1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Now has stopped

I have searched and cannot find anyone else reporting this issue. All of a sudden, Google Now has stopped working. No matter what I do, it only says my location services are turned off. I have turned everything on, cleared cash, rebooted my phone (simulated battery pull), turned Google Now off and back on, and nothing. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my EvoLte using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Google Now has stopped

In settings, tap where it says, under Accounts, "Google." Tap Location Settings and make sure the toggle is set to "on."

Hit the back button, and then tap "Search." At the top, where it says "Google Account", make sure your primary email address is shown. Make sure "Web history" and "Personal Results" are on.

Now start Google Now. If it prompts you as to whether you want to use it, tap "I'm in." Then tap menu / settings.Make sure both the Google Now and Notifications toggles are turned on.

BTW, on this screen you can tap where it says "Google Now" (on the words, not the toggle) to customize what gNow will show.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
    Thanked by:
    Cyrene 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Did all that and it was all turned on as you described, but it is still not working. Still saying location services are off.

Sent from my EVO View using Tapatalk2

Mine has been doing that since the update. It tells me in Foursquare that my services are off too. Pretty sure it has something to do with the new update for Google Now. They only thing that worked was when I hard reset my phone. Then I did a normal reboot at it screwed up again.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Has anyone had their Google now issues resolved? Mine has been acting up for over a week now. Even google maps cant find my location even though all of my location settings are checked

Still nothing on mine. It's getting annoying.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Look under Android 4.1/4.2 Jellybean in Android Central for "Google Now keeps saying my location service is turned off". I apologize for not knowing how to link the thread. Many people with HTC's are having this issue since the maps update. So far there is no fix. Only one guy reported factory resetting fixed it, but for others, the problem returned. It seems that Google isn't playing nice with HTC's Network Location Services and for some unknown reason, this app got moved to settings>apps> downloads instead of only being in the "All" section.

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Waze and Telenav GPS both don't work for me today... related?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by sstlthy View Post
    Waze and Telenav GPS both don't work for me today... related?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Possibly. Open maps, without your GPS on, and see if the blue pointer points to your location. Then you will know it's related.