Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen Shattered

I dropped my phone and the screen shattered. Has anyone else expereinced this and will Sprint help replace the phone or at least hopefully replace the screen? I currently pay a monthly fee for equipment service and repair as well. Thank you

Default Re: Screen Shattered

Quote Originally Posted by meb730 View Post
    I dropped my phone and the screen shattered. Has anyone else expereinced this and will Sprint help replace the phone or at least hopefully replace the screen? I currently pay a monthly fee for equipment service and repair as well. Thank you
    Call them

I cracked my screen after it slipped into the recliner. I have the insurance from Sprint. $150 for a refurbished phone. It arrived next day and I've been using it since November without issue.

I dropped mine and also pay for the insurance and Sprints equipment protection plan. Sprint will not cover it or help you out...get ready to shell out $150 for a refurbished phone. Might want to check your local mall for a place that fixes broken screens. After I replaced my phone I saw that I could have spent $100 to have them replace the glass and keep my original phone.

If you have the skillz you can do it yourself.... HTC EVO 4G LTE replacement parts
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Do you know the name of any stores that would replace screens?

When mine cracked, I called a few repair places. All said I would be better off going through the insurance.

Ya it voids the warranty if you have a non authorized dealer install the screen..

Sent from my amazing HTC EVO LTE
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I found that the repair places are cheaper then evern having isurance. For this phone Sprint would have charged me 150 dollars to replace it. With the total equipment protection insurance. Repair places are around 130 dollars.