Sprint Upgrade Now Program

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I posted this in the One forum, but I figured I would post it here as well.

I was in my local Sprint store yesterday and I was asking about the One. They didn't have a unit in store yet, but they salespeople there were very informed and had a lot of information about it that seemed to be pretty spot on from all we have have seen and read. I really want this phone, but am only a year in on my EVO LTE. The lady working asked me for my phone number and looked up my info. She said I was eligible for the upgrade now program where I could get the phone at the 199.99 price plus 275 for upgrading early. This would also involve getting 100 dollars back for my EVO LTE and 42 dollars back for my old EVO 3D. That would bring the price to 332. I am very tempted to do this. I was wondering if anyone else on sprint was considering this or has every done this? Thank you for any feedback.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
on something like craigs list your EVO LTE is worth around 175 to 225 depending on accessory's and condition.
The EVO 3D id say is around 100-125, again condition and accessory's.
How important is it for you to be locked into another 2 year contract? IF you dont are about that id sell your phones your self then go in there and pay the early upgrade plus the price of the phone on contract.
What is the actual date of the end of your contract?

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Its basically a termination fee but without actually leaving sprint that way they keep you. You could probably terminate the contract then redo a new one with a new line and get the phone for $99 which is the new line price. You could also do the HTC thing for $100 for that old evo 3D, if you preorder now as well. DO NOT sell your Evo 4g lte back to sprint unless its in terrible shape sell it online you will get MORE!

I've been thinking about all this myself but I don't want the same size display I want a 5inch display which will come out at the end of the year nov/december with better everything. This multi-fail-tasking still bothers the **** out of me, so its tough to not upgrade right now because I totally want to lol

Last edited:

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I did something similar when I went from my Samsung Nexus 4G to my current HTC 4G EVO LTE phone. I basically bought out my contract at the 1-year mark, traded in my Nexus 4G for $99, and bought the HTC LTE at the $199 subsidized price. It was definitely cheaper than buying the HTC LTE at full price. The buyout fee actually goes down every month, so the longer you hold out the cheaper it will be. I'm currently running the custom Meanbean ROM on my HTC LTE, so I'm good with it for now. But, someday I'll probably jump and upgrade to the HTC One before my contract expires! :)

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I have done this the past two years, but this year they want me to trade my phone in for $100 as well. Now we all know that a GS3 can easily go for around 300 so I am in a touch spot now

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Also Sprint has the buddy share thing now. if you someone with a upgrade willing to give it up thats a way to go to. i got a $100 for my old evo OG I do have to say i was running the sense 5 port on my LTE and i dont know if it was really worth the 2 yr contract. for what i got with the ONE

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I did this last year to get the LTEvo, but I refuse to do it again. I love my phone, but I despise Sprint. Horrible coverage and no LTE...its not even on the horizon. If they don't improve and get LTE by this time next year, I will go to another carrier. Nothing about the One appeals to me if I have to be stuck with Sprint for two more years.

Sent from my EvoLte using Tapatalk 2

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I did this last year to get the LTEvo, but I refuse to do it again. I love my phone, but I despise Sprint. Horrible coverage and no LTE...its not even on the horizon. If they don't improve and get LTE by this time next year, I will go to another carrier. Nothing about the One appeals to me if I have to be stuck with Sprint for two more years.

Curious where do you live?

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
What nv is slowly but surely making its way towards Ohio. Check s4gru.com

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

I checked it out. Such a joke. Cleveland supposedly was to be moved up to the second round, and is now it's in the third which was supposed to start from Dec to May. Nothing yet, and according to Sprint, "MAYBE the third quarter." I don't think my LTEvo will be around to see it.

Sent from my EVO View using Tapatalk2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I checked it out. Such a joke. Cleveland supposedly was to be moved up to the second round, and is now it's in the third which was supposed to start from Dec to May. Nothing yet, and according to Sprint, "MAYBE the third quarter." I don't think my LTEvo will be around to see it.

Sent from my EVO View using Tapatalk2

U know those are completion figures and not start dates right?

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
U know those are completion figures and not start dates right?

Cleveland is "Third Round, with scheduled starts from December 2012 to May 2013." " Cleveland
...Sites Complete = 0%; Anticipated Launch = TBD; Anticipated Completion = TBD"

sandrshe

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here in Buffalo NY. Never got 4g or LTE. Ticks me off! Not going to pay for feature that never come to my area. This is the last time.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2