EVO LTE vs HTC ONE

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The One is a BEAUTIFUL phone. I wish they would have kept the kickstand used on the Evo. I LOVE the kickstand on my Evo. LOVE it!

With the cases these days that have a kickstand built in, this is not that big of an issue for me. Plus with that little bit of extra room it gives the designers, they can stuff more "phone" Inside there.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Not that it's important at all to the conversation but I don't think I'll ever be a holster guy...

I took an iphone swimming with me once, totally my fault, it was a sad and expensive day

Ooooh. Thankfully I'm really paranoid and constantly check that kind of stuff around water, worst I've done is send some flash drives through the washer/dryer and go swimming with my wallet.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Ooooh. Thankfully I'm really paranoid and constantly check that kind of stuff around water, worst I've done is send some flash drives through the washer/dryer and go swimming with my wallet.

It's been years now so I'm over it and I'm way more conscientious about it now. But to this day any time I go into water I always have a split second panic reaction that I left something in my pocket...

The wallet could be a rough one as well

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who has never had a need to remove my battery? Why is having a nonremovable battery a negative? And how does neither device win in that category because of it? That seems more subjective than the software part.

Im pretty sure my first sentence acknowledges this

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
The plusses of a non removable battery are way better than the plusses of a removable one.

First of all, there are ways to soft reset devices without a battery pull, so that point is null.

Second, the reason removable batteries have bad charges is because they are removable. Building the battery into the phone make as it more efficient and allows a physically larger space to be taken up by the battery.

It also vastly improves the design of the phone, it not only looks better, but is also sturdier as a result of being able to be unibody.

I get people wanting a removable battery and that's all well and good, but don't be deluded, removable batteries are less efficient in power transfer and in capacity for their use of space.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
No
All of this is based off my personal perception but so far here is how I see it

size= same 4.7 on both...tied
design= HTC One created to have wider mass market appeal while EVO LTE was more closed and targeted based off its past product line history....EVO LTE
screen=HTC ONE wins be default due to newer technology. SLCD 3 in HTC One vs SLCD 2 on the EVO LTE....HTC One
processor= 1.5 dual core in the EVO LTE vs 1.7 Quad in HTC One....HTC One
battery= 2000mah in EVO LTE vs 2300mah in HTC One.............neither for lack of removability
software(OS)=ever so slight bump to 4.1.2 on the HTC One versus 4.1.1 on the EVO LTE currently.....HTC One
software(manufacturer overlay)= too subjective to gauge. HTC one is rocking Sense 5 while EVO LTE is currently rocking 4+
Memory= HTC One is clear winner hear with double the on-board ram of the EVO LTE. 2gb VS 1gb......HTC One
storage= HTC One will come in 32gb/64gb non-removable. EVO LTE has 16gb built in and supports up to 32gb.......EVO LTE
camera=EVO LTE has 8mp shooter with image sense chip. HTC One has 4mp shooter with larger size pixels and greater aperture.......*too soon to know.

From where I sit the plusses the HTC One has over the EVO LTE are all incremental and to be expected. Nothing to make me say "I gonna run out and get this" and definitely not enough to NOT make me consider other manufacturers. Today's announcement had a lot of hype and pizzazz as to be expected but at the end of the day I'm left saying "MEH!!!". Am I wrong?

You forgot the kickstand and dedicated camera button

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
All of this is based off my personal perception but so far here is how I see it

battery= 2000mah in EVO LTE vs 2300mah in HTC One.............neither for lack of removability

The Evo LTE' s battery is removable and replaceable, but not a quick-swap. Takes about 5 min. The HTC One, however, has the battery between the screen and motherboard, so it will be a nightmare to try and replace.

storage= HTC One will come in 32gb/64gb non-removable. EVO LTE has 16gb built in and supports up to 32gb.......EVO LTE

The Evo LTE will work with a 64GB card, so that is a total of 80GB. This is more than either HTC ONE. However, built-in storage is typically a much higher quality and speed.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I decided I can no longer tolerate removable SD storage long ago. It's not even more convenient for me anymore either. Built in everything is the highest quality experience I've had.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm just waiting on the HTC Two, the one just isn't worth the update nothing ground breaking compared to the Evo

Sent From My HTC....oh wait it's stuck at customs

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I think the speakers are going to be a big deal.

Having switched to a phone with a louder better speaker I can tell you I could never go back. I listen to iheart radio in the morning for traffic and use navigation a lot and both benefit greatly from the speaker. I think people will be surprised by how big of a deal the speakers are

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I think people don't realize how limiting current speakers are, because to them it's just normal. These will likely be a game changer. You will actually be able to show someone a YouTube video without leaving the room and finding a quiet corner and using a solo cup to amplify.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
You just put the speaker over the mouth of a solo cup and it echoes back. Pretty high tech stuff.