EVO 4g lte locked on HBOOT page....

Angie Hansen

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Need help...before I throw this phone out the window. I did an automatic upgrade last night and it worked fine afterwards, then this morning somehow I ended up on the HBOOT page. I have seen this page before and can usually choose to exit or fastboot and it works fine again....this time I can't get off this page. Also top of the page in hot pink highlighting it say "LOCKED". I don't remember seeing that before. I can scroll through the options... fastboot, recovery, factory reset, etc, however when I press the power button to choose an option it doesn't do anything. If i hold down down volume and power button, it will turn off, but then when pressing power again it comes straight back to locked hboot screen. Tried plugging into computer, no reaction from cell or computer. I am worried about all my pics on my cell that are not saved to the SD card. What else should I do?
FYI the code under LOCKED says:
JEWEL PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.09.0000
RADIO-1.12.11.1210
(I have treid googling some of this, but the advise gets complicated real quick--i'm not that tech savy)

Thanks for any help

ak074

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
all you should have to do is hold the power button for about a minute. you see the bottom lights flashing (back/home/recent) about 10 times then the phone should power off completely. let me know if this helps :)

slinkies

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It seems as though you've somehow deleted your recovery and should definitely try to flash a new one CWM blows I've always used TWRP and it's never let me down...

Sent from the beast that is the OG on 4.3.1 clocked at 1.89ghz on the best kernel ever written!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech