Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kronosqq
  • 1 Post By Quis89
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC is offering up to $300 for trade in for an upgrade

But the EVOLTE is only worth $60! What gives? The S3 is worth $150...

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: HTC is offering up to $300 for trade in for an upgrade

I'm assuming the s3 is worth more for the simple fact that it sold 3 times the amount of the EVO 4g LTE making the value higher because of the demand for it if HTC wants to stay relevant they better market their products better plus add key features

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMILL View Post
    I'm assuming the s3 is worth more for the simple fact that it sold 3 times the amount of the EVO 4g LTE making the value higher because of the demand for it if HTC wants to stay relevant they better market their products better plus add key features

The value is only higher if there's huge demand and not enough product to go around, and there's plenty. I will give you that HTC's big issue is marketing or lack thereof though.

Zookeeper63 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I agree...HTC's marketing is poor. I would think it would be better for them to not be so carrier specific.

Global Posts
    760 Global Posts

I assume their goal is to get you away from competitor products and to their own. If so, why would they give you much for their own devices?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    Mikey47 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Quis View Post
    I assume their goal is to get you away from competitor products and to their own. If so, why would they give you much for their own devices?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums
    One would think, however they're giving $115 for the One X. Almost twice as much for practically the same phone.

With the One being offered on all carriers, I think we will see HTC market the hell out of it. We will most likely see not only carrier advertisement commercials and ads for it, but actual HTC commercials. They must if they want to compete with Samsung and Apple.

Thanked by:

Can you produce a link for us to see what other devices are going for..
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,478 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrene View Post
    But the EVOLTE is only worth $60! What gives? The S3 is worth $150...

Where did you see "up to $300"?
    Android Central Moderator

Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Where did you see "up to $300"?
    It was on the HTC website on the date I originally posted.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

I think it is outrageous that HTC would only offer $60 for their own phone that came out less than a year ago. And on top of that they offer $150 for S3. I will never purchase a HTC phone again.

Quote Originally Posted by dagold99 View Post
    I think it is outrageous that HTC would only offer $60 for their own phone that came out less than a year ago. And on top of that they offer $150 for S3. I will never purchase a HTC phone again.
    In think you're completely missing the point. Every company does similar things. They want people who have other phones to switch to HTC more than they want people who already have an HTC phone.

Haven't done it, but I bet if you search Craigslist and such you will see higher prices there for the gs3 than you will for the HTC EVO 4G LTE. The gs3 is a much more popular phone and thus demand a higher price.

Global Posts
    149 Global Posts

I politely disagree with you Mikey47. I think HTC #1 goal is to sell has many phones as they can. I don't think they really care who they sell the phones too. And the reason I am not happy is because I want a phone that I can sell after my contract is up every 2 years on Craigslist. By having HTC offer such a low value on there own phone, I believe I will receive less on Craigslist. One of the reasons some people buy a Mercedes over a Honda is because Mercedes tends to hold there value a little more when their ready to sell. I just think HTC should try to help maintain some type of resell value with their own phones. I think it makes HTC look really bad when their phone is worth so much less than Samsung. Just my opinion.

dagold99 i dont think the price of devices being sold on craigs list is going to be affected by HTC. There are so many other opportunities to get money for a device that HTC probably isnt on many peoples radar.. Sprint offers buy back, Best buy takes trade ins as well. Not to mention all the websites who offer to buy old phones.
    Supply and demand will set the price for the equipment, not HTC low balling their own product on their website for buyback.
    True HTC fans will pay more then others. Especially when some devices are carrier dependent, thinking EVO LTE. If someone really wants one on craigs list they will pay for it.