Anyone else having endless issues???

Danielle Simoes

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I got my HTC Evo 4g lte at the beginning of January. Never having had or experienced and HTC Phone before, I loved everything about it. Then about a week into March, the Mic on the phone let go completely. Thankfully I ordered a replacement and it came in several days later. Once home that night I decided to play music on my phone and that was when I found out that my back speaker was metalic-y, crackling and about 1/3 as loud as the speaker on the phone I had just returned. The next day, I brought it back and ordered yet another replacement. I went home and it was working perfectly until about six hours later when I found it sitting on my chair vibrating incessantly. Literally nonstop. Seeing as how it only had about ten percent battery left, I plugged it in thinking that might be the problem. In that didn't work I turned it off and on several times without avail. Seeing as how the store I bought it from was only five minutes away I bought the phone there right away, when they couldn't do anything about it we waited for it to die. When it did it still kept vibrating. Thy gave me my phone with the broken speaker back and ordered me yet another replacement phone. Now this new phone I have had for approximately a month and it has been flawless. Until today. Now the back camera isn't working and whenever I take a picture with the front camera it flips it upsidedown.
I'm honestly tired of bringing back this phone so I have two questions. One: is anyone else having as many problems as I am. Or am I just getting the defective phones. And two: is it even worth getting this phone as a replacement again. I really dont want to have to spend money on a new phone becaus despite its issues, I love the phone and the brand, but I don't know if I can take having to get another phone.

Last edited:

crimedog1989

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I have heard that when they order another phone for you, that it is a refurbished one and not a new one. I would ask for a brand new phone and see what they say. I really feel that sprint and HTC have been dropping the ball lately. I have continued syncing problems with most everything on the phone right now since the last update. I have read the other day that Sprint is the issue for some reason but right now I cannot sync weather, play store, Google, ect... This is the first time that everything stopped syncing. I keep getting the "there is a problem with sync. It will return shortly" message. This has to be a sprint problem. I have been a sprint customer for about 20 years but if this continues I am thinking about going to another company and get rid of the EVO family. I am really looking at the Samsung Note 3. Don't get me wrong, I do really like this LTE 4g but lately sprint and HTC have been really dropping the ball. Plus today, both me and my wife have been getting wrong number phone calls all day for some reason. One other thing is that my phone has been getting really, really hot lately.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

DAL_MOBILE

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe the EVO 4G LTE has quality issues as do the refurbs.

(On my 3rd LTE since Nov 2012. Phone #1: screen developed two black blotches. Refurb #1: lasted 10 days, ?hone stopped working. Also 4G coverage on refurb #1 was non-existent and it was got hot when using for data. Refurb #2: So far so good. My phone is through a business, so I don't have to deal with Sprint directly, lucky me).

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
No issues on mine. I never took the update to jb either, stayed with ics and have been problem free

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Went through a handful of evos since launch day before I finally bailed and there's a couple threads of people with similar experiences. It always felt to me like you had to really want to like the phone and work at it.

Sent from my Note 2

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Had mine for over a year with no issues. The updates made it better. Now if Sprint would step its coverage up, I'd have no complaints....

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I went through 3 black LTE's and went with a S3. Sold the s3 and bought another LTE but a white one that time and that thing is rock solid. i know the color didnt make any difference but it was like a totally different phone

kmarx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I have just noticed that HTC has kind of stopped supporting this phone. NO android 4.1.2. I don't drop calls ever, but my data is awful. This will be my last HTC phone, the HTC one has no appeal to me with no MicroSD slot and the way they have supported this phone. Alteast Samsung is consistent with there phone and updates. HTC can't even put Sense Notes on all there phones