Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Default Re: Will anyone trade in their EVO for the HTC one(M7)?

Nope, I think it's a good iteration for HTC though. But I think you are way to tunnel visioned on HTC if you are going to jump the gun without even waiting to see what Sammy comes out with in less than a month just to get $100

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Nope, I think it's a good iteration for HTC though. But I think you are way to tunnel visioned on HTC if you are going to jump the gun without even waiting to see what Sammy comes out with in less than a month just to get $100
    Well I'm personally not interested in anything by Samsung... I made up my mind years ago that I did not want to use our support Samsung in any way..

Sent from my EVO LTE
    Banned

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Well I'm personally not interested in anything by Samsung... I made up my mind years ago that I did not want to use our support Samsung in any way..

Sent from my EVO LTE
    +10000

Remember what the doormouse said, feed your head!

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post

Sent from my EVO LTE
    To each his own, it seems like neither of us are going to be on the pre order list. As I've said before I want to see what the note 3 has in store and at this point I'm leaning towards that as my next phone.
    taniabonita52 likes this.

Nope. I love my Evo... But I'm interested to see what the Note 3 has to offer. I'm due for an upgrade in May, and I think I might get a Note.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."

This phone is a step Backwards from the evo LTE and 2 steps down from a GS3.

No good reason this phone shouldn't have a removable battery and a MicroSD slot.

At least samsung has it right.

Just looks like a spec bump and nothing more.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile

Global Posts
    979 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    I've got a trip to Hawaii coming at the end of March. I'm waiting to see how the camera fares in the real world. I love the camera on my EVO. Everyone does. My wife likes her GS3 camera, but when she sees what I get off my EVO, she thinks I am taking pics with our 12MP digital shooter and just lying to her. I love HTC phones. Their build quality is second to none. Second isn't even close. I don't care about custom ROMs or stock Android. They're nice and all, but I don't spontaneously combust every time an OEM releases a phone that isn't a Nexus. I know what Sense is and what I'm getting in to. Zoe looks sweet, but I'm not too sure about BlinkFeed. I'll probably use it for sports, news and weather as opposed to social networks, but that all remains to be seen. If the camera rocks the way people are talking about, I'm probably in.
    Just a heads up. Sprints data speeds are very slow in Hawaii. Plus we don't have lte yet. Only wimax with sprint. Aloha

Sent from my Coconut Wireless
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by The Hustleman View Post

No good reason this phone shouldn't have a removable battery and a MicroSD slot.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the Galaxy S3 unfortunately on T-Mobile
    If your priorities are removable batteries and a microsd then how is this phone only 1 step back from the evo LTE and 2 steps down from a GS3?

If your priorities are removable batteries and a microsd then how is this phone only 1 step back from the evo LTE and 2 steps down from a GS3?
    LTE has the MicroSD card slot like any great phone should have

The GS3 has that plus the removable battery, 2 things this phone doesn't

LTE has the MicroSD card slot like any great phone should have

The GS3 has that plus the removable battery, 2 things this phone doesn't

I read your first comment wrong, so used to everyone hating the gs3

ROM
    decks 1.3b/sav zen

My wife has a upgrade right now, she has my og evo, when the one comes out she'll be getting this evo

Please go back to your Samsung threads fan boy!

bigrey81 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    I never used the kickstand

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life
    Blasphemy! LOL

I read your first comment wrong, so used to everyone hating the gs3
    Maybe because this isn't a forum for a gs3 love fest, huh?
    bigrey81 likes this.

I will not be upgrading from my Evo LTE to the new HTC One.

The bump in specs is expected in any new phone; but I can live without Blink feed, Sense 5 and Zoe. I am sure 2GB Ram and the Quad-core will be faster, but the 1GB Ram and Dual-core are going to keep me happy for a second year.

I dont want to give up (1) SD card support (2) Kickstand (3) Camera button (4) Multitask button (and android standard).

The IR blaster is a great idea, but we need to see if the established standards allow it to be really useful. This phone about the same size, same weight and has maybe one innovative feature. I put upgrade in quotes because this device does not seem to be an evolution from the OneX/EvoLTE family. IF it had wireless charging AND a smaller/lighter design, then I would maybe consider paying for the upgrade. If I was stuck with an Evo 3D, or any other 2011 phone, then this would be my go to device.

The HTC One is making it easier for me to stick with the Evo LTE for the whole two years. I hope HTC has a lot of success with this new phone, but I don't find it to be a revolutionary leap over the Evo LTE.
    Thanked by:
    crxssi likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

To me the HTC one looks to much like a Windows phone 8 as far as how the on screen operations look I still prefer my EVO LTE but I am worried that sense the phone is soon to be released it leads me 2 believe that there gonna hold back on the jellybean 4.2.2 update for the EVO 4g LTE till they get as many sells as they can for the HTC one which can take a while that sucks I dislike apple just as much as the next android guy but atleast no matter when a newer iPhone comes out they still update the older iphones in a timely fashion

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Maybe because this isn't a forum for a gs3 love fest, huh?
    So the prerequisite for having an evo is blindly hating all things samsung? I'm not on here to talk about the gs3, I have and never plan to own one but I also don't see the point in all the sammy bashing that goes on here. And yes after seeing some of hustleman's recent posts he's definitely trolling through here

So the prerequisite for having an evo is blindly hating all things samsung? I'm not on here to talk about the gs3, I have and never plan to own one but I also don't see the point in all the sammy bashing that goes on here. And yes after seeing some of hustleman's recent posts he's definitely trolling through here
    No, not at all. But apparently a prerequisite for owning a gs3 is you agree to go to every forum under the sun to proclaim how your gs3 is so much better than the phone for the forum you're posting in.

And for the record I have never bashed a sammy phone, ever. I just bash those posts that fit my criteria above. Sammy makes great phones, we have two of them on our family plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    No, not at all. But apparently a prerequisite for owning a gs3 is you agree to go to every forum under the sun to proclaim how your gs3 is so much better than the phone for the forum you're posting in.

And for the record I have never bashed a sammy phone, ever. I just bash those posts that fit my criteria above. Sammy makes great phones, we have two of them on our family plan.
    Haha agreed, I guess I've never felt the urge to talk about how great my evo is over in the gs3 area. Which sammys do you have? I'm always curious to hear from people who have experience with both

Haha agreed, I guess I've never felt the urge to talk about how great my evo is over in the gs3 area. Which sammys do you have? I'm always curious to hear from people who have experience with both
    Daughter and son both have gs3s. Daughter had the Epic previously and in thought that scared her away from Samsung, but she loves her gs3 (she only wishes she waited a little longer and got a Note 2). They love them, but it's not the phone for me. It just doesn't feel right to me. I like the evo 's screen better, like the feel in my hand better, and like sense better. My kids feel differently and came up with the money to buy their phones, and like the gs3 isn't for everyone neither is the evo.

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts

I'm contemplating upgrading to the HTC One. I paid for the Best Buy Buyback Program and if I use it before May, they should give me $280 for my EVO LTE. That should help pay for Sprint's early upgrade fee plus some of the cost of the phone.

My only concern is if true multi-tasking back! I've learned to live with Sense killing most of my apps in the background but I would like that back. With Blinkfeed always running, I'm worried that Sense will be extremely bloated, even with 2GB RAM.

I rarely use the shutter button (using it always makes my photos blurrier than if I used the touchscreen button), I rarely use the kickstand, and I have to admit I rushed out to buy a 32GB microSD, and have yet to fill even half of it. I think this phone might serve me well.

I also want to see what Samsung will be releasing with next months announcement. I think I'm patient enough to wait this time. I've had every EVO (EVO, EVO3D, EVO 4G LTE), but I do wish I would have held out for the S3 instead of getting the EVO 4G LTE on it's release date (well...the release date after the customs hold )
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

I have to say that i took the SG3 as a replacement for my LTE when it would have been the 4th LTE. After having the SG3 now for a month its going on ebay and im buying another another LTE. I do have a upgrade coming up on a extra line i have which i dont need, but now i think im going to take it when the M7 launches, It is one sexy rig..lol

Quote Originally Posted by RG129 View Post
    I've had every EVO (EVO, EVO3D, EVO 4G LTE)...
    Sorry. You don't list the EVO Shift 4G.

ROM
    HTC Sense

I've thousand percent agreed

I think that not having the microSD card is kind of a big thing. I don,t know why htc did that
    J
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast