Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By macbiz01
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google play store problems?

I've been having problems with my play store either crashing randomly or not updating apps..been going on a week or so. Had anyone else had any problems with error messages for this?

Sent from my amazing HTC

Default Re: Google play store problems?

Yes. My Play Store icon turn generic green and no longer works. Really tough to get new stuff without it. Google support said factory reset was the only way to fix this. Bummer. Haven't tried that yet as it will require me to re-install all my apps. BTW this my HTC EVO 4G is not rooted running android 2.3.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    I've been having problems with my play store either crashing randomly or not updating apps..been going on a week or so. Had anyone else had any problems with error messages for this?

Sent from my amazing HTC
    Quote Originally Posted by macbiz01 View Post
    Yes. My Play Store icon turn generic green and no longer works. Really tough to get new stuff without it. Google support said factory reset was the only way to fix this. Bummer. Haven't tried that yet as it will require me to re-install all my apps. BTW this my HTC EVO 4G is not rooted running android 2.3.5.
    Try uninstalling the Google Play updates (find Google Play app in the Play Store or your app list in the Play Store and click uninstall.) This will uninstall any updates to GP and put it back at the same state it was when you got your phone. Then I would restart the phone and reinstall the updates to see if it helped. Also depending on your error message, you might just need to log out of the Play Store and log back in. Maybe try that first. Hope something other than factory reset helps.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

I started having problems with mine the other day. Keep crashing and could not open. Went into app settings, cleared cache and data, started working after that.

Sent from my EVO 4g LTE using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    Try uninstalling the Google Play updates (find Google Play app in the Play Store or your app list in the Play Store and click uninstall.) This will uninstall any updates to GP and put it back at the same state it was when you got your phone. Then I would restart the phone and reinstall the updates to see if it helped. Also depending on your error message, you might just need to log out of the Play Store and log back in. Maybe try that first. Hope something other than factory reset helps.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.
    Can't really go to google play store app as it will not launch. I don't see Play Store or Google Play Store in my app list under All Apps or in Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All, though I do see Google Play Services there.

UPDATE:
    So, I got innovative. Went here:

and downloaded latest Google Play store on my PC and save to DropBox, which I already had installed in phone, then I installed it from phone using copy in my DropBox app. Voila, back in business. Store works again and no Factory Reset Required.
    Last edited by macbiz01; 03-22-2013 at 12:39 AM.
    Thanked by:
    kleeno 
    TonyLibations and kleeno like this.

Force stip and clear Play services will likely help but which model again

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by macbiz01 View Post
    Can't really go to google play store app as it will not launch. I don't see Play Store or Google Play Store in my app list under All Apps or in Settings/Applications/Manage Applications/All, though I do see Google Play Services there.
    Oops. I guess that would be a bit of a catch-22. I was originally going to say long press it on the home screen and select uninstall, but wasn't sure if that worked with system apps.
    UPDATE:
    So, I got innovative. Went here:

and downloaded latest Google Play store on my PC and save to DropBox, which I already had installed in phone, then I installed it from phone using copy in my DropBox app. Voila, back in business. Store works again and no Factory Reset Required.
    Glad you found a solution.

'Google play store has stopped' keeps popping up every 10 seconds and I have to press ok to clear it, have tried to uninstall it but it wont let me, I have a Samsung Galaxy, help anyone?
    Thanked by:

Plz help me.my samsung galaxy tab has a problem.
    This is shown everytime and i cant open my playstore.. it says com.google.process.gapps has been stop..help me to fix it plz...

ROM
    Carbon ROM / Komodo-31

Quote Originally Posted by Tingles01 View Post
    'Google play store has stopped' keeps popping up every 10 seconds and I have to press ok to clear it, have tried to uninstall it but it wont let me, I have a Samsung Galaxy, help anyone?
    You get this figured out?

Google play gets a network failure often. also the icons and pics dont show up clearly...they are blurred on my galaxy ace recently... any clue to why this happens.. any remedy to solve this problem... pls advice.

The same problem!

ROM
    Carbon ROM / Komodo-31

First of all...Sprint drives me nuts. "Do a factory reset" is their catch all. There's usually always a solution that doesn't involve a reset.

Google Play can be the source of many headaches. Here's a fix for when it acts up AND when you install a new ROM:

-Go to your main screen
    -menu button
    -manage apps
    -you're going to do the following to the following apps:
    google play store, google services framework, google play services

a) Force stop
    b) clear cache
    c) clear data

-reboot

*If you're rooted, reboot into recovery and wipe Dalvik as well...then reboot.

When you open Play it will ask you to accept blah blah blah etc etc...just click ok, and you should be good to go.

Hopefully this helps some people out there!

Finally found resolution to playstore issue on my gn2. Updated samsung apps through samsung hub or samsung apps. Once they updated my playstore started downloading again. Hope thus works for u