Does the One mark the end of the EVO era?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
The Evo 3D was not "Fodder", it had *huge* improvements over the Evo 4G across the board- faster CPU, faster GPU, more memory, more storage, more resolution, bigger battery, higher resolution, newer OS & Sense, better looking screen, dedicated camera button, and more. The only thing lost was the kickstand. At the time it was released, no phone could touch it... just like when the Evo 4G was released.

The original EVO was the first of its kind.. Wimax or 4g was the new thing.. The screen the kick stand.. There was nothing like it.. Since then there has been many different variations of different type phones.. The market has become saturated.. It's harder to come out with anything truly revolutionary because something is right around the corner. Maybe the EVO has seen it's day just like the G1 had as the first Google phone.. I can say that for me having the og EVO and now the LTE version has been a truly great marriage. Sure we had our ups and downs and frustration but in the end I truly appreciate the EVO..

Sent from my amazing HTC EVO LTE

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
The HTC One IS THE EVO!
When you look at the OneX, the og EVO, the EVO 4G LTE and the HTC One, you can see the One is part of the EVO family. All the way from the flat face to the milled aluminum chassis!
It may not be called "evo" but we'll know it's secretly our beloved phone reborn.

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
To me the HTC one looks to much like a Windows phone 8 as far as how the on screen operations look I still prefer my EVO LTE but I am worried that sense the phone is soon to be released it leads me 2 believe that there gonna hold back on the jellybean 4.2.2 update for the EVO 4g LTE till they get as many sells as they can for the HTC one which can take a while that sucks I dislike apple just as much as the next android guy but atleast no matter when a newer iPhone comes out they still update the older iphones in a timely fashion

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
To me the HTC one looks to much like a Windows phone 8 as far as how the on screen operations look I still prefer my EVO LTE but I am worried that sense the phone is soon to be released it leads me 2 believe that there gonna hold back on the jellybean 4.2.2 update for the EVO 4g LTE till they get as many sells as they can for the HTC one which can take a while that sucks I dislike apple just as much as the next android guy but atleast no matter when a newer iPhone comes out they still update the older iphones in a timely fashion

Are you talking about the Blinkfeed interface? It's the defualt but you still have the traditional homescreens as well as being able to completely disable Blinkfeed.

TEEMILL

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's exactly what I am talking about I was not aware that u could disable that on every youtube blog I've seen on the review of that phone no one mentions that you can disable that feature

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's exactly what I am talking about I was not aware that u could disable that on every youtube blog I've seen on the review of that phone no one mentions that you can disable that feature

Yup, I'm pretty sure either Technobuffalo or The Verge said in their (written) coverage that you can disable it. One of those two probably. And even if you don't actively disable it it's as simple as a swipe from the right to get to the traditional homescreens.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
To me the design looks like a cross between an iPhone and the GS3.

The design of the phone looks great.
But to me, the design of the stupid blink crap looks like a cross between crap and more crap. I would turn off that crap in a heartbeat! Crap!!

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
But to me, the design of the stupid blink crap looks like a cross between crap and more crap. I would turn off that crap in a heartbeat! Crap!!

Couldn't have said it any better myself! Crap!!

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

For use as the default homescreen, for my usage, and apparently yours, I agree. There's absolutely nothing wrong with offering it as an option to add on in addition to the homescreens or as a widget though.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
For use as the default homescreen, for my usage, and apparently yours, I agree. There's absolutely nothing wrong with offering it as an option to add on in addition to the homescreens or as a widget though.

I couldn't agree more. I think having it as an option or widget for those with A.D.D. is fine as long as there is a way to remove/disable/turn it off. I strongly support configurable systems with lots of user customization and choice.

Attention deficit disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
With the advent of a Verizon "variant" of the HTC One showing up on the radar it may be still possible for Sprint to pull a fast one and also make their variant an EVO phone...fingers crossed-->I love the 'EVO' brand and would hate to see it end.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
With the advent of a Verizon "variant" of the HTC One showing up on the radar it may be still possible for Sprint to pull a fast one and also make their variant an EVO phone...fingers crossed-->I love the 'EVO' brand and would hate to see it end.

That would be a really lousy and short sighted marketing move for Sprint and HTC. They need to remove the word "variant" from their vocabulary

Sent from my Note 2

ZDK

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
If that stands true for Sprint & HTC then it should also stand true for Verizon & HTC as this new variant patterned after the HTC One WILL NOT be called the HTC One as it will fall close to the time of their annual release of the Droid Incredible series

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
If that stands true for Sprint & HTC then it should also stand true for Verizon & HTC as this new variant patterned after the HTC One WILL NOT be called the HTC One as it will fall close to the time of their annual release of the Droid Incredible series

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It stands true for any HTC phone on any carrier. Look at how much buzz the "one" has gotten over any other recent HTC phone, it's not all positive but at least people are talking about it. Why would anyone in their right mind want to dilute that?