Google Wakelock hell

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I cannot get out of a Google wakelock. Bookmarks, contacts, calendar, books, services, play store you name it. Freezing apps is not releasing it, rebooting is not releasing it, force stopping apps is not releasing it, turning off auto sync is not releasing it. Deep Sleep battery saver and Greenify aren't remedying it either. I can't figure out what else to do. My phone has been kept awake 4.5 out of the last 6 hours(same thing yesterday). Weird fact,,,,under Accounts when Google sync was broken(red sync error message) I did not have any of these issues. Now that it's green and supposedly working I'm stuck in wakelock. Any ideas??????

Subsound

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I cannot get out of a Google wakelock. Bookmarks, contacts, calendar, books, services, play store you name it. Freezing apps is not releasing it, rebooting is not releasing it, force stopping apps is not releasing it, turning off auto sync is not releasing it. Deep Sleep battery saver and Greenify aren't remedying it either. I can't figure out what else to do. My phone has been kept awake 4.5 out of the last 6 hours(same thing yesterday). Weird fact,,,,under Accounts when Google sync was broken(red sync error message) I did not have any of these issues. Now that it's green and supposedly working I'm stuck in wakelock. Any ideas??????

Open Maps, then go to its Settings. Select Location Settings, and turn off Location Reporting. This should greatly reduce the wake locks