Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By taniabonita52
  • 1 Post By Cyrene
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default After update, keyboard changed. Can I revert to previous keyboard?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who got this change, but what exactly was it?

The reason I ask is my keyboard is completely changed. It looks like the jelly bean keyboard, but it shows up in the settings as the HTC Sense keyboard. on top of that, I noticed the theme changed to a blue-ish in terms of the text messages are highlighted blue that I didn't read, and the same goes for emails.

I'm so used to the HTC Sense keyboard because it's bigger.. and I want it back..

Default Re: After update, keyboard changed. Can I revert to previous keyboard?

There are other options out there and I personally would recommend swiftkey over the stock keyboard and definitely over swype

Try out SwiftKey!!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."
    SlackBlade and So Cold like this.

If you have never tried Swype beta then I think everyone should at least give it a go..you can customize it..change themes.hand writing, smooth just like stock Swype.

Sent from my amazing HTC

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    If you have never tried Swype beta then I think everyone should at least give it a go..you can customize it..change themes.hand writing, smooth just like stock Swype.

Sent from my amazing HTC
    Is the auto correct any better than stock swype?

Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Is the auto correct any better than stock swype?
    I've had no problems with the auto correcting so far..had a few problems with stock Swype and a lot with swift key.

Sent from my amazing HTC

Kii Keyboard is another great option. Has swipe, great predictions. I like it much better than Swiftkey (of which I was a long-time user) and converted.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Topgonzo likes this.

I also use the Swype beta, I like it a lot, but I like the installed Swype. I haven't had any problems out of it. As stated above, there are many keyboards out there. It's all about your preferences. Try a couple out and see which one you like the best. Good luck and hope you find one too suit your needs.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRider2k3 View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who got this change, but what exactly was it?

The reason I ask is my keyboard is completely changed. It looks like the jelly bean keyboard, but it shows up in the settings as the HTC Sense keyboard. on top of that, I noticed the theme changed to a blue-ish in terms of the text messages are highlighted blue that I didn't read, and the same goes for emails.

I'm so used to the HTC Sense keyboard because it's bigger.. and I want it back..
    To address your original question, in the play store you should be able to download a replica version of the stock keyboard for whatever Android version you were on before.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.