Sprint HTC EVO - restore contacts from computer

ward376

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, please excuse if this question has been asked before, I did poke around and search some but didn't find the specific info I'm looking for.

My sister was having reception issues with her EVO, so over the weekend I copied everything off of her phone onto my laptop and she did a hard reset which seemed to clear up the issue - but now some/'most' of her contacts are missing and I can't find what appears to be them in the files copied from the phone.

So - what folder should they be in?
Is there a file that will just restore the contacts?
Alternate methods?

Please and thanks!
:-[

Edit - or is there a way to upload a text file or xl list?

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Did she have them in her Google account or just on the phone? If just the phone i think you might be out of luck. If Google when she adds that account they should be restored.

You should always have contacts in Google, this they won't be lost like this.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
you may check to see if you or she exported the contacts at some point before the reset. go to contacts -> menu -> manage contacts -> import/export contacts and see if you can find them on the sd card or in phone storage.

there may be some of the contacts still available.

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't know that there's a contact file anymore... Used to be the Pim.vol file in WinMo was all you needed.... And if there is a contact file, I'm sure it's only accesable to rooted users, so if your unrooted, you probably couldn't of copied contacts....

And when adding new contacts, it defaults to Google contact..... Have her log into her email acct in a browser, no app, and see if the contacts are still there... If they are, its definitely syncable... If not, then the contacts are gone...

Also, facebook data doesn't get saved with Google... So if your cuz had fb contacts, she just needs to resync her FB app also

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I've had issues with Google not syncing all of my contacts over the years so I just manually save my contacts from time to time on my SD card and then back them up on my computer. It works quickly and when I switched to this phone it was super easy and fast to import them...... They save as a pscs file on your card.