Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hangouts and Google Now issues

After doing the string of updates from Wednesday I updated hangouts from the mobile play store and it didn't take effect. It still shows Talk. Also, Google Now keeps saying I don't have location services on even though all are turned on. Anyone else having any issues similar to this?

Default Re: Hangouts and Google Now issues

When I sideloaded hangouts (I'm impatient when it comes to roll outs) I had a thing going on where my shortcut to talk was pointing to hangouts but still showing up as Talk. I just had to delete the shortcut and make a new one from the app drawer. Are you sure that's not what's going on for you? As for Google now I haven't had any problems.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by BlackedOutLT1 View Post
    After doing the string of updates from Wednesday I updated hangouts from the mobile play store and it didn't take effect. It still shows Talk. Also, Google Now keeps saying I don't have location services on even though all are turned on. Anyone else having any issues similar to this?
    This happened to me also; it said Hangouts was installed but when I opened it it went to Talk. I was able to fix it by going to the Play Store (on a computer) and telling it to install to my phone. It pushed it out again and fixed the problem.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by BlackedOutLT1 View Post
    The new talk replacement Hangouts is being rolled out through the next days. If you still have talk, you did not get the update yet..

Posted via Android Central App
    Drop the Bag

Global Posts
    2,478 Global Posts

I personally do not like the app. Love the look. Wheres my friends list?! It just has random people all over the place. Frequent people I haven't spoken to in Years. And everyone from your phone.

Posted via Android Central App

The one thing I don't like is that you can't really tell who's online and who's not. My frequent list is pretty accurate

I'm having to the same issue.