don't want.. I want it completely off!
Any ideas? or should I just leave it be.. the battery is almost dead anyways (it's on the orange flashing light) and let the battery die on it's own.. I just don't know.
Just hoping I'm not screwed here
- 02-15-2013, 03:42 PM #2
- 3 Posts
Re: Force powering the LTE off??
By the time I figured it out it had already died.
Just tried the phone this evening. The screen now comes on, and all the options in terms of power button/camera/volume work, but the touch screen is unresponsive. When in my car, the car dock works, and the bluetooth connects. I can send/receive calls... so the only thing not working is that touch screen....
It's back in rice for now..
- By giper54 in forum VerizonReplies: 5Last Post: 05-27-2012, 08:30 AM
- By ftgg99 in forum Tablet AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-29-2012, 01:19 PM
- By kalldrexx in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2011, 12:35 PM
- By Saepak in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 22Last Post: 05-20-2010, 01:33 PM
- By n813ca in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 12Last Post: 03-22-2010, 07:45 PM