Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    CM7 or a stock sense rom

Default Facebook (build 140579)

This keeps popping up in my status bar, and it doesn't go away. It appears as if facebook is updating or downloading something. Restarting the phone does nothing. What is this?

Sent from my third EVO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Facebook (build 140579)-uploadfromtaptalk1363246611514.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Facebook (build 140579)

Yeah I got the same thing, I even tried erasing facebook app and then resetting the phone up without facebook, its still ON
    That's seems very fishy ..... !!!!

I have Samsung GalaxyS II ( Galaxy S2 ) Sprint

Everyone seems to suffer from this annoying problem.
    I have found a solution:
    keep pressing on it till you get "App info", then force stop it and clear date.

This worked for me and hope it works for you guys.
    Thanked by:

Lightbulb Re: Facebook (build 140579)

I use Galaxy S(I9000). I also suffered with the same problem since this morning. Tried to stop the update process in many ways which are not successful. @ last stopped it by going to Menu --> Downloads --> Other downloads and there selectd the particular download and cancled it.

im using galaxy Y and how to stopped it... it drowning my battery :-(

I was having the same issues on my HTC Thunderbolt. I was able to get rid of mine by going into my apps and finding the App called Downloads. It showed that the Facebook (build 140579) was In Progress of downloading. So I killed it to see if this would work. I restarted my phone and it still hasn't popped up. I checked to see if it was in Downloads, and there is nothing there.

Prior to figuring that out I had originally tried to force stop the Download Manager. That worked, however when I restarted my phone it would pop right back up and say that it was downloading again.
    Thanked by:
    Lillian Nieman likes this.

I have a Samsung Galaxy SII and cannot get this to quit! It's not showing up in my downloads, when I try clicking on it in my active applications it just brings me to my home page and I disabled FB (which is not showing anywhere on my phone but I'm unable to enable in Play Store). PLEASE HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by cgast89 View Post
    It's not showing up in my downloads, when I try clicking on it in my active applications it just brings me to my home page and I disabled FB
    Are you opening up the program from the All Apps menu as if you were opening up another program like Angry Birds?

No I wasn't ~ I just did & it's gone...knock on wood it stays that way! Thanks SO Much

I have the same problem on my xperia s and I don't know how to stop it

please help me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonya Marycruz Hernandez Davila View Post
    I have the same problem on my xperia s and I don't know how to stop it
    Did you try opening up the Download App and removing it from there?
    Thanked by:
    jbog24 

Quote Originally Posted by cgast89 View Post
    No I wasn't ~ I just did & it's gone...knock on wood it stays that way! Thanks SO Much
    Your welcome.

I have the same prob only the bar is there it has not started but it keeps acting like its downloading I searched in play store n couldn't find it turned phone off then on and its still there and its not listed under my apps or downloads does anyone know anything else to try to get rid of it?

I have a Razr Maxx. Same problem, went to downloads in apps menu, checked box for Facebook (build 140579) and sent it to trash. That took care of it. Thanks.
    need4spd90 likes this.
    OTB

Ti fix this problem its easy

Go to your Downloads - choice other downloads and you will see Facebook build 140579 file and delete it

The problem solved
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidy DeGennaro View Post
    I have the same prob only the bar is there it has not started but it keeps acting like its downloading I searched in play store n couldn't find it turned phone off then on and its still there and its not listed under my apps or downloads does anyone know anything else to try to get rid of it?
    I had the same issue so I know how annoying this thing is. It sounds like you are looking under my apps or downloads in the Settings menu, is this correct?

I've decided to add some screenshots to help out since I understand that looks for the Download app can be confusing.

Below is a screenshot of my home screen and what I need to click to get to all of my apps. There should be something similar on whatever phone/tablet you are using.

This is a screenshot of the app that you are looking for:

When you open up the Downloads app you should see Facebook (build 140579). On my phone I had to hold down on it and drag it to a trash can. Once I removed this it took care of the issue.
    Thanked by:
    LASullivan17 likes this.

Yes I looked under all apps and also looked under downloads and it wasn't in either folder

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I opened 'Internet' clicked on Menu and selected Downloads and it was listed there. I was able to delete it an it hasn't came back. :-)
    BTW....This is crap!!!
    Thanked by 2:

I just added some screenshots that give a little bit more detail on where to look. You won't find them under the Settings menu. You'll need to go under the Apps menu.

Quote Originally Posted by mawilson82 View Post
    I opened 'Internet' clicked on Menu and selected Downloads and it was listed there. I was able to delete it an it hasn't came back. :-)
    BTW....This is crap!!!

Yes its bs n annoying but Ty that worked for me as well

Cool Re: Facebook (build 140579)

Go to your Downloads - choice other downloads and you will see Facebook build 140579 file and delete it

The problem solved

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

Same problem on my DNA but with a different build number. I updated facebook, hoping that will solve the issue permanently as I had the notification return three times after canceling the download.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

That worked for me. Thanks.

Same problem here, Samsung Fascinate 2.3.4 firmware, I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Facebook but that only creates an additional buggy download, I have 5 queued up now.
    I don't have the Downloads app, and I don't have anything under Internet > Menu > Downloads. I also tried downloading 2 different download managers but the Build 140579 doesn't show up in them.

Please help ; ;
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast